Nine

One Last Dance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
I know many people were not happy with the outcome of the last chapter but I don't want this to be a subject that I have to sugar coat. Cancer is cruel, cancer is heartless, it takes those that we love most, it doesn't care who it takes or who it affects. So I am sorry if the outcome has saddened you but this is how I am writing the story, I don't want to sugar coat something that has affected so many people in the worst possible ways. Thank you for reading, I love you guys.


______________

 

“What is the point?” Seungri said simply, looking down at his lap with a quivering look. Seungri had been so excited when he woke up, with no drugs in his system, he had bounced up and down, thinking he was cancer free. The doctor had come in minutes later and had broken the news, JiYong had broken down and bashed his fist against the wall. At first, Seungri didn't understand what the doctor was saying, and then he understood and his face just crumpled.

 

“I want to be alone” he then said and everyone filed out of the room slowly. His mum gave his hand one last squeeze before leaving him with the doctor. JiYong couldn't tear his eyes away from his lover and he walked out of the room. Seungri didn't let anyone see him until the next morning and JiYong waited in the hall outside until the doctor allowed him in again.

 

Seungri was staring out of the window, he didn't look around when the door opened. “Baby” JiYong said quietly and Seungri turned his head slowly, he had dark circles under his eyes and his mouth was in a deep set frown. “Hey Seungri” JiYong said softly, he sat down on the bed and tried to get a smile out of the younger. “It's not fair” he finally said and Seungri just smiled weakly.

 

“The doctor said I have about eight months” Seungri finally said and JiYong raised his eyebrows.

 

“But you can do radio therapy, or chemo?” Seungri just shook his head before sliding his fingers through JiYong's.

 

“I'm tired” Seungri sighed deeply “do you know how much chemo damages my body? Do you know how exhausted I get? And what is it all for?” Seungri breathed shakily “it just gets worse, so I've decided to stop getting the therapy” JiYong wiped under his eyes and took a shaky breath in. “At least I'm dying on my own terms, JiYong. It's my choice” he said in a choked voice and JiYong stood up from the bed.

 

“You can't just” he paced across the room. “You can't just give up” he cried and Seungri sat up and reached for him. JiYong fell into the other man's arms and let himself fall apart in the warm embrace.

 

“It'll be okay, JiYong, I still have a few months.” JiYon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter