four; bitter thoughts of a sugar coated past

Stigma

Line-Border-1.png

The pair walked back home to Taehyung’s after that, still holding hands.

With smoky breaths leaving their lips into the cold early morning, the two boys walked through the inhabited streets, the autumn leaves crunching beneath their feet. Jimin let out an occasional sniffle, but Taehyung did not mind, only edging closer to his friend as they entered the street Taehyung lived on.

"You live in such a beautiful place." Jimin whispered, watching in awe as the sun began to rise ahead of them, orange and red light breaking out of the horizon. Taehyung chuckled, grinning at his best friend.

"You don't live so far off." Taehyung nodded. Jimin looked around the beautiful houses and he sighed contently, thinking of how lovely it would be to live here.

It would have been nice to still be alive... the thought crossed Jimin's mind, but he shook it off, shaking his head at his own thoughts.

"Hey... Taehyung." Jimin mumbled, speaking to get his attention. "Can we.. go see my parents?"

Taehyung was silent for a while, before he looked at Jimin with a firm nod. "Of course we can go there." Jimin smiled gratefully, as Taehyung continued, "Well, it's where you were brought up and lived almost all your life. Of course we'll have to go there."
"Thank you Taehyung." Jimin smiled as they stopped in front of a house.

"Oh, it's already six... My mother must be awake. Will she, um, be able to see you?"

Jimin shook his head. "But only if you want her to. You get to decide that, Taehyung."
"No, then." Taehyung shook his head. "I don't want her to see you."
"Why not?" Jimin was curious, but instantly regretted asking that when he noticed Taehyung clench his fists and his jaw was set in a firm frown.

"She'd think I was trying to play a cruel trick on her, because I'm so depressed and I'm trying to bring you back to life in my own insane way." Taehyung snarled, Jimin flinched at his words, and Taehyung noticed, immediately feeling sorry.

"Ah, Jimin... I'm sorry." Taehyung sighed. "I'm just not in good terms with her."
"I- I understand." Jimin nodded at him slowly. "I'm sorry to hear that."
"Don't worry, you're here. For now." Taehyung smiled sadly, looking at his house, that was now bathed in the emerging sunlight. "Let's go inside now."

Jimin nodded, following Taehyung to the front door. Taehyung brought his key out, and quietly unlocked his door, hoping his mother wasn't awake, or wouldn't hear him walk inside.

"Taehyung!" A female voice rang through the house, and Taehyung groaned inwardly, waiting for a scolding.

"Taehyung-ah..." His mother's voice sounded strained, as if she had been very worried. "Please don't go off into the dark like that without telling me..."

Taehyung blinked as his mother came closer; it looked as if she had been crying, but he did not address that, instead looked at her with worry.

"Ma-?"
"Taehyung, since Jimin died, I felt like I lost one of my own, I know how close you two were and..." She sighed, giving him a sad smile. "I couldn't lose you too. Please don't go out like that..."

Taehyung blinked once more, his natural reaction to bite back with a retort but he bit his tongue, nodding slowly. This wasn't the time for that. "Sorry, Ma... I'm gonna go to bed now, okay?"

She nodded at Taehyung, and unknowingly at Jimin too, who watched the scene unfold before him with bewilderment. Somehow, the way Taehyung was with his mother seemed to be familiar too. He could almost feel the sadness radiating off Taehyung, who was now walking up the stairs.

Jimin followed, looking at the pictures on the wall as he ascended. All pictures were either of Taehyung as a child, or him and his mother. There never seemed to be a father, or a father figure even, in these photographs. He had also noticed, when walking into the house, that Taehyung's dad wasn't there... why?

Odd. Jimin thought to himself, deciding to ask Taehyung about his father; or rather, the absence of one.

"Hey." Jimin spoke up as they walked into his bedroom, immediately falling onto Taehyung's bed. "If it's okay to ask... what happened to your dad?"

Taehyung froze, looking back at Jimin with shocked eyes. Jimin bit his lip, before saying a quick sorry, but Taehyung shook his head, as he climbed into bed next to Jimin, facing him.

"Well," Taehyung began, glancing down at his pillow. "Dad, um..."
"If it's difficult, take your time." Jimin whispered, placing his hand over Taehyung's closed fist and patting it slowly.

"Oh, it's just... He ran away when I was little. He wasn't very nice..." Taehyung shrugged. "Just left me and Ma one night, on our own. Ma struggled a lot to raise me. But somehow, we managed. We had friends, family helping out. Your mother would always have me over for lunch, after school. I guess it made Ma's life a bit easier since she didn't have to worry about me. I had you and your family to help raise me, so really, it's fine."

Jimin sighed, edging closer to Taehyung. "Hey, he's missed out on a lot. That's his problem, not yours."
"I don't plan on making it my problem." Taehyung grinned. "Well, we should probably sleep, before I take you to your house."

Jimin nodded, instinctively curling towards Taehyung, but not understanding why he did so. Was that his subconscious making him act so? Taehyung noticed, putting an arm out to hold Jimin close. It was also an instinctive action to hold him close, and they slept close together, taking in each other’s warmth as they immediately fell asleep.

It had been a long day for the both of them, and they desperately needed the sleep if they wanted to get through the day.

"Oy." Namjoon looked at his accomplice, who was peering at the house with interest. Pulling the tobacco out from his lips, he looked at the black haired man, whose eyes never left the home that Taehyung and Jimin were currently sleeping in right now.

Yoongi glanced at Namjoon with an irritated look, annoyed as the redheaded devil was smiling at him rather condescendingly.

"Hey, Yoongi? What do devils and demons and all of the sort smoke down in hell?"
"I don't know, Namjoon, what?"
"A Lucigar."
"I hate you." Yoongi shot back, groaning loudly. "Go to hell."
"You mean go back home? We are from the realm of hell anyway." Namjoon snorted, and Yoongi rolled his eyes, sighing endlessly. " off, Namjoon."
"Yeah. off, Namjoon." A small voice squeaked, and a small, blood-red dragon perched on Yoongi's shoulder looked at Namjoon angrily, her fork-shaped tongue showing as she hissed at Namjoon.

"No, Ruby." Yoongi gently her head, making her nuzzle her face into his neck affectionately.

"Gosh, I hate your dragon." Namjoon glared daggers at Ruby, before nervously looking up at Yoongi.

"Well, be ing thankful she's my dragon and no one else's, otherwise she might have just killed you."

Namjoon sighed, getting up from the rock he was sat on, before smiling slowly. "He's in there. Our little angel. Shouldn't be too hard to bring him to us, right?" Namjoon added with a confident smirk.

"Don't get too cocky." Yoongi scoffed. "That boy, Taehyung? He seems to be getting right to the task that Shakespearean angel set for him."
"Ah, the memories..." Namjoon remembered, looking at Yoongi. "Hey... what does good ol' Luce want with this boy anyway?"

Yoongi smirked, looking at the house with determination. "He sees potential in him to sin and to curb to temptation."

"And also... I have some unfinished business to attend to with Park Jimin."

-----

Taehyung was the first to stir, his eyes opening to a familiar face in front of him. A beautiful face, and silver hair falling across his forehead and eyes. Taehyung blinked, wondering if this was just a dream, or his mind playing tricks on him, but Jimin...?

Oh, yes. Taehyung remembered now, that last night, he had come in contact with two angels, and one of them was with him right now.

Park Jimin... his best friend of many years, after tragically passing away in a horrible accident, he was now back by Taehyung's side, but with a goal that he had to help with. He was supposed to help Jimin regain the memories he had lost. How did Jimin lose them? Taehyung had suddenly wondered. Could it be that the impact of the crash caused Jimin to have a memory loss just before he died? That wasn't entirely impossible. Nonetheless, it was up to Taehyung to help Jimin remember.

Jimin stirred in his sleep, his eyes fluttering open as he looked at Taehyung. He blinked as his eyes took in the room around him, before he smiled at Taehyung. "Feels like home."

Taehyung grinned, as he got out of bed. It was now three in the afternoon, which was a good time to get to Jimin's house and hopefully help him remember some more things. Once Taehyung had freshened up and got himself some lunch, he left the house quickly, wanting to tend to his tasks as quickly as he could.

He desperately wanted Jimin to remember who he was and what they shared, but at the same time, he really wanted to keep Jimin by his side. The thought of prolonging Jimin's stay by his side, by purposefully delaying the process of returning Jimin's memories to him, did cross Taehyung's mind, but...

No. That was something Taehyung would never do.

Was this a test? Taehyung thought to himself, glancing at Jimin as they walked down the road to where he used to live. The blond looked up at the sky, trying to have an inner conversation with the man above for some sort of answer. However, he knew that he must do this for Jimin.

Somewhere along the line, Taehyung hoped that this would help heal the hole Jimin left behind, and help him finally move on.

Jimin suddenly turned left, onto a road branching off from the one they were on, and Taehyung looked at him in surprise, before following him.

"Well, I'm honestly a bit nervous going back home..." Jimin mumbled as he looked at taehyung. "I mean they won’t see me, my parents but... I'm scared seeing them."

Taehyung reached out, giving him a reassuring pat on the back. "It'll be okay, yeah?"

Jimin nodded, as he stopped all of a sudden in front of a house, and he turned to look at it. Why was this so familiar?

"I should tell you, Jimin... you let the way here." Taehyung said quietly, causing Jimin to look at him with shock. "I did?"
"You did."

Jimin gulped, as Taehyung walked through the small white gate and into the garden, walking up to the door with Jimin in tow.

“Trust me.” Taehyung mumbled, as he rang the doorbell, giving Jimin a reassuring smile. "It'll be okay. Listen. I'll go and talk with your mother, and then you can just walk inside and go up to your room. Take your time. Even if I have to leave sooner, I’ll make sure you’re out before we go. Okay?”

Jimin nodded, putting his trust in Taehyung with a nervous smile. The door opened, to reveal an older woman, about the same age as Taehyung's mother, smiling at the young boy sadly.

"Hello, Taehyung.” Jimin’s mother smiled at Taehyung. The younger boy walked in with a wide grin; he had been excited to see Mrs. Park, and he was hoping that she was just as elated to see that he had come to visit her.

“How have you been?” Taehyung bowed politely, looking at the older woman with an excited grin as he held out a bag in front of him. “Oh, here! My mother made some pudding, she was insistent that I bring some over today.”
“Oh, how lovely! Thank you very much, Taehyung. Come in, would you like some lemonade? You always have that whenever you come over."
“Old habits die hard, Mrs. Park. Yes, please.”

Jimin looked at the woman in front of him affectionately; her dark hair that had only a few strands of grey and she looked so healthy and joyous. Yes, this was undoubtedly Jimin’s mother, for she looked very much like him. His heart bubbled with a strange feeling, watching her. He smiled, even though she would not be able to see him or realise how excited he was to see her.

With reluctance, he turned around, walking towards the stairs. He had a task at hand, and right now he needed very much to get to it, if he wanted to remember more about himself, and now, his home and family. Walking up the stairs, he noticed there were no photographs unlike at his friend’s house. More like, they had been taken down, because the traces of pictures being hung up were evident on the walls, the cleaner, rectangular patches a clear indication of this.

Jimin turned left, towards where he thought his bedroom might be. Thankfully, it wasn’t the wrong direction, and Jimin heaved a sigh of relief when he was able to find his bedroom with ease. His hand rested on the handle, as he took a deep breath. Surely, this was going to help him remember things, and he needed to be prepared for that.

With a determined nod, Jimin opened the door, and walked inside, making sure to close the door behind him. The memories reached Jimin faster than he’d expected, as he fell back against the door, sinking to the floor.

“Good morning, Jimin!” Mrs. Park chirped as her five year old son walked into the kitchen, his nose sniffing and picking up the smell of his mother’s delicious cooking.

“Mom! Good morning!” He immediately ran up to her, only managing to hug her leg as he was too short to hug her whole. Mrs. Park chuckled down at the young boy, whose eyes shone and his smile widened at the sight of her. He laughed, showing off his pearly white teeth save for the two he had just lost. Filled with immense affection for her son, Mrs. Park pet Jimin’s head lovingly.

“Are you all set for school?” She winked at him. Jimin let out a whine, as he crossed his arms and huffed. “Mom! What about breakfast! You said every young boy needs a healthy breakfast to grow taller and stronger!”
“Right you are, Jimin!” Mrs. Park chuckled at his words, and eagerness to eat. “You’re a good boy, and you’re going to grow taller and stronger! Now, why don’t you go to the table and wait for Papa to join?”

Life was easy, life was fun in the Park household. They were a tight-knit family, that always cared for and supported each other, and it was where Jimin felt most safe. He knew he could trust his parents with anything and everything. Jimin loved them so much, and for them, he always worked hard because to him, they were the best and he simply wanted to make them proud.

But he also knew that it was okay not to be perfect, and to make mistakes. The first time he learned this was due to an academic experience, but his father’s words stuck throughout with him, no matter what the situation was.

The curtains in the bedroom were drawn open to let the sunshine inside, and a cheerful voice boomed through the entire room, bringing out a whine from the sleeping boy.

“Jimin, rise and shine!” Mr. Park, Jimin’s father and an excited man, shouted out as he walked to the edge of the bed. Jimin groaned, only sinking further into his pillows.

“No, I don’t want to go in today.” Fifteen-year-old Jimin mumbled softly but he was definitely bothered about something, and that caused his father to worry a little, as he sat down next to Jimin.

“Oh, why not? Is everything okay, Jimin?” Jimin finally kicked his duvet off to his waist, as he sat up, looking at his father worriedly.

“Papa… I don’t think I’m cut out for a good school.” Jimin sighed. “I think I’m made for a school like Hanlim or SOPA… but I don’t think I-”
“Wait, so Hanlim and SOPA are bad?” Mr. Park looked at Jimin incredulously. “I thought they were some of the best contemporary art schools in the country.”
“Yeah. Art school, Papa, not a very academically inclined one. Isn’t that what you and Mom want?”

Mr. Park shook his head, patting Jimin’s shoulder reassuringly. “Hey, Jimin. It’s okay if you want to go to Hanlim or SOPA. Me and your mother only want you to do what you feel is best for you. Okay? So if you want to dance, or do math, you are more than free to choose.”

Jimin sat there, stunned for a moment, before finally finding his tongue. “Papa… it’s really okay to join Hanlim?”
“You’re set, huh? Mr. Park laughed joyously. “Good. I’m glad for you, kiddo. And Hanlim, Taehyung’s applying there too. The two of you are really inseparable, huh?”

Jimin laughed, as he looked up at his father thankfully. “Thank you, Papa…”

“Papa… Mom…” Jimin gasped, as he looked around his room for the first time. It was still exactly the same as he remembered it, with his bed against the wall, posters overlooking it and also plastered on other parts of the walls in the room. His study table, his stereo, space to practice his dance, the room was exactly the same and… Jimin was overwhelmed, when his eyes fell on his old baseball bat and football. It was always, Sunday tradition, for father and son to go out and play in the mornings, and come back to a smashing set of lemonade and tarts.

Jimin laughed when he spotted a photograph of him and Taehyung in their baseball gear, ready to play. Yes, more often than not, Taehyung would tag along. Mr. Park never minded, for Taehyung was like a son of his own and never looked at him any less. Jimin’s father was incredible like that.

Jimin smiled, wiping his tears away as he stepped out of the room. It was time to leave, no matter how much he would have loved to stay there.

Walking down the stairs, Jimin took one last look at his mother, who was putting cookies into the oven. His mind flooded with the memory of the two of them making cookies together.

Chocolate chip. My favourite. Jimin thought fondly, looking at his mother with a sad smile as the tears he held back, filled his eyes once more. With a sad smile, he walked through the door, hoping he could just get to see his parents, just once more, before he had to go.

Once he was outside the house, Taehyung was at the front gate, waiting for him to appear. With a wave, Taehyung signalled at him to come over, watching how Jimin was walking towards him slowly, as if he didn’t want to leave, and his eyes were puffy by the time he reached him.

“Jimin, are you-”
“I’m- I’m fine. Just a bit sentimental.” Jimin chuckled. “I- I hope you can bring me over here one last time. I’d want to talk to my parents, one last time.”

Taehyung slowly nodded. “Once we have your memories, Jimin… Definitely.”

Jimin grinned, still giddy from regaining memories of his house, and the sweet smell of his mother’s homemade chocolate chip cookies.

“Oh, hello, what have we here?”

Taehyung looked up at the voice, finding himself face to face with a red haired male, dressed in all black, and having a leering smile on his face.

“Um-?” Taehyung raised a brow, before glancing at Jimin worriedly. The man in front of him shook his head, and with a flick of his finger, made Taehyung turn his head back around towards him.

“W-What the -?!” Taehyung spluttered, but the man in front of him made a gesture similar to zipping his lips shut. Almost at once, Taehyung’s lips came together, firmly stuck like glue and all that Taehyung could do was make a noise to indicate his struggle.

“Look at me when I speak to you, shut up when I’m talking.” He growled. “I know what you’re up to. You’re trying to give angel boy back his memories that he lost before he died.”

Taehyung’s eyes widened in surprise. Who is this guy, and how the does he know-?

Jimin, however, glared at this black-clothed male fiercely, his voice low and dangerous as he hissed, “Release him, Namjoon.”

Namjoon looked at Jimin coldly, before scoffing, as he retracted his hands. At once, Taehyung seemed to relax, his mouth opening to take in large gasps of breath. Jimin looked at Taehyung with concern, before giving the man in front of them a dirty look. “I don’t know who exactly you are, but I know where you’re from. You ing reek.”
“Oh, ouch, angel, I didn’t think you’d be the type to have a foul mouth.” Namjoon pretended to be hurt by Jimin’s words, before sneering at him. “Fool. You’ll end up making it easy for us.”
“Now, now, Namjoon, we wouldn’t want to spoil this for the both of them.” Another voice called out to the redhead, who turned around and looked at his accomplice with a frown.

“Don’t ruin my moment.” Namjoon sneered at what Taehyung saw was a black haired male walking towards them, with a small dragon (no, he was not hallucinating) on his shoulder.

“Who cares?” He rolled his eyes, looking at Taehyung and Jimin; the mere look intimidating enough to send shivers down their spines.

“Yoongi, wasn’t it?” Jimin scoffed. “Yeah, Jin hyung’s warned me about you lot. I’d keep my distance if I were you.”
“Oh, Shakespeare angel fill you in, didn’t he?” Yoongi raised a brow at the both of them, before shaking his head at Jimin. “Don’t worry. I’m not here for you. Yet. Just a heads up.” Yoongi smirked.

“But it doesn’t seem like it’ll be hard to get you.” Yoongi purred as his fingers held Jimin’s chin, bringing him closer until their lips were a dangerous distance away from each other’s.

“Wouldn’t be too hard to get you to sin, Jigglypuff.”

Taehyung pushed Yoongi away, rolling his eyes at the absurd duo. “Does he look like a ing pokemon to you?”

Yoongi grabbed Taehyung’s shirt and yanked him towards him, eyes forming into slits as he looked at him coldly. “This is between the three of us, human.”

Yoongi shifted his gaze to Jimin, who was gritting his teeth angrily at the two demons that had come before them. “Well, Jiminipuff…” Another haughty smile made its way to his face, “We’ll be in touch. As for you, Kim Taehyung,”

The black haired man let go of Taehyung, pushing him down to the pavement with scorn. “Watch your tongue. Or else I’ll have it chopped off and served to Lucifer for dinner. He’s got a weird liking for fresh human flesh, you know.”

Taehyung gulped, as the two made their way ahead, before they expanded their raven-black wings and flew off, leaving behind what they needed to be said, said to the two boys who were now sighing in temporary relief.

“What a nuisance.” Jimin shook his head. “You okay, Taehyung?”
“I don’t like him.” Taehyung hissed, remembering the black haired male heatedly. “Yoongi… I don’t like him one bit.”
"Look, let's just forget them and move on to the next memory." Jimin helped his friend up, before the pair walked on towards the outskirts of town, to what seemed like a mini market.

"I'll get some food for myself, right now." Taehyung mumbled, patting his stomach as he looked at Jimin. "Come here, let's go to this one."

When they walked into the convenience store, it was mostly empty, something for which Taehyung was thankful for crowds increased his anxiety and he didn't need that.

"This place looks familiar, somehow..." Jimin mumbled behind Taehyung, who was picking out some food and a drink for himself. Taehyung chuckled, as he walked around the place trying to look for things he could pick up while he was there.

"This is the local market. This isn't a big community, so you must have come here a lot. At least, I know we did together, after school sometimes."
"Mind if I walk around? It might help me remember some stuff."

Taehyung nodded at Jimin, who slowly sauntered off into another aisle, watching what was around him carefully. Taehyung smiled at the sight of him walk around so cheerfully; this was something he had really missed in his life, and he was so glad to have it back in his life... even if it were just temporary.

With another smile, Taehyung turned around, only to collide into someone as they both let out surprised gasps, and Taehyung dropped his things to the floor.

"Oh, sorry, let me help with that." Taehyung blinked, as the stranger that had collided with him helped him pick his things off the floor, before looking up to hand it to him. The only thing Taehyung really managed to see from this man, was the name tag on his black t-shirt, as he ran away with his things to another aisle, embarrassed and blushing tomatoes as he escaped, not daring to look back.

On the inside, Taehyung murmured a small apology, and a quick thank you to the sales assistant that helped him.

Jung Hoseok…

Line-Border-1.png

9.02.2017; happy anniversary to my parents LOL
but this update is way overdue, and I'm so sorry I hadn't on Saturday. But here we go, here's an update for you :3c
I'll be updating on Saturday (Kai, Amal, Raufa and Kay, please nag me until I do), but here we have some interesting perhaps comical demons thrown into the mix with a side of hope. Do let me know your thoughts! Have a good day (night?) ^_^

- Haru.