The anticipation

The sun became the moon

     The first thing that came into my mind when i woke up was yesterday's memory, that chuckle. It didnt irritate me as it did yesterday. I was free the whole daytoday.

     I got out of bed, freashened up and went to make my cup of coffee. My fingers looked ok to me. It was very early for my family members to wake up except for my grandfather who wakes up early everymorning to take a walk in the nearby park. Out of habit I took my cup and went upstairs to the terrace. The wind was cold today as well.

   But today i felt strange. For some reason my terrace didnt feel like my haven today. I tried my best to ignore the other terrace, knowing there was noone there, but still it felt like i was being watched. I stood still for few moments with my back to the other terrace thinking "why am i being affected by someone chuckling?""I was never like that, others never mattered to me".I realised I havent even took a single sip from my coffee. I took a sip and "eewwkhh!"  it was cold , confused i looked at my cup and then at the sky "how long was standing like this?"  and then i heard the same chuckle, a shiver ran through me. "since when has he been standing there?"I turned around a second later to look at him but again he had his back towards me and was looking up. Irritated, for a reason which i didnt know myself, i started towards the stairs when suddenly realised what he was looking at at, it was the sun.

   It was cloudy today just like yesterday and just like yesterday the sun was wearing the moon's skin. This time he turned around, looked me in the eye, like IN THE EYE! and smiled unlike the stare the smile was warm, very warm not uncomfortable warm but warm. It would have been very normal if i would've smiled back like a normal neighbor would do when another neighbor smiles normally at you as in a goodmorning greeting or something, but in my defence neither i was a normal neighbor nor that was a normal smile. So like a statue i stood there staring at him without any reaction even after seconds of his "greeting" . His smile faded but he was still looking at me. Then i started to slowly notice his whole face. He had a VERY prominent jawline, long pointy nose, unkempt hair, little ears, and then i looked his at his hooded eyes. After a second i realised we both were staring at each other, i shook my head out of habit to shake myself out of this trance, which i shouldnt have done because then again i heard that cold chuckle. I looked at him and he wasnt even trying to hide himself chuckling i walked towards the end of my terrace, nearer to him. Wanting to ask him the simple reason for which he was laughing, because it irritated me. dont know why but it did.

 

"Something funny?" i was happy that neither did it sound too friendly nor too rude. I waited for him to answer while trying very hard not to look him in the eye seconds passed, i looked up raised a single eyebrow and THEN looked him in the eye. Which i shoudnt have done because he was already looking at me ,looking straight in my eyes and smiling , yes the warm smile. Suddenly that song 'hot n cold' by katy perry started playing in my head and UNFORTUNATELY i laughed.

I was laughing and he was just simply staring and smiling at me.

"Something fuuny?" he asked . His voice was heavy. I didnt expect that from him, but suited him. Like some dress whichdoesnt look good on the rack but when you put it on it actually looks good.

"I asked first." i replied.

"Three things"

"what?" which was actually 'what three things?' and 'what do you mean?' but I let him decide the interpretation.

"will tell you later.... a story." as soon as he said that he turned around and walked away while i just stood there staring at his back my jaw dangling somewhere near the floor.

LATER!! "what is later?""when is later?""story""three things""what story?"what three things?"

And ofcourse he was broad shouldered and tall.

I have never given someone this much thought,except for my family.

It took a wave of cold air to make me realise that i was standing there for a long time and i probably should go downstairs.

I went downstairs, made myself another hot cup of coffee and went in my room to have "bullet train of thought" to run over me. I couldnt wait. 

Yes thats one thing about me I cant wait. I hate surprises , I hate the anticipation. I needed to distract myself. i picked my phone plugged in my earphones and played my favourite playlist on the full blast.