two

Push and pull

"The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."

― Victor Hugo

 

 

"Hey," she mumbled, eyes focused on tearing open the bag of chips. "There's something I need to tell you."

 

Baekhyun raised his eyebrows curiously. "What is it?"

 

She cleared , fidgeting uncomfortably in her seat. "Well, recently I have this feeling."

 

"Go on." Baekhyun nodded.

 

"I don't like seeing you with other girls, I can't explain the feeling. It just makes me unsettled. So, I have come to the conclusion that I like you." 

 

Baekhyun looks as her. "And?"

 

She sighs. "Oh my god, do I need to spell it out for you? Which part of 'I like you' do you not understand!"

 

Baekhyun smirked, reaching out with the intention to pat her head, only to have his hand smacked away. "Ahh dear, I knew you couldn't resist my irressistable charms and good looks."

 

She hit him lightly on the chest. "Shut up ugly,  I don't know why it happened too."

 

He snorted, sweeping his hair to the side in what he thought was a cool manner. It was accompanied with a flick of his head, eyes closed as he pretended to be unaffected by her words.

 

"You aren't the first girl to feel that way about me." He smirked proudly, using the reflective side of his wrist watch to fix his hair. "Do you want to see the long queue of girls waiting to date me? I can list all of their names for you. Hmm I wonder who will be the lucky one... "

 

"Forget it." She crossed her arms, clearly annoyed and a little embarrassed at how he was making such a big deal out of her small yet blunt confession. "I changed my mind, I don't like you anymore."

 

He whipped his head around at her words, clearing and nervously biting his lower lip. "I was just kidding."

 

"Yeah, so was I when I told you I like you." She scowled.

 

He hesitantly reached out to put his hand over hers, but thought against it and retracted it. Instead, he cleared once more, and looked at the ground meekly.

 

"I'm sorry. Its just that I was quite surprised initially and didn't know how to react." He mumbled, fingers tapping nervously against his thighs.

 

"I'm being genuine here." She mutters through the hot tears that threaten to spill from her eyes. "I'm trying to tell you how I feel Baekhyun, I'm trying but you aren't helping."

 

 

He leans forward and pulls her into his arms, gently pushing her head down so it rests on his shoulder. He's patting the back of her head soothingly and the hug is warm and comfortable, so she wraps her arms around his waist tightly. Its quite ironic how she was seeking for his warm and comfort at that moment, when all he had provided her a minute ago was the opposite of that.

 

She figures that's just how love is. You love, then you fight.

 

And then you love somemore.


 

****

 

 

 

"Remember that day I confessed to you?" She  says, poking her red velvet sponge cake with a fork. Its a Sunday afternoon, and as with every other Sunday afternoon, they're in their shared apartment wasting the day away with random talks and enjoying each other's company.

 

Baekhyun looks up from his paperwork, curiously tilting his head. She finds that he looks even more like a puppy when he's confused, and that makes her insides flutter from the cuteness that is Byun Baekhyun.

 

She admires his sharp and prominent jaw line, eyes tracing his beautiful irises all the way down to his lips. She only snaps out of it when he taps the table lightly to get her attention.

 

"What were you thinking so intently about?" He laughs, pulling the fork out of her grip and cutting himself a slice of the cake. He hands her the fork when he's done, smiling through his eyes when she happily takes the fork from him so she can continue devouring her cake.

 

"Nothing," she ponders. "I was just thinking whether I regret everything that has happened to us these two years."

 

He frowns. "That isn't nothing. That's something important, especially if you're touching on the topic of regretting."

 

She sighs, placing the fork down on the now empty plate. Baekhyun reaches across to hold  her hand then. He's looking at her with such passion and fire in his eyes that she feels ashamed at herself for doubting their relationship.

 

"I don't regret anything, that I promise you." He says softly, but in a way that she finds reassuring. "And I probably don't tell you this as much as other boyfriends do but I do love you a lot. I promise you that too."

 

Her lips break into a small smile and she sighs happily, now playing with his fingers and tracing shapes on his palm.

 

"Baekhyun-ah," she says, eyes flitting to his eyes, then to his lips, and then back to his hands.

 

He hums, waiting for her to continue speaking.

 

"I want to marry you." It comes out of before she can filter that sentence. She gapes in disbelief.

 

He snorts. "What, you want me to pull a ring out of nowhere and propose to you on this dull Sunday afternoon while wearing sweatpants and an old t-shirt?"

 

She decides the only way out of this is to joke around, and since Baekhyun has gotten the ball rolling she had better keep it moving. So, she rolls her eyes and flips her hair behind her shoulders. "You're right, you look too shabby right now. Who would agree to marry you."

 

Baekhyun guffaws, eyeing her equally shabby outfit of t-shirt and shorts. "Maybe we can schedule the proposal. Which day and what time do you want it on, Ms Sung?"

 

"How about now?" She smirks, pretending to examine her empty ring finger. "I'm sure you can do it now as well right, Mr Byun?"

 

He rolls his eyes. "Sorry I can't magically make a ring appear in front of my eyes. I guess we're not getting married today."

 

She pouts, reaching forward to run her hands through his hair as he closes his eyes in satisfaction.

 

"Maybe tomorrow then."

 

He smiles.

 

"Or maybe next week."

 

"Or next month."

 

She laughs.

 

I know you think I'm crazy. Maybe that's because I am.

 

About life.

 

About this moment.

 

About you.

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------

This has more fluff than I expected uhh asjfarfdsnjr and why is aff censoring words that aren't curse words:(