CHEATSHEET & APP

  ❛ TWO ❜ — APPLY OPEN
 
 

CHEATSHEET

CODE

TURN-IN

정채원

정설지

STORY. I'VE SUMMARISED THE GENERAL STORY SEVERAL TIMES BY NOW, AND I THINK IF I WERE TO DO IT AGAIN, IT WOULD SOUND EXACTLY THE SAME. IF YOU THINK SOMETHING NEEDS CLARIFYING, THEN PLEASE ASK ME AND I'LL TRY AND HELP YOU OUT TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY. 
 
CHARACTERS. you APPLY WITH TWO CHARACTERs, a set of twins, one of which comes from the society & the other who lives along the border. THE STORY WILL TRY TO FOCUS ON BOTH SIDES EQUALLY, BUT THERE WILL BE TIMES WHEN IT WILL FAVOUR ONE SIDE MORE (DUE TO DEVELOPMENT IN BOTH CHARACTER AND PLOT ASPECTS). FOR THE STORY TO WORK, YOUR TWO CHARACTERS HAVE TO BE BOTH MALE OR BOTH FEMALE. THEY CAN'T EXACTLY SWITCH PROPERLY IF one is female and the other is male. your character's background is not a section that you have to write about in detail. they'll all generally have similar backgrounds anyway, since the society does promote uniformity. it also may be a bit hard to write about since you don't actually know the exact society & border i have in mind, but that's okay. i'll fill in the blanks/tweak backgrounds around a bit at a later stage.
 
in regards to the personality, it's completely fine with me if you only want to list traits. i think traits in themselves already tell a lot about a person & there's going to be a fair bit of character development anyway, so my writing will possibly end up straying from what you originally wanted your character will be like. (i apologise in advance if this happens & you don't like it)
 
AGE + FACECLAIM + CLOTHES. ALL CHARACTERS WILL BE BORN IN THE YEAR 200 A.N.. AGAIN, IT'S PART OF THE PLOT, SO PLEASE DON'T ASK IF ITS POSSIBLE FOR YOUR CHARACTER TO BE BORN IN A DIFFERENT YEAR. WITH THIS YEAR BEING 218 A.N., THEY'LL ALL BE TURNING 18. IT'S EVERY CHARACTER'S EIGHTEENTH BIRTH YEAR. FACECLAIMS CAN BE IDOLS, ACTORS OR MODELS. the twins must have the same faceclaim. red velvet's yeri is taken! in regards to clothing, at the border, everyone wears a standardised uniform. in the society, due to diminishing resources, everyone wears similar dull colours with simple clothing like a shirt and shorts/pants/skirt or a dress. only during special occasions are brighter colours or more extravagant clothing are worn. in both the border and society, dying your hair is allowed.
 
cloning. okay so this was a last minute decision of mine to reveal this bit of info, but i feel like it's necessary to be known. the reason the twins are completely identical (in appearance) is because the north korean loyalists had developed a serum that cloned one fertilised egg to produce a set of twins who are physically identical. everything else is left untouched. this means that if one twin has a birthmark, so does the other. it does not mean that if one twin is injured, the other also bares the same injury. the serum clones everything in relation to appearance, so the parts of the dna that allow for the environment to affect height/weight in one twin will be the same for the other twin. thus, the twins will generally be of the same height and weight (Even though they weren't subject to the same environment). 
 
it's hard to say which twin is the original one and which is the cloned one since from one mother, the original could've been born first, but in another, the clone could've been born first. this isn't a big issue at the moment but it'll be the starting point to some extra character development in the future. 
 
curfew. i forgot to mention it on the 'miscellaneous page', but the society has a curfew. you aren't allowed to be out of your house after 10pm. with the whole country going to sleep all together, resources wouldn't be wasted as quickly. no street lamps would light up the street, saving some power. transport systems would stop, also saving power. 
 
ETHNICITY. of course, prior to the nuclear experiment, there were people of a variety of cultures. post nuclear experiment saw the closing of korea as a tourist attraction & trade market. with that in mind, especially this year being the 218th of a new time period, korean is the only language that people would speak & people would either be fully korean or only have slight blood from another ethnicity. additionally, any other lanugage would have been lost by now. there are very slight remains of the english, japanese and chinese languages (which would only be in households that have some ancestors of those origins) but that's about it.
 
LOVE INTERESTS. YOUR CHARACTERS HAVING LOVE INTERESTS IS 100% OPTIONAL. ANY UAL ORIENATION IS ACCEPTED (DESPITE THE SOCIETY BEING HOMOPHOBIC). if you were looking forward to creating your love interest, then i apologise. i find it more difficult with this story for people to pick and choose their love interests, so if a pair of characters seem to match well, then they'll be each other's love interests. LONG story short, i'll be deciding your who your character's lover is. 
 
OTHER. roughly 6 pairs of characters will be chosen as the main leads. everyone who applies will be a part of the story, but the focus will be on the 6 pairs. all characters (sorry to say this) are expendable. they may die in the story, and i don't want to favour someone over another so please don't go begging me to keep your character alive. that being said, there may be some applicants who lose their whole set of twins, while others don't even lost one. it all depends on the direction that the story is taking and how scenarios play out.
 
apart from the information on here and previous info given, everything else will be hidden. from the plot to the lifespan of your character to who your character's ultimate/final love interest is will be revealed along the course of the story. this isn't exactly a light hearted story (though there will be moments of happiness) and i want to keep it as suspenseful as possible.