Chapter. 1

Why?

[KYLA'S POV]

"Arghh! i can't do this anymore. i'm quitting," i slumped down into the bench. 

The others were all panting, sweat dripping down, arms and legs aching after all that practicing. Everyone sighed.

"Kyla, you know that's a lie," Yeonha said. "We told you training here would be harder than anything else."

I remembered my first day here; three and a half years ago. I'd entered the room, greeted by four curious eyes looking in my direction. That day, Yeonha had asked me in all seriousness: 

"Are you sure you can really do this?"

I'd nodded vigorously. The first day seemed so fun and interesting, the first year was fun and interesting. But as I watched other girls debut, it became more painful to just stand there, unable to do anything. The rest of the three years were just adding more and more stress onto my already-stressed-out head.

It became harder to believe that i was actually going to become a singer. Before i came here, i actually thought i had potential. i was sure that i could debut with a click of my fingers. But obviously not.

As i thought of how much i was actually hurting, tears dripped down.

"Hey... You okay?" Yeonha sat down beside me. The rest of them dropped down to the floor, keeping their eyes on me.

"It's just hard, you know? Well, obviously you'd know... But it feels like... I can't do it. It's so frustrating," you spilled.

"You think it's hard for you?" Yeonha sighed and let out a tired laugh. "I've been here six years. Six freakin' years. And i haven't even tasted a tease of me being able to debut."

Yeonha first came here in May 2011, when she was twelve years old. It's 2017 and she still thinks she has no hope of success. I've caught her crying, depressed, in the dorm before. She cries when we get home, she cries when she talks to her family, she cries after every monthly evaluation, she cries all the time.

I mean, i obviously feel bad for her, but i can't help thinking; if Yeonha has to train for more than six years to debut, how long do i?! I swear, no lie, i'm so far off her level. She can literally do everything: dance, sing, rap. EVERYTHING. Sometimes i think that we're dragging her down. For example the other girls, Hanna, Mina, Suzy, have been here for four years. Longer than me, but two years less than Yeonha. I've only been here for three and a half years. 

"If you think you can't debut, you're ridiculous. Kyla... Think about this logically. You have so much more than me. So much more than the rest of us. You can dance, rap, sing, compose, choreograph, your personality's amazing, and you're young!" Yeonha said. She looked like she was about to cry.

"Yeonha, if anyone debuts here, it should be you." I said. The others nodded in agreement. 

Just then, our manager came through the door. He reminded us that our monthly evaluation was tomorrow, and left.

We all sighed. Damn. This shouldn't be so depressing. Yeonha dropped her head onto her hands, the others all lay down on the floor and i slumped back even further into the chair.

"Am i in charge of outfits again?" i asked carefully. I didn't want to make it sound like i actually wanted to do it.

Yeonha turned her head sideways to face me. She smiled slyly and nodded. My face drooped. Why. Why. Why. Again. Fine whatever. It's cool. You have an excuse to go out.

You stood up, grabbed your bag, put on your bomber jacket, slipped your nikes on and headed out the room. You waved a big wave and they all waved back, smiling.

The elevator dinged and you stepped inside. It suddenly stopped on 'Basement Level -1'. That's the floor for official artists; it's the floor with all the recording rooms, album designing offices, and all staff members' offices were there too. The door opened and Silver stepped in.

No. Friggin'. Way.

Silver Kim is the most famous female rapper in all of Korea!! And the richest too! The main reason i joined this company was because she was my role model. Secretly, you hoped that during your trainee days, you'd have some kind of encounter with her. Finally!!!

Her big heels clanked its way into the elevator. She smiled and pressed her floor button.

"You holdin' up alright?" She asked. "Not too hard? I know i struggled when i was young."

This. Cannot. Be. Legit.
But it is. AH!

"Uhh... y-yeah," i stammered. "Actually no. umm.. it's hard. i kinda want to quit," you said sheepishly. It sounded pathetic when you said it out loud in front of someone.

"Don't worry kid, you'll do great. You getting all the way here is because God wants you to be here. He wants you to do this. Just keep going! If you can't do it for yourself, do it for me." She winked.

SHE WINKED AT ME. I blushed so bad and she walked onto her floor. The door closed and your face broke into an explosion of smiles.

The elevator dinged. Time to buy clothes!