The first walk

The sun became the moon

                  Being addicted to coffee these days I went to the kitchen and made myself a cup, I took the slightly chipped cup and poured my warm brown-black elixir. Holding my cup in both hands to keep them warm I started climbing the stairs to the terrace. Terrace is my favourite part of the house not even my own room can give me that calming feeling I get when I stand alone looking at the sky.

 

                  It had rained in the morning and the afternoon was looking like as if dusk was upon me ,but as I looked up at the sky I saw the.... moon? I knew I can see the moon during the day but its never as big as the sun ,that's when I realised it was the sun and due to the clouds it wasn't so bright and looked like the moon. I smiled to myself turned to the other side of the terrace. As I took a sip from my coffee I noticed there was someone standing on the terrace of the house adjacent to me. I knew someone of same age as me lives there but he was a stranger so I never gave him much thought. Maybe it was the cold breez or the continuous stare of my stranger-neighbor because of which a shiver ran through me. As I turned a little to face him, look him in the eye and find the reason for giving me chills I spilled the hot coffee, "Ssss" came out of my mouth ,I looked at my burnt fingers then I heard someone chuckling I looked up and only saw his back, he was leaving. I don't know why but it bothered me more than it should have.

                I went into my room after washing my hand and started applying the ointment. "I have never seen his face" "This was the first time I heard his voice" "Well, technically it wasn't his voice" I started to think about him. Which was so not me but still I did.

               And that was the day sun became the moon and a stranger became someone very close.