Chapter Eleven

Moonstruck
Please log in to read the full chapter

CHAPTER ELEVEN

As if their day couldn’t just start even weirder, Chanyeol finds himself starring at the 7,000 won cup noodles in front of him that Jongin has given him. What was weirder to him is Jongin is actually okay with it. When he glanced at him, he was already slurping the soup from the cup and was even making slurping sound. If he ate like that during their lunches with his family back in the days, he would have gotten smacked by his mother.

 

Another weird thing is Jinri being okay with all that as well. He’s Choi ing Jinri. The girl wouldn’t even buy coffee if it’s not from Starbucks back when they were dating, but now she’s down to have cup noodles as breakfast.

 

It was unthought-of.

 

Hearing Kim Jongin’s and Choi Jinri’s name with the word cheap cup noodles in one sentence was unthought-of.

 

“What has gotten into the world…?” Chanyeol mumbles to himself as he watched how Jongin chewed his noodles when he can’t even do anything with his but poke it.

 

Maybe they both just wanted to impress Soojung, but Soojung doesn’t even realize what’s happening to her right now. The alcohol in her has yet to go down and ever since they were released 2 hours ago from jail, she has been leaning to anything she could find to sleep. Since they know that they don’t have food back in the villa, they decided to eat breakfast first before heading back. What Chanyeol didn’t decide though was to eat on 7/11, but apart from it’s the only store open at that time of the day, Jongin and Jinri won over him. If Sehun’s sleeping drunk was conscious, he not only would be sleeping right next to him, but they’d probably not be there.

 

Soojung was also sleeping. Her face on the table, she did not care about Jinri who was trying to tie her hair.

 

“You’re such a mom.” Chanyeol comments, staring at the scene right in front of him. He must have forgotten about the noodles in front of him.

 

“What’s that supposed to mean?” She asks, a little confused. She was too concentrated with tying Soojung’s hair and making it perfect to take a glance at him.

 

“I mean, you’re the mom of the group.”

 

“I beg to differ. That’s Junmyeon oppa’s role in our clique.”

 

Agreeing to what she just said, both Jongin and Chanyeol nods a little what she said until she suddenly slams her comb to the table. It turns out that she’s tired of trying and tying to fix her best friend’s hair so it wouldn’t get into the soup. Ultimately, she decided to put her hair in a really messy bun before waking her up to wake her up.

 

“I don’t… wanna…” Soojung grumbles as Jongin expected. But Jinri insisted. She knew that once they get back in the villa, she’ll get hungry when they don’t have food. She successfully makes her sit up, but Soojung has started crying in frustration.

 

“Wake Sehun up too.” Jinri gestures the boys to help out their other drunk friend. They weren’t really good at it.

 

“Yo, if you don’t wake up, the aliens are going to take you.”

 

“What aliens?” He opens an eye curiously.

 

“Aliens who take people who don’t eat noodles.”

 

“What…?” Sehun finally sat up, though it’s mainly because he’s confused and because of his headache. When he sees a bottle of water on the table, he immediately grabs and drinks it without even asking if it was his. He then spins the bottle in boredom until it stops at Soojung’s direction. “Hey Soojung…”

 

As she’s already captivated by her noodles, Soojung doesn’t look at him. “Mmhh?”

 

“Truth or dare.”

 

“Not this again.” Jongin groans.

 

“Eh? Dare, I guess.”

 

“Tell me a secret of yours.”

 

“Oh, I love secrets!” The girl squeals in excitement, finally looking at his direction. Her tiredness seemed to have faded away suddenly.

 

“Tell me one.”

 

“She hates you. That’s her secret.” Jongin tried to interfere, but Soojung was already talking about something.

 

“I do have one! Oh my gosh, Jinri knows it too!” She exclaims, putting down her fork. As soon as she said that, the boys all looked at Jinri, who seemed worried about whatever she’s going to say. “So basically, it was Jongin’s birthday, right? I went to Seoul for the party- Oh wait, no! Let me tell you from the start-”

 

“, Soojung no!” Jinri immediately stood up so she could cover to the point that she almost spilled her cup noodles. Confused, Soojung managed to ask her why even when she had Jinri’s hand covering but Jinri just hushes her.

 

“What? She’s telling something. Let her finish.” Jongin, who hated the idea of them playing truth or dare, was suddenly into it.

 

“Uhh, I think Soojung and I need to have a girl talk. Or at least be away from you guys until she’s sober…” Jinri laughs awkwardly before dragging Soojung back inside the van.

 

Jongin and Chanyeol exchanged looks in curiousity, while Sehun continued spinning his bottle until he suggests what they could do next, “We should have a boy talk too!”

 

 

“I’m very sorry, you guys.” Soojung utters to the group at the van.

 

The time is 8:24PM, exactly 16 hours after they arrived in the villa to sleep, and 5 hours after they woke up. They had originally plan to leave Busan at noon so they could go back to Seoul early and have the time to party by night, but due to the fact that they got into some unplanned shenanigans last night, they were very tired when they got back to the villa and overslept.

 

Soojung was sitting in between Jinri and Sehun, while Chanyeol drives the van with Jongin on the driver’s seat. Because of her sudden apology, Sehun turns to her in surprise.

 

“Are you mad at me?” She asks me.

 

“Absolutely not! Why would I, silly?” He chuckles in disbelief.

 

“Because I ruined your plans. We were supposed to go clubbing.”

 

“Soojung, you didn’t ruin my plans. I mean, I drank as well and everyone was tired. It’s not your fault.” Sehun assures her. He was about to pat her head, but after seeing Jongin looking at him by the rear-view mirror. Instead of doing so, he gives the girl a friendly hug with a smirk dedicated to Jongin. “Don’t worry, you big baby.”

 

“I think you’re the one who should worry, Sehun.” Chanyeol utters, smiling a little as he glanced at a Jongin who was glaring at the sight of what he is seeing.

 

“My hair, Sehun!” The girl whines after getting her hair stuck as he tightened the hug. When he realeases her, she throws him a playful punch.

 

“Did you have fun?” He asks her, and truthfully she did.

 

“I did.”

 

“Good. Because we’re going to continue tomorrow tonight.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“We’re going clubbing.”

 

“Wait, what?” All of his friends ask at the same time in shock. They have thought that it was the end of their trip, but they thought wrong. Of course Oh Sehun wouldn’t just let them go like that.

 

 

Soojung felt someone squirming right next to her, stealing her blanket and moving the pillow. Though annoyed, she tried to ignore whoever it was as she didn’t want to get up nor move in her bed. She was too sleepy to care, until she didn’t.

 

“Jongin, can you not-”

 

She opens an eye and sees her niece.

 

“You’re always with your prince charming!” The little girl frowns. “You never play with me anymore!”

 

Feeling guilty, Soojung laughs nervously and tries to change the subject, but Doyeon refuses to, asking her aunt where she has been for the past days and what she has done without her. Of course, Soojung had to answer honestly because no matter how much she denies it, her niece won’t stop asking her about what happened, or whether she was with Jongin.

 

To make it up to her, Soojung asks her, “How about… we play the whole day?” As soon as she said that, Doyeon’s eyes light up excitedly. She is also as delighted as it has been a long time since she last hangs out with her niece, until she remembers about that plan to go clubbing her friends wanted to do that evening.

 

 

“Sorry I’m late.” After hearing a certain voice, Jongin finally turns his eyes away from his phone. He may be the one who had wished to go clubbing when Sehun had asked, but he had to entertain himself by scrolling on his instagram. That was what he had been doing when a certain someone finally came.

 

There she was, just across the table was Jung Soojung, looking as gorgeous as always. In her black velvet dress with matching diamond chocker, which he later realizes was the one he had given to her on Christmas, Jongin watched her quietly as she brushed and run her fingers through her hair. It seems like he had his tongue off, too speechless to speak, not even joining the fun when their friends had started to after finding out from Sooyeon that she was ‘playing dress up’ with her niece, causing her to be late.

 

“Ah, my sister. She’s so funny sometimes.” Soojung laughs it off to deny what her sister has said, though it was entirely true. “Anyways, drinks anyone?”

 

“Aye, not so fast tiger.” Sehun stops her before she could even actually grab a wine glass from their table. “You came late so you have to wait until-”

 

“Please don’t say a stupid speech.” Chanyeol begs, and the rest of the group agrees by just nodding their heads.

 

“Sheez, my speeches aren’t that bad…” Sehun sulks. Still, he reaches for his drink while his friends do the same to take a shot almost at the same time. “Just to remind you guys, we’re graduating next week, which mea

Please log in to read the full chapter