Chapter Fourteen

Moonstruck
Please log in to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

 

“Are you going to play football with the boys?” Soojung asks when her boyfriend finally comes down in his black Adidas tracksuit. Confused, Jongin shook his head. He doesn’t remember telling her anything about playing football.

 

“No, silly. I promised to send you back home so you could change before we meet our parents, didn’t I?”

 

“What’s with the get-up then?”

 

“I just want to jog after sending you off.”

 

“You jog in that outfit?” She looks at him from head to toe. “Don’t you get… a bit stuffy after?”

 

With a cheeky little smile, Jongin leans on her closer and asks, “Would you rather see me in nothing at all?”

 

At first, Soojung smiles at him, trying to play along but quickly pokes his stomach. “Stop playing around. I just don’t want you to faint or something. It’s very hot outside you know.”

 

“Aw, don’t worry my love. I do this every day and I do remove my shirt when it gets hot.” Soojung just shakes her head as he throws her a wink before leading her outside where the lift was.

 

Once inside, Jongin casually lets go of their hands together so he could wrap his arm around her waist. Still not used to the fact of how touchy he is, Soojung lets out a squeal which later becomes into a fits of giggles as he started kissing her right cheek, even biting her ear.

 

“You little , there’s a CCTV camera over there!”

 

“Don’t care.” The boy replies mischievously, tightening his grip on her waist despite her elbowing him. “Can I be selfish for once and ask you for something?”

 

This time, he actually lets her go so she could face him properly. “That’s what you said earlier today.”

 

 “It’s just, you know… You’re leaving soon.” Soojung chuckles. “And I know you’re coming back as soon as you graduate, but I just want to spend your remaining days with you.”

 

Jongin puts up this stupid puppy eyes that he always does when he wants something from her, something which is very effecting to her heart.

 

“I’ve already agreed on babysitting my niece tomorrow though.”

 

“Then I’ll babysit with you.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Really.”

 

Knowing that he wasn’t very fond of children, Soojung had thought he would refuse to do so but was surprised when he was actually down with it. It really shows that he really wanted to be with her. Touched, she tiptoes so she could reach his lips but before they could kiss, the doors of the lift opens, revealing the young couple to a family who Jongin recognizes as his neighbours from a level below his. Embarrassed, he grabs Soojung’s hand and runs away.

 

 

To say that she was surprised to see her daughter with Jongin was an understatement for Mrs. Jung. When she received a message from Soojung practically begging to have late lunch with her in this Mediterrean restaurant in uptown Seoul, she had thought she was feeling a bit nervous about her upcoming graduation, perhaps a bit down even, hence why she sent the message. And yet, she catches her getting really, really close with the boy to add up her confusion.

 

“Oh, mom!” Soojung immediately pushes Jongin away upon seeing her mom, acting normal as if the redness in her and his cheeks weren’t obvious. “It’s so nice that you decided to come!”

 

Again, she thought of her daughter’s message but decided not to bring it up. “Hello, Jongin.”

 

“Mrs. Jung, how are you?” Jongin grinned as she took the older woman’s hand to shake it. Before she could answer, Soojung immediately changes the topic, asking her mother if she wanted any aperitif.

 

While they enjoy their Greek Salad Kabobs, Soojung and Jongin talk about their approaching graduations and their plans after that to Mrs. Jung when their second guest, Mrs. Kim, finally arrives. Just like Mrs. Jung, she was not expecting to see Jongin and Soojung looking very happy together, but it’s not like she didn’t like the scene unfolding in front of her. Greeting her long time friend, Mrs. Jung and Mrs. Kim exchanged kisses on the cheeks and looks, and despite not saying a word, they had the same thoughts in their minds.

 

“So, uhm… We’ve been like,” Jongin glances at Soojung to ask for help. “Thinking about stuff...”

 

Their mothers had no reaction, waiting for them to continue.

 

Soojung was expecting Jongin to continue but to no avail. Suddenly the boy seemed like he forgot to speak due to his nervousness so she might as well drop the bomb herself, “We’re dating.”

 

As they expected, they had different reactions, with Mrs. Jung being so chill while Mrs. Kim gasps dramatically, “This is the proudest I’ve been of you son!”

 

“Uhm, thanks mom?” He mumbles.

 

“I can’t believe Soojung actually likes you!” Mrs. Kim exclaims, wiping the tear on her eye. Soojung was not sure if she was actually crying. “Wait, you didn’t force Soojungie to date you, did you?!”

 

“What the hell mom? Of course not!”

 

“I thought you were already dating.” Soojung’s mom calmly says, in which her daughter replies, “I thought so as well.”

 

 

Just like Jongin had wished for, he was with Soojung all the time. In fact, the only time that Soojung and Jongin were separated was when they were preparing themselves for the get together their group of friends were having. They say it was the last for a while as the youngest were finally graduating, which meant they’re all going to be busy after. The signs of the future are slowly showing, as that occasion was actually the first time they see each other as a complete group in a long time.

 

Because of this, the newest couple in town thought this was the perfect opportunity to announce that they’re dating.

 

Yes, they’re still keeping it as a secret.

 

Jongin was preparing with Sehun, who had his hair curled by his girlfriend. Though he protested that he didn’t want to, she insisted that he looked good. Still, Seulgi’s compliments are not enough for Sehun who kept on sulking which later led to them fighting. Why he chose to be there, Jongin did not know. But at least they weren’t asking about Soojung.

 

While her boyfriend spent his time at Sehun’s flat, Soojung was in Luhan's residence, having her makeup done by her cousin Yoona who was more than happy to do it. It was also quite beneficial for Soojung to be there as she could have a free ride from Luhan, whose hotel is the venue for the event.

 

“So we were thinking of a name that could pass as a Korean name and a Chinese name.” Luhan replies when Soojung had asked if they’re already thought about a name to their unborn child even though Yoona was months due. “Because my parents would surely not be glad if their grandchild’s name wasn’t Chinese and I think it’s unfair if it wasn’t Korean.”

 

“Or you could just give your child an English name! That way it’s a win-win situation for everybody.” Soojung jokes.

 

“Yeah, I don’t think Yoona’s going to like that.” Luhan shakes his head at the thought, making her laugh.

 

As Soojung continued to get excited about her cousin’s future child as if it was her own, Luhan lead the way to the private dining room that their friends had reserved for the special occasion. Having known the hotel’s layout by heart, there was nothing that could distract Luhan even if he was joking with her as well.

 

Eyes were on the red and golden doors when it opened, revealing both Soojung and Luhan, who were immediately served Sauvignon Blanc by the waitresses as soon as they entered the room. To be honest, Soojung has never been to that room before, but she was impressed to say the least.

 

Before arriving at the dining room, Luhan has told her that it was the same room foreign politicians like Trudeau and Merkel would ask whenever they visit Seoul for their meetings so it was no surprise that the exquisite room boast a huge space big enough for the group. On the middle of the room was this oval mahogany table decorated with flowers and candles completed with beautifully folded napkins and perfectly polished cutlery and goblets. On the golden walls were paintings of random white men in military uniform that Soojung had suddenly felt like she was in Versailles for a moment.

 

Of course, Soojung goes straight to Jinri, ignoring most of the boys much especially her boyfriend, who subtly checked her out. How could he not? She looked too good in that Balenciaga dress of hers. God, how he wishes time could hurry up so they could surprise their friends and he could finally shower her in kisses.

 

“Jeez, I thought I wouldn’t see you here since you kept ignoring my calls.” Jinri whines while Soojung just acted cute in front of her. “Where were you anyways? I didn’t even receive any message from you yesterday.”

 

“I know we promised to go to Gangnam but something came out. My brother… He needed help with something so I just had to go to his place.” JShe lies. Jinri didn’t look convinced at all and she wouldn’t blame her. That was such a lame excuse. So before Jinri opens to say something, Soojung interferes, “I hope that you had a quality time with Chanyeol at least.”

 

And just like that, the subject was changed. As if she has forgotten about her getting a little mad for forgetting their plans, Jinri glances over Chanyeol at the other side of the room which causes Soojung to do the same. “We actually did. After realizing that you’re not coming, I invited him so we just hang out just like the good old days.” Chanyeol, realizing that he’s being stared at, turns to see the girls looking at him. He offers them a big smile and an awkward wave. “He even wrote a song for the baby.”

 

“Aww. That’s something I’d like to hear.” Soojung smiles. She was truly happy to hear that.

 

Noticing Jongin staring so intently at the girl beside her and thinking that they haven't done anything to further develop their relationship, Jinri excuses herself from her bestfriend. Then comes Kim Jongin to where Soojung was with a smug grin on his face.

 

“Hey there, beautiful. You come here often?”

 

“Not anymore that you’re here.”

 

“Oh, I see somebody’s feeling feisty today. Can I not greet you?”

 

“Not like this.”

 

“Can I at least kiss my girlfriend?”

 

“Absolutely not. Can you go away? They’ll start noticing.”

 

Jongin looks around the room. Their group of friends were divided into smaller groups, all of which were busy in their own conversations. “They’re too busy to notice.”

 

Just when he said that, Sehun passes by them, shouting, “Go get a room!”

 

“Sehun’s always like that.” He tries to make an excuse, but the girl just shakes her head. “You know, I’m already tired of this, and I just want to kiss you. I’m going to tell them now.”

 

“What? Jongin, don’t you dare-”

 

Knowing that Jongin was capable of what he just threatened to do, Soojung tries to cover his mouth with her hand, but he had the advantage of having longer legs so it didn’t really end up well for her no matter how she tried. Before announcing what he had to say, Jongin dramatically clears his throat, commanding everyone to listen to him. He also threatens to throw his shoe to any of them who doesn’t listen to him. While all of this was happening, Soojung could only sigh, knowing that she couldn’t do anything else but watch.

 

“We’ve been friends since forever and as you all know, I’m a complete jerk. I’m a loser. I’m a coward. I admit it all.”

 

“Why is he saying these dramatic things?” Kris asks silently to no one in particular.

 

“Is he doing t

Please log in to read the full chapter