--oneshot

What Love Was to Jung Yunho

Yunho had never seen a combination of blond hair and ear piercings before, so when he saw Jaejoong for the first time, he was mesmerized. Jaejoong's tie was loosened, his shoelaces untied, sleeves rolled up and with that all, he had a gorgeous bright grin on his face. He was glowing. He was laughing and snickering and fooling around with his friends in class where Yunho had happened to stumble in, a little too early. Their gazes had met, and while Jaejoong's gaze lingered right before he glanced away, indifferent, Yunho couldn't take his eyes off of him.

 

Yunho was always a shy person. The first week at his new school, he didn't talk to anyone. He was easily intimidated by people, and he much preferred being alone.

He ate alone in class in both breaks. He did group work alone, as well. Nobody really commented about him being isolated from the rest of the class like that because it wasn't like they cared. Yunho didn't feel insulted that they left him alone like that so it was fine. It didn't really matter to him if he spent the entire school year like that. His parents didn't mind whether he made friends or not. They wanted good grades and that was about it.

In the occasional free lessons where the rest of the class was grouped together, making noise, Yunho was sat off by the corner. He revised chapters or liked to read carvings on the school desks that were done by other students. Sometimes he heard his name being muttered by the others but didn't pay any attention.

 

About three weeks passed, and Yunho got the highest for a maths test. The looks he got from his classmates were expressions he didn't like to remember. He just knew, he confirmed it pretty much, that he wouldn't be making any friends.

The new kid gets higher than us, he's the biggest ing nerd ever, Yunho wasn't really affected, if he keeps that up, nobody will be his friend, which was fine because it wasn't like he actually wanted to be friends with them.

Especially not with #1 (the nickname Yunho had given a well known school bully since day one). Yunho had gone to the bathroom in one break and when he had come back to class, he had found his English writing book soaked with water. #1 was right there, holding a water bottle, laughing right before he murmured, "oops."

Yunho had gotten shoved into the lockers several times after that. It was okay though. He had also had one of his pages of his textbook ripped off. But that was okay too. His bag also somehow happened to be thrown into a pile of mud outside of school-- but it was okay. He had his chair kicked and his lunch eaten and his pens thrown out of the window. Every bit of remaining respect that he had for these other students went flying. Whatever, it was okay. He wasn't here to make friends. He would have to deal with everything that came his way just like that.

Including Jaejoong. Who didn't just step into his already destructed path, but came crashing flying spinning through and left Yunho into pieces. But good pieces. Good, breathtaking, glowing pieces. Pieces were broken, that was the point, but yet Yunho somehow had never felt so alive, so connected and just so joined together even though he was broken up and in shards and--that didn't make sense, but nothing really did with his feelings at that moment.

 

Yunho had decided to eat his lunch at the very far corner in class one day. It was another student's desk but he would leave before they saw him, because otherwise that would probably end up with his calculator destroyed or something else like that. He just wanted to be hidden away from the door where anyone could see him. He had become a target so he wanted to avoid the darts as much as possible.

Halfway into munching his sandwich, Yunho heard footsteps. His body tensed and he chewed a little more slowly, sinking back into his seat, and then he froze all at once as blond-hair-ear-piercings stomped through the door.

Yunho prayed, he prayed that he wouldn't get noticed even though that was practically impossible because he did was a little up there in the height factor, and unless Kim Jaejoong was blind, there was no way that--

--their eyes met, and Yunho had never swallowed food so painfully before. He then looked down immediately at his desk, a hot flush creeping up his cheeks. He had never been so flustered even though all he had recieved was a glance.

There was a silence, and Yunho was too nervous to even take another nibble of his sandwich. And just as he was about to pack the rest back into his lunch box, a soft voice spoke,

"Did you copy the notes for physics?"

It took a moment for Yunho to reply, feeling dazed from hearing that voice. He answered, his voice timid, unsure, "Yes.." And yet, he didn't have the guts to look back up at blond-hair-ear-piercings.

"Can I please have them? Mrs.Kim cleaned the whiteboard before I could copy them."

Yunho found himself automatically nodding, and as he reached into his bag and took his writing book out, he didn't look at the other male even once. He handed it silently, eyes glued to the book, and almost jerked in his seat when soft, cold fingers brushed against his own.

"Thanks."

He didn't respond to that, just nodded again and packed away his half eaten sandwich. He would probably throw it or give it to his dog later. He continued to force himself to keep thinking about his pet instead of who was in the room with him, and then the break passed just like that.

Their fingers touched again when his book was returned, and he watched Jaejoong and that gorgeous soft blond hair leave through the door, leaving him just as dazed when he had walked in.

 

Day two of eating his food in the far corner of class, and there Jaejoong was again. This time he wanted notes for History. Yunho handed his book over and this time had a little courage to peek at him as the blond did his work a few desks away from him. He could only really see the back of his head and his shoulders, but it was a sight worth admiring.

Jaejoong stood up and turned around abruptly, and Yunho's cheeks reddened, wondering if he had been caught looking. Even if he did, blond-hair-ear-piercings didn't say anything, and merely thanked him before returning his book. Yunho watched him leave again, and then wondered what Jaejoong was doing in class if he couldn't even copy notes.

 

Day three. Physics again, apparently. Day four was English. Day five was Chemistry. Then Monday came around again and when Yunho handed over his biology book over, Jaejoong dragged out a chair besides him and sat with him, copying the notes right there.

Right there. So close. Yunho ended up staring and once the bell had rung, he had realized he had forgotten to eat his lunch.

 

Tuesday, Jaejoong looked at him too. He had written the date on his book and was about to begin the History notes and then he had just. He had just looked up, and Yunho's lips parted. Blond-hair-ear-piercings rose an eyebrow, giving him a look, Yunho didn't know what that look meant, where it came from, why he did it, why oh why but it was everything. It was a look that was everything. Just-- he was floored. His breath hitched and Jaejoong's lips curled into a little smile, and Yunho felt faint. Every single emotion his body could feel hit him all at once.

And then Jaejoong looked back down at his book, and Yunho felt himself reaching the ground again. He let out a harsh breath, feeling dazed. He hoped that would be the first and last time Jaejoong would ever smile at him like that again because for a moment, he was carried away from everything bad, everything so bad in the world and was taken to a place of blond hair and ear piercings and smiles. But that wasn't dreams and not reality.

 

It was kind of funny. Life liked to piss Yunho off a lot, because Wednesday had Jaejoong smiling again. And this time it was worse.

"You have nice handwriting."

That was the first time Yunho had ever heard a compliment like that. He blinked. "Thank you?"

Jaejoong just looked at him for a second, flashed that little smile and went back to writing. Yunho clutched the corner of his desk and tried not to get hit with emotion again. Nobody that beautiful could exist. He felt that nobody that beautiful should even be talking to him.

 

Thursday and Friday, Jaejoong's legs were curled with his underneath the table. Yunho was frozen the entire time, wondering if it was intentional or not or intentional or not or-- oh my god he's pressing closer-- "Yunho."

"Y-yes?" He stuttered, cheeks turning red, heart beginning to slam even harder against his chest.

"Nothing," Jaejoong looked at him for a split second, smiling slightly as he whispered, "I just like saying your name, Yunho."

When Jaejoong untangled their legs and left after the bell had rung, Yunho couldn't go to sleep that night because blond-hair-ear-piercings knew his name.

 

And then there was Monday.

Jaejoong's fingers somehow ended up behind his ear, tucking away a hair, directly looking into his eyes. Yunho's breath hitched, his eyes slightly wide, and Jaejoong tilted his head, not breaking their gaze as his fingers brushed across Yunho's cheek before dropping back down to the table.

They stared at each other for a moment, and Yunho felt like he needed to leave before he made a fool out of himself. Thankfully though, Jaejoong moved his gaze back to his book, and picked his pen up to continue writing.

 

Tuesday was History and more staring. When Yunho thought Jaejoong wouldn't notice, he took the moment to look at the black piericings on his left ear. He rested his chin on his palm, food forgotten altogether as he wondered about the little stud right there in his ear-- did it hurt? why did he get it? how long had he had it for?

"Do you like my piercings?"

Yunho blushed deeply, leaning back, crossing his fingers on his lap and nodding a little awkwardly. Jaejoong grinned, fingers touching them. "I've had them for a year now. They add a nice touch, don't they?"

More nodding.

"My parents were angry, but who cares," Jaejoong said, and Yunho listened intently. That was the first time they had ever talked about anything other than notes. The blond looked up at him, and running a hand through his hair, murmured, "They didn't like me dyeing my hair either. It's not like I give a about what they think though."

Yunho wondered if things were getting too personal, and they probably were-- because Jaejoong stopped talking.

 

Wednesday was nothing. Nothing at all. Yunho wasn't sure whether to feel disappointed or relieved. Thursday was just a glance and a muttered thanks and Friday was swollen, puffy eyes and a pale face and

"Are you okay?"

"Nope. Parents ." Jaejoong whispered, dropping down on a random chair, rubbing a hand over his face. Yunho bit his lip. What was he supposed to do anyway? He looked back at his textbook and pretended to read although he was kind of worried.

Yunho's parents were late to pick him up, and he discovered that Jaejoong was someone who went home by a motorbike, which explained why there was one parked every morning when he came to school. His admiration for the blond simply doubled at that-- blond-hair-ear-piercings-motorbike-babe. And then he blushed a little, because he felt like he was thinking far too much of the other male. He had never liked someone that much. Was it even possible to feel so much.. like for someone?

Yunho refused to say he was in love because he didn't know what that felt like.

 

"Aren't you going home?" Jaejoong plopped down on the school bench besides him. Their thighs and shoulders were pressed together and Yunho breathed in sharply. Too close.

"Y-yeah, my parents should be here by now."

The blond nodded slowly. "I'll wait for you to leave then before I leave too."

Yunho blushed a little. He focused his gaze on a nearby tree. Why was it him that Jaejoong decided to talk to? Why him out of everyone to daze and mesmerize?

From the corner of his eyes, he saw the blond looking at him. And then Jaejoong spoke.

"Do I have to wait even longer or can I kiss you now?"

It was exactly when Yunho turned his head in shock that Jaejoong grabbed his chin and kissed him. Frozen, he sat there as the blond pulled him closer, tilted his head and gave him wonderful tingly feelings all the way down to his feet. When he pulled away however, most of what he felt was stun.

Jaejoong his lips and smiled. And as if that didn't just happen, he rested his head on Yunho's shoulder. Their blond and brunet heads were pressed together and Yunho closed his eyes, trying to regain his breath and all his scattered emotions.

 

"I don't know what it is about you. You're so shy and nervous, but so gentle and sweet," Jaejoong looked up at the ceiling on Tuesday morning as he spoke, squinting his eyes, "You're different."

The brunet stared at the blond, wondering what that meant.

"I like different. I like you."

Yunho closed his eyes as Jaejoong leaned in, kissing his lips softly again. The blond pulled away slightly, their noses brushing together as he whispered, "Do you like me too?"

Jaejoong was a human being Yunho thought couldn't even exist. He occupied Yunho's dreams when he was sleeping and occupied his thoughts when he was awake. Blond hair. Ear piercings. Motorbike. The most beautiful smile in the world and the most wonderful personality Yunho had ever come across in any human being. He was a mixture of wild and bubbly and sweet and daring and adorable and

"Yeah," He breathed, and Yunho felt Jaejoong smile when he kissed him again, this time a little deeper. Yunho didn't know how to kiss, but Jaejoong lead him with a hand on his cheek.

 

Yunho learned about Jaejoong's parents. He learned about Jaejoong's friends and pets and interests and subjects he particularly liked. He learned about what his favorite ice cream flavour was and what he liked to do in his free time. He learned that Jaejoong liked to paint and learned that he had a strange yet adorable love for ladybugs.

And Yunho let little things of himself out too. Quietly, shyly. Like what his favourite colour was or what season he liked least and little things like that, but Jaejoong nodded intently, eyes wide and fascinated at anything he had to say. Jaejoong gave him confidence that he never had in the first place, and he ended up talking about more personal things too, to which the blond held his hand at.

Along with learning about what Jaejoong's favorite movie character was, he learned what love meant every following day.

 

Love was Monday when Jaejoong held his hand in the hallways in front of everyone to see.

Love was Tuesday when Jaejoong hugged him from the back and kissed his forehead when he felt sick.

Love was Wednesday when Jaejoong rested his head on his shoulder and fell asleep.

Love was Thursday when Jaejoong took him on a motorbike ride and giggled madly at every squeak he made.

Love was Friday when Jaejoong kissed him against the whiteboard and told him that he meant the world.

Love was Saturday when Jaejoong sent him a sleepy photo of himself, with the words i wanna cuddle with you

Love was Sunday when Jaejoong Skyped with him because he demanded he missed Yunho too much even though they had only been a day apart.

 

Love was everything about Jaejoong.

And Yunho could happily accept the fact that blond hair, ear piercings, motorbike babe Kim Jaejoong was who he ended up falling in love with. Someone who kissed his insecurities and told him that he was special and glared at anyone who dared to tease or bully and took him places and hugged him when his favorite book character died and cupped his cheeks when he was about to cry and was always always always there for him and his nervousness, him and his shyness and him with his heart that felt the same affection.

Blond hair ear piercings motorbike babe Kim Jaejoong was Yunho’s love.

 

A/N: thank you so much for your comments on my previous oneshot! i really appreciate all of them ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ /cries with gratitude/ (you're all so nice omg ;;;;;)

this fic... you can either see it as yunjae or jaeho, whatever you please XDD (psst i see it as a mix)

thank you for reading! :-*********** <333333333