Short-Lived Excitement

EXO One Shots & Drabbles

“____, let’s go out!” Your boyfriend -- although one might mistaken him as your younger brother -- whines with his deep voice and boyish charm.

“It’s a weekend, Park Chanyeol,” you reply him, not looking up from the novel you’re reading as you lounge on the bean bag by the room window.

    “Exactly! We should be enjoying the beautiful outdoor and doing fun activities. Outdoor.”    

    “I told you I need to finish this book, Yeol. It’s gotta be indoors today.” You say, gesturing the newly-bought book in your hands.

    The ‘boy’ in ‘boyfriend’ finally makes sense to you today as the man, who’s supposedly older than you are, keeps tugging at your sleeve, twirling your hair in his fingers and giving you a thousand and one reasons to get out of the house. You start ignoring him after his third sentence but his significant, velvety voice can be very distracting, causing you to re-read the same paragraph four times already.

    Having enough of his whining, you snap your book shut in between your palms and turn to him on your left. He flashes a wide grin, pleased that you’ve given in into his persuasion.

Or so he thinks.

    “I know a better way of having fun than going out. Are you up for it?” The glint in your eyes and the smirk etched on your face seem to perplex yet excite the gullible boy. He nods, curiosity flooding his eyes in a second.

    You get up, his hand in yours, as you tug him along in the direction of your shared bedroom. You gently push him on to the bed. After telling him to wait, you walk across the bedroom to gather several items from a storage box and then return to stand in front your clueless boyfriend. You slowly walk to your awaiting boyfriend with your hands behind you and an innocent smile of an angel. With a lower voice, you whisper into his ears, angel turning into a devil in a matter of seconds. “And close your eyes.” He practically shivers as your hot breath hits the back of his neck.

    You wrap a black cloth around his eyes and tie it behind his head snugly. “_____, what’s happening?” He asks, but the unconcealed joy in his voice tells you he doesn’t care about your answer anyway. The thrill he feels is escalating by the second.

    Then, you take his left wrist -- caressing it ever so gently just to see his satisfied response -- and fasten a handcuff around it. Having bound him to the bed with the studio prop that Chanyeol brought back from one of his shoot, you give a soft peck on his cheek…

before taking your unfinished novel by the bedside table and run for the door. “I’ll get back to you, Chanyeol. I love you!”

    “_____?” He calls out your name confused, wondering about your distant voice and the sound of your quick footsteps. Chanyeol attempts to leave the bed, only to realise that his left hand has been chained by something. With his other free hand, he removes the blindfold from his eyes, but the sudden flurry of light blinds him for a few moments. Upon regaining his vision, he scans around, the reality of being deserted and confined has finally dawned on him.

    “_____! Where are you? Why did you leave me alone?” From downstairs, you can hear your boyfriend’s questions, his voice almost desperate to lure you back into the bedroom. For the first five minutes or so, you have probably heard your name being called out more than you ever have for your whole life time. It’s no wonder Kyungsoo gets so annoyed whenever that boy addresses him.

    Finally, silence. Ahh, the distinct smell of ink on coarse yellowish papers has never felt so good, almost as if you’re in a peaceful library. Chanyeol has probably found something to entertain himself and quietens down. You indulge yourself into the world of fiction, happy over the freedom from interruption.

    About half an hour later, your phone buzzes on the coffee table, taking your focus away from the building up of the .

    PCYeol: ____, I’m bored… Save me, I’m gonna die from boredom.

    You chuckle as you read the text, imagining how desperate that boyfriend of yours must be feeling right now. He is known for his hyperactivity, and truthfully, you’ve never seen him stay still for at least one minute. Confining him to the bed is probably a great torture for him, which makes you feel bad. But he needs to train his mental endurance some time or another, right?

    Give me a call only when nature calls for you, OK? I’m halfway through this book already, so it won’t be long to your freedom. Meanwhile, cultivate your mental and emotional peace, alright? Yours truly, ____.

    PCYeol: But… I miss you already. :(

    PCYeol: ____, how could you abandon me for a novel? I thought I’m the most important thing in your life, like you are in mine.

    PCYeol: Chaining me to the bed, blindfolding. I was so shocked just now. Come to think of it, where did you even get this suggestive idea? Let me guess, Baekhyun?

    PCYeol: Or is it sly Jongdae?

    PCYeol: Oh Sehun?

    Eventually, Chanyeol keeps sending you texts that are left unread. You put your phone on silent mode and don’t bother to check unless he gives you a call, which he doesn’t dare unless he needs a toilet break.

    After snapping out of the world of fictional crime investigation, you get yourself back to reality and into the bedroom where your imprisoned boyfriend is. Having prepared dinner already, you want to invite Chanyeol to eat, as an apology and appreciation for letting you have your ‘me’ time, but the sight that met you delays your plan. Your exhausted boyfriend is sleeping soundly, sprawled unattractively like a bear on the huge bed, his left hand still attached to the top of the bed by that metal cuff. Guilt creeps into your heart for tying him up, besides also giving him the wrong idea. But let’s be honest, he kinda deserves it for being so hyperactive.

Nonetheless, you release the handcuff before quietly lay next to him, not wanting to wake the tired beagle up since he looks so peaceful as sleep looms his consciousness. As you stare at his serene face, you wish he can be like this half of the time he’s awake. After an unaware amount of time, Chanyeol stirs gently and flutters his big eyes open. As your figure settles into his vision, the large-framed man quickly wraps his arms around you like a huge bear, engulfing you whole.

“_____! You’re finally here, I missed you so much. How could you just leave me here like that?” He complains, rocking back and forth on the bed like a kid in need of consolation.

“It’s only been a couple of hours, cut the drama Yeol.  However...I am sorry for chaining you up though. I have to finish what I’ve started and that book was no different, there just wasn’t any compromise.” You admit, casting a guilty glance at him.

“Well, you can make up for it.” He says, a mischievous grin creeping up his face, contrary to a sulky boyfriend that you have expected beforehand. “You said it yourself, you have to finish what you started. You enacted this excitement in me, and you have to give it a closure.”

Like every other man, Park Chanyeol has clearly been aroused by that suggestive move you made before confining him to the bed. Thrilled with the hoax you did, boyfriend Park now demands some y time, it seems.

“Looks like you’re hungry, Park Chanyeol. I’ll give you something to eat to satisfy that hunger of yours. Dinner is ready.” With that said, you purposely reject him, although you secretly desire the same as he does. But it’s always fun to play around with him first. Your attempt of escaping fails when he immediately hugs you with his long arms, not wanting to let you go.

“Aww, _____, why are you doing this to me? I’m not hungry for food, you know that.” He whines a bit, burying his face between your neck and shoulder. “Didn’t the novel you read has parts about this special hunger?”

“It was a mystery crime novel, Chanyeol. What do you think I was reading, 50 Shades of Grey?” You notice his expression change from the corner of your eyes at the mention of that romance book.

“We don’t have to read it to know what happened in that book, do we?” He says smugly, a flirtatious glint in his eyes. At this point, you are reeled in. Chanyeol is really pushing it and you’re not complaining either.

“Are you sure you know, Park Chanyeol?”

“Well, it doesn’t matter. We’ll learn as we practice,” he answers with a smirk, showing off the dimple on his cheek.

“Then, shall we get started?” You ask with a raised eyebrow, head tilting to the right. Instead of a verbal reply, Chanyeol responds with passionate eyes and a gentle kiss that catches fire in one passing moment.