Chapter. 3

Why?

[JAY'S POV]

"C'mon Jay~ Get up! We gotta do it again," Jihoon said.

I slowly got up onto my feet, shaking. We all moved to our starting positions and i went to restart the music. Just then, my phone went off; a text from someone. I left the computer and went over to check who it was.

It was Kyla: 'we're getting lunch downstairs right now, if you guys wanna come ^u^'

I smiled, and the boys went crazy.

"OOO!! JAY'S GOING RED. IT'S KYLA HAHAHAHAHAHAH JAY'S A TOMATO. PHAHAHAHA"

I gave them a dirty glance and asked them if they wanted to grab food from the canteen downstairs. We agreed to get a quick bite before carrying on with our dancing.

I grabbed my phone, headphones and leather jacket. Everyone else was putting their shoes on (we take off our shoes sometimes because it's harder. then when we do the actual stage, it'll seem easier). 

"Let's go~" Raesung hooted.

Squishing into the elevator, we went downstairs. When we arrived, the girls were waiting for us with their food. After quickly buying ours, we crammed ourselves onto one table.

"This isn't good," Kyla said, laughing. "I can't move my arms to eat because Hyunseung's there. MOVEEEE YOU'RE IN MY WAY." they joked.

I couldn't help but feel a little jealous. In truth, i've liked Kyla since she started training. But she gets along with the other guys better, and they treat her better too; buying her random stuff, helping her with stuff, and just generally getting along really well. Especially Hyunseung. 

He's literally the korean version of Prince Charming. A lot of other female trainees have some sort of feelings for him. Even if it's just that they want to get to know him better. He's got everything: good looks, good at dancing, amazing voice, good at rapping, rich. i'm kidding about the last part.. but it's hard not to envy him.

While i quietly ate squished in between two boys, Kyla and Hyunseung joked around and play-fought over soy sauce for their sushi.

"Hahah Ky, you've got sushi rice stuck on your hair," Hyunseung laughed and teased.

"What? Where? Get it off~" she squealed.

I looked down at my food and tried to block them from my sight. But i could still hear them...

"Here... I'll..." He started, and reached out to do it with his fingers. Their eyes met and he turned a little pink. 

That's it. I can't do this anymore. I shoved the guys off and put away my half-eaten food. The stairs rattled as i climbed up them into the trainee music studio.

I slumped into the black leather sofa and started playing music on my headphones. Just as i was managing to block everything else out, someone took them off me.

It was Kyla.

"You should be aware of your surroundings," she smiled and put on the headphones.

As she nodded along to the music, i stared at her. Those brown eyes were so beautiful. They glistened whenever the light shone on them, and even without makeup, she looked gorgeous. 

She laughed and passed the headphones back to me.

"Nice song choice," she approved. "Seungie's looking for you~ the guys are going back."

"Oh so you're on nickname basis with him?" i teased and laughed.

She rolled her eyes and pulled me off the sofa, grabbing onto my hands to steady herself.

She looked up at me and smiled, then turned over to go back downstairs. Just as i was getting happy about having her attention, i saw Hyunseung giving her a piggy-back at the bottom of the stairs. Her arms were wrapped tight around his neck and legs wrapped tightly around his waist. Hanna was in front them, taking a picture while laughing. Kyla and Hyunseung posed, but struggled, as they tried not to fall over.

Aaaaaand the jealousy comes back again...