Phonecall

Phonecall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

“Tell me, ge. Was I a mistake?”

 

His raspy voice echoes around the empty room. Sehun puts his phone closely to his ear, missing the other side’s warm voice. The dorm is empty as usual; all members left, leaving the maknae alone.

 

He waits for any answer. He counts silently inside. One, two, three, until he leaves a disappointing sigh at the fifth count. He’s sure his phone screen shows an active coming call from the person he had saved as ‘him’.

 

“Was there even love?” he asks again, this time he makes sure to emphasize each words so the other line would hear him clearly. “Because I love you, hyung. You knew it.”

 

‘I do, too, baby boy. I love you’

 

He palms his face with his other hand and rubs his face thoroughly. “You promised me you’d stay.”

 

‘I’m sorry…’

 

“You said we’d survive this together. Did you forget?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“What would I do without you, hyung?”

 

A line of crystal water wells on the corner of his eye then no long after, it falls. One, two, and followed by the third. The older could only smile bitterly. ‘I’m here, baby boy. I always am’

 

“Don’t you dare saying you’d always be here, hyung. Because you haven’t.”

 

The smaller chuckles. He knows. His baby boy had always known him better than anyone else.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Baekhyun-hyung and Chanyeol-hyung said they prefer ice Americano now. They don’t want to drink bubble tea with me anymore.”

 

‘I’ll scold them both later, love. Don’t worry. You’ll soon have your bubble tea with them again’

 

“Jongdae-hyung and Minseok-hyung always play games now. They ignore my joke.”

 

‘How dare they? No one can ignore my baby boy. I’ll definitely talk to them later’

 

“Yixing-hyung, Junmyeon-hyung, Kyungsoo-hyung, even Jongin are always busy. We don’t have group meeting anymore. I miss them, hyung. I even miss those times when Junmyeon-hyung scolded me for posting your picture on Instagram.” Sehun sobs silently, eyes still watery from crying. His fingers reach his temple and give it some pressure to lessen his headache.

 

‘Poor baby. I’ll make sure to tell Junmyeon about that, hm? Now wipe your tears, Xun’ the younger wipes his now drenched-reddish cheek.

 

“I bet you must think that I look ugly when I cry, right hyung?” Sehun manages to chuckle.

 

The older responds by a quiet giggle. ‘No, baby. You look the best everytime. My handsome Wu Shixun’

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Our fans, hyung, they’re getting cuter by day. They managed to tell that the man in black hat was you. I bet they also flooded your Instagram, right?”

 

‘You have no idea, baby boy. My manager also scolded me when he found out’

 

“We both deserved the scolding. We’re even now.” his lips tug upwards. His eyes are drowning into crescents.

 

‘Yes, we’re even now, baby boy, and I don’t mind getting scolded if it’s for you’

 

Sehun manages to laugh again this time just by thinking about how similar they both are. No doubt they got along well and slowly developed sparks towards each other.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beeep.

 

“Wait, hyung. Someone is coming. I’m moving to my room.” Sehun speaks to his phone while getting up from the couch and rushes to open the door to his bedroom. He walks towards the bed and lays on it, folding one arm behind his head. “I think the beagle-hyungs just arrived.”

 

‘Go, then. Greet them or eat something together’

 

“I still miss you.”

 

‘I’m not going anywhere, Sehun-ah. Eat something first with them and we can talk again. I’m not going anywhere, really’

 

“I’m not letting you go again this time, hyung.”

 

 

 

 

Knock. Knock. Knock. “Sehun-ah, you there?” it’s his Chanyeol-hyung.

 

“Eo, hyung. I’m here.”

 

The door opens, showing his giant hyung still with coat on and a slice of bitten pizza in his hand. Behind him, Baekhyun is peeking into the room, c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter