Final

see you in my dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan walks through the dark night, his breath curling grey in front of his eyes as his boots crunched over fallen leaves. 

He sighs, adjusting the plastic bag in his left hand, his right stuffed in his pocket to keep warm and protected from the upcoming winter.


Five more minutes of quiet walking he made his way to a small building to which he called home, and as he reached out to pull on the cold handle, he heard faint shuffling coming from the dark alleyway beside the small apartment.

“Hello?” he called out, and the ever so curious Alpha he was, marched straight into the cold darkness, letting his eyes adjust to his surrounding area, before letting out a surprised gasp. 

He crouched to the ground, squatting before a young man who seemed to be passed out


“Excuse me, are you okay?” he asked, worried even though it seemed redundant. He glanced around, shaking the man’s shoulders as he the latter let out a groan of pain.

The man peeled an eye open with much effort, “...alpha,” he whimpered quietly, holding a bloodied hand to his rounded belly where he revealed where the source of blood came from, before passing out once more.


His eyes widened, as did the wolf within did as well, standing at attention and fuming in anger. He couldn’t help but agree with his wolf.

Who would do this to an omega, to a pregnant omega?


As gently as he could, he lifted the man into his arms (momentarily forgetting about late night groceries), and shuffled the short distance to the doors of his apartment building. 

 


Entering his flat, he carefully placed the omega onto his bed and began evaluating the situation.


First, he had a bleeding omega in his home, on his bed.

Second, this omega was small and pregnant, and he didn’t seem to be claimed or marked.


Looking at the state of the omega was in, it was clear he had run away and had not been brought up in the kindest of packs. The omega in front of him was small and thin, as if he hadn’t been eating well, which probably was the case. The clothes he wore did not suit the weather one bit, if anything it looked too much like a hospital gown, and a pair of equally thin shorts underneath; perhaps he had come from the south.


Keeping his cool, Luhan began peeling the thin robe away from the thin body with a grimace. 

Looking at the wound, he blanched.


How on earth could anyone do this to such a fragile person? He asked himself, his wolf whining sadly from within his soul.

The omega whimpered.


Cautiously, he brought a hand up to his small man’s forehead, fever, he frowned to himself, before messily dressing the wound with a small towel, before reaching for his phone.


“Yixing? Yeah I’ve got an emergency, please come over quickly,” he pleaded.

 

 

“You said you just found him in an alleyway?” the man asked seriously, setting his task of examining the unconscious man on the bed. The latter nodded.

“He hasn’t woken up since I discovered him.” Luhan replied sadly, the omega’s hair.


Yixing is a qilin, a Chinese dragon or commonly translated into the majestic unicorn people know to this day. He is also Luhan’s most trusted friend, who happens to also be bonded to a fellow packmate named Jongdae, another omega.


Yixing hummed.

“Well, good news is, the wound is quite fresh, but superficial and did not hurt growing fetus within him. Bad news is, he is very malnourished, dehydrated and exhausted. Not good for him or the baby.” he explained, running his hands over the omega’s body to double check first any other injuries. 

Luhan let out a breath of relief.


“Thank goodness.” he sighed, “Thanks Xing, you're a literal life saver.”

“Don't mention it Lu, what are friends for?” the younger man chuckled. 


The two smiled each other, until a pained whine echoed throughout the room.


“I'll get going,” Yixing said, packing up his tools, “make sure he gets plenty of rest, clean his bandages, and make sure he eats and drinks lots of water when he wakes up. If anything else comes up call me.”

“Got it,” Luhan nodded, “Thanks again, say hi to Jongdae for me.”

Yixing waved, letting himself out with a quiet shuffle.


“What do I do now?” Luhan asked himself.

 

 

It isn't until two days later, when Luhan wakes up to a crash in the room next to his, and he realizes he still doesn't know the omega’s name.

The Alpha tumbles to the ground in his rush of urgency to get to the guest bedroom where the small man had been staying.


“Are you okay!?” he nearly screams as he flings the door open, “What happened!?” he frantically scans the room, when he notices the huddled figure near the wall, and the ugly lamp-- a gift from his mother --that had been on the nightstand in shattered pieces on the ground, before approaching the smaller male he calms himself down and let's out a burst of soothing pheromones to let the omega know he isn't going to hurt him or the baby.

Making sure the man relaxes before he slowly makes his way to the end of the bed.


Clearing his throat, he begins carefully, “Hello, my name is Luha--”

“The baby,” he whispers.


He’s cut off so abruptly he almost doesn't register what the omega had said.


“The baby?” he's tilting his head, “What about it? Is it okay? Are you okay?” he asks worriedly, confused because the other man hadn't really seemed to acknowledge the alpha.


The omega looks up with watery eyes, “He moved,” his eyes are filled with such relief and happiness, it makes Luhan and his wolf blink stupidly.


Seconds later the small omega has taken in his surroundings and suddenly looks scared again as he shrinks into himself, shaking.


“It's okay,” Luhan comes, releasing another wave of calming pheromones, “my name is Luhan, and you are currently in my home.” the omega still looks at him in fear, “I found you unconscious in the alleyway near here.” he hold his hand out to show he still isn't going to hurt him.

A beat of silence.


“Y-you’re an alpha?” he whispers, bringing his hands up to his rounded belly.


The question almost makes Luhan groan in exasperation, covering his face with his hands as he let out a sigh, the the omega seemed to have taken as him getting angry.


“I-I'm sorry Alpha!” he cried, throwing himself to the ground at the alphas feet. “I'm sorry, I couldn't tell!” he almost shrieked.

Luhan gasped.

“No no,” he almost whimpered himself, “shh, shh, it's okay, I'm not angry. Let's get a glass of water hm?” he kneeled on the ground next to the other man.

“What's your name?”

The omega finally uncurled from his ball, and gave Luhan a good look.

“Minseok… Kim Minseok.” he whispered, leaning onto the alpha cautiously.


“Nice to meet you Minseok.”

 

 

Turns out the omega-- Minseok, was quite ravenous.

Luhan watched in astonished awe, as Minseok practically shoveled food down his throat. Luhan worried he might choke, but every time he went near the pregnant male he would growl fiercely from his throat, and only hummed happily when the alpha placed down more food or a glass of water. 

“Good?” he asked, and chuckled when he got an affirmative mhm.

Luhan had never seen anyone so excited and enthusiastic about such a simple dish of low-maintenance fried rice. He and his wolf blossomed with pride.


“So… the baby?” Luhan asked from a distance, as the silence grew.

Minseok stopped momentarily to swallow the food in his cheeks, and took a big gulp of water, before nodding timidly.


“The.. the baby moved,” he murmured, hands twisting under the table. “I've never felt him move before…”

Luhan hummed, “Him?” 


“Actually I don't know, I-- I just feel like it's a him.”

Luhan grinned, “That's wonderful! Congratulations!” he exclaimed, clapping his hands excitedly as he took a seat in front of the male.

Minseok looked at him in confusion and uneasiness, as if he wasn't sure of or used to the sentiment before bowing his head in awkward thanks.


The two sat in silence, for a while before Luhan took a look at the clock on the wall, which read 9:00 a.m, and exclaimed under his breath, “Shoot, I have to go class in a little bit.” he glanced at the other wolf who had gone back to poking around at his plate. “I’ll be back in a few hours, I'm sure you'll be able to find your way around the house” he spoke kindly to the omega.

“I'd like for you to stay here,” the omega looked up at him in shock, “T-that is if you want to! But it would make me feel better if you finished the duration of your pregnancy in my care.” he looked into Minseok’s eyes earnestly.


Minseok still looked quite skeptic, but looked grateful and relieved.


“I-- thank you, alpha.” Minseok looked close to tears, “Thank you.” 

 

 


Luhan had been antsy and jittery all hour, and he had even gotten kicked out into the hall to walk it off, and when class ended he bolted out as soon the students were dismissed. 

But as he began his short marathon to his apartment, he slowed down to a walk in front of a grocery store to pick up some groceries, since now he'd be cooking for almost three people.

He combed through aisles looking for ingredients, and constantly being asked by and asking his wolf things like: ‘do you think Minseok would prefer whole milk or 2%?’ and his wolf would respond with either a scoff or an approving growl.

Despite his wolf being quite the tsundere, when he walked meat section of the store he growled, upset that Luhan would choose pork over beef as if he offended the canine, as well as picking the worst cuts (which Luhan thought weren't bad in his opinion).

After spending an hour making circles around the store, and arguing with his wolf he he finally left with three heavy plastic bags in one arm and a bag of take-out in his other, he finally dragged himself up the stairs to his apartment, and with much struggle, he unlocked his door and slowly opened it.

“Minseok?” he called out quietly, not wanting to startle the smaller male. His wolf pushed his way past Luhan with his nose high in the air, ignoring Luhan’s hey! Don't startle him! as he walked into the house leaving Luhan in the threshold.

He brought in the groceries, only to be tackled lightly, and then apologized at.


“Alpha Luhan! I'm sorry for running into you,” Minseok nearly stuttered, “I'm sorry, I haven't finished cl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter