Chapter 01

Broken Clock

I was sitting beneath the thick shadow of the tree, watching the people around me, watching the kids play in the sand or run around and chase a ball. They were happy, careless… They were happy, because they didn’t care about a thing. I envied them. Suddenly a young boy approached me and smiled goofily.

“Noona, what are you reading.” I looked at the book in my hands. It was Shakespeare’s “Romeo and Juliet”. Why did I even read it – because I find it stupid and amusing.

“Something a kid like you can’t understand.” I smiled at the boy, who looked like he was deep in thought.

“Then noona is smart!” He said finally and placed a huge smile on his face, he then handed me a flower. It was simple little violet. “Daddy says that pretty and smart girls are rare and I should give them presents if I see them.”

“Did he say that?” I said while chuckling. “Well aren’t you charming?” the little boy blushed and stared at the ground. “Come here.” I pulled his arm and placed a kiss on his cheek. “You better become a good and worthy man.” Then I stood, leaving the book behind me – I could always buy another one if I ever want to read that romantic crap again, and walked away.

I heard the boys scream after me that I left the book, but I only smiled at him and continued walking, carrying the little violet with me.

 

-----

 

 I entered the old, tall and luxurious building. I haven’t been here in 15 years and it did change a bit from what I remembered.I was walking towards the elevator, when some huge guy stopped me.

“Excuse me, Miss, can I ask where you are going?” Oh yea, the housekeeper said something about this famous boy band living here and now having a strong security on the building… And when I bought the place it was so quiet and empty…

“I live here.” I said and showed the guard the key-card to my apartment. He looked me questioning as if I were lying. “Mister, I haven’t been here in years, there’s no way for you to know me. I live here; my housekeeper said that she mentioned me coming home to you or someone like you. Will you let me pass now?”

“I’m sorry I have orders to not let anyone who was not in the list enter.” The massive dork straightens his back while saying this and looked somewhere being me.

“What list?!” I was getting impatient and that was so not good.

“With the people living here. I’m sorry but that apartment was stated unoccupied.” What the? I was about to blow up and tear this guy, ‘coz I really needed some sleep after the long flight, he was so in trouble!

“Listen, you…” I decided to try for a last time to convince him to let me enter, but then someone pat my shoulder. I turned around to see the old receptionist that was here 15 years ago too, back then he was younger though. Good, he knew – he could help.

“There should’ve been some misunderstanding. This miss really lives here. You can let her pass.” I sighed when the guard moved aside and let me pass. I turned and smiled a “thank you” to the old looking guy and then I walked to the elevator, putting my iPod on play and grabbing a book from my bag.

The doors were just closing when someone grabbed them and they opened again to let two young boys with funky looking hairstyles enter. It didn’t took me long to know those two were the idols I was being neighbor to.

I looked at my book again and read the lines for a millionth time. I hated this book, why do I continue reading it?

Hey, have you seen her before?” they finally spoke. I don’t really like playing my music loud – it hurt my ears.

No. But Fred won’t just let anyone here.” So the dork down there was named Fred? I bet he was coming from the stone era.

”Ask her who she is.”

“You’re interested in her, ask yourself.” The boy with the darker hair responded angrily and mighty. Note to myself – don’t argue with him it will bring headache… Not that I will talk with them. Just in case.

I let out a deep sigh. Here’s the part with the stupid plan. Do your job yourself, Romeo. It’s always best to do your job alone.

“HEY!” loud enough to hear even with normal hearing. I looked up at the guy, who said he won’t get involved. He had purple forelocks and super strange shape of the hair. I raised my eyebrow waiting for him to continue, but he pointed his ears…. Oh yea – my earphones. I took them off and still waited. “Who are you?” frank guy he was.

“You don’t need to know.” I won’t stay long, or communicate with them. What was the point?

“Aren’t we cocky?” what did I note to myself earlier?

“Irene.” Though originally it was Eirene… I was given an odd name for this century.

“Nice name.” the other boy spoke and I finally looked at him in detail. He was… kind of shorter than the other one and I was a little shorter than him. He had that strange gradient hair from auburn to blond, and his smile was awfully familiar to me. I only smiled and felt relief that I reached the floor that my apartment was on. I stepped out, being followed by the two curious by now guys. I walked to one of the two doors in the hallway and took my key out to open.

“You live here?!” the mighty looking one said and I only smiled, entering my empty and huge apartment, escaping the human world.

The apartment itself was huge, with white and black furniture, TV, laptop, kitchen… Normal home… I walked to the bedroom and dropped my bag near the door, then I fall on the bed.

I hated so much the time differences! Now I was going to sleep all day long.

....

“Jonghyun! Get your here and clean the mess your stupid pet made again!” I opened my eyes wide and sit on the bed, looking back at the wall… .

No peace and quiet for me this time around.