Chapter 04

Under Agreement!

CHAPTER 04

 

“That’s all for today. Please do the assignment that I give to all of you because it will affect your exam result. If you wish to have a bad grade, just ignore and don’t do it then. Class dismiss.” Prof. Kang said as he walked off the lecture hall.

Youngjae finally let out a relief breath and clearing his things before putting it inside his bag. He messaged his neck tiredly while blinking off the sleepiness. He glanced at his wrist clock which showing it was already 4pm and he needed to go to his work at the café. Youngjae stands up from his seat but got pushed down back by someone.

“Yah, let’s talk for a while.” Jieun said. Youngjae looks around the hall and noticed that they were the last one there. Her friends were waiting them in front of the door hall as if preventing him from going anywhere. The small boy sighed in defeat.

“What’s wrong with you?”

“Break up with Danny oppa. You’re just ruined his life.” Jieun stated.

I ruined his life she said? What a nonsense.

“Look. I’m aware of the risk being in relationship with him. But seriously, who are you to ask me breaking up with Daehyun? If I love him and he loves me, so what?” Youngjae remarks nonchalantly.

“Love? Do you think that Danny oppa love you?” Of course not. We’re fake anyways.

“You’re just a . Danny oppa must be confused and playing with your heart. You know, he’s a celebrity. He needs to be with someone who is much deserve and in the same level with him. And you? What do you have, huh? You have nothing to give him.” She throw him a disgusting look while looking at Youngjae up and down.

Okay, he knows that he’s nobody and not rich enough to give a whole world but despite of all words she said, Youngjae was detest the word ‘’ the most. He calmly stood up on the ground, towering the pretty girl with his height and staring down at her with a nonchalant face.

“Thank you for spending your precious time and have a talk with me. But I just made a conclusion that you’re jealous of me, don’t you? Well, sorry for you. Your beloved Danny oppa…” Youngjae stepped closer to her ear as he whispers,

“…is mine.”

He walked down to the door hall without glancing towards Jieun’s friend and left Jieun with a burning fire in her heart.

 

>>><<<

 

“This is why I don’t like getting involve with celebrity. Danny or Daehyun or whatever his name there… Can’t he just use one name only? Why would parents give such a name only to abandon them? And, his fans are totally annoying and burdensome.” Youngjae’s mouth was grumbled this and that about the singer like a radio.

“This is all that ’s fault. Why he’s coming into my life just to ruin-,” A sudden jolt halted Youngjae’s babble in the air as he bumped on someone’s collarbone. Nose, are you still there? He cursed silently while nursing his poor button nose. Why people nowadays keeps getting tall and how come he still a small potato?

“YAH! Can’t you see-,” He wanted to yell at that person but stopped it in the middle of words. His crush in front of him!

“You surely like having a bad day. Are you okay?”

“J-Jaebum-ssi.” Youngjae stuttered. The college heartthrob flashed him a charming smile which making his cheeks immediately turned to crimson red.

“Are you okay?”

“Ah y-yea. I’m okay. S-sorry for bumping on you.” The small boy apologized. His heart was beating crazily while glancing at Jaebum shyly.

“It’s okay. Since you looks like having a bad day, I just let it go.” Jaebum shrugged his shoulder. Youngjae nodded as he fixed his eyes at the ground, not knowing what to do next. His fingers were playing with the strap of his bag.

“So… I’ll go first. See you later, Youngjae.” The handsome boy gives a wink before he walked away.

“Y-yes. S-see you later, Jaebum-ssi.”

Youngjae was internally squealing in his heart and he couldn’t stop a broad smile from appearing on his face. He waits until Jaebum disappeared from his view before jumping on his feet childishly.

“Kyaaaaaa!!! He talks with me. Im Jaebum talks with me, Yoo Youngjae! Heaven bless me.” Youngjae sighed dreamily, closing his eyes and clasping both his hands together.

He always dreaming to talk with the college heartthrob since he has a crush on Jaebum. They have a few classes together but Youngjae was not brave enough to start a conversation with him. After all, Jaebum usually will be crowded with his fan girls because of his popularity or he was with his circle of friends which he didn’t like all of them. They are just a bunch of brat who lives under their rich parents but still show off as if they owned the whole world.

“Have you done with your fangirling time?” A voice was heard clearly near to his ear making Youngjae jumped on his spot. He opened his eyes to look on the intruder which turned out to be his one and only friend, Jongup.

“Yah! You surprised me!” Youngjae touched his chest like a drama queen.

“Itch, I’m not. You are the one who doesn’t notice me standing here by your side all the time. I had enough with your stupid fangirling over Jaebum.”

Youngjae rolled his eyes and scoffed at Jongup’s word before his smile re his face, still not over Jaebum yet. He bit his lower lip to stop him from screaming out of joy.

“There, there, there. Again. Yah, do remember who you are! Where will you put Daehyun, huh?” Jongup smacked his friend’s head.

“Yah, it’s hurt!” Youngjae rubbed on the spot and choose to ignore Jongup’s words about the singer. Truthfully, no one knows about the agreement that he made except Daehyun and his manager, Minhyuk. It was one of the conditions which he needs to follow.

“No one should know that we are just a fake couple. Not even single person. Get it?” Daehyun said.

“Why are you here anyways?” The small boy asked. They walked together towards the college gate.

“Just happen to be there, seeing you bumped onto Jaebum. Are you going back home now? Wanna hang out together? Junhong and I decided to watch movie tonight since tomorrow is weekend.” Jongup invites him.

“Nah, I passed. I’m heading to work. The bills are going up now.”

“Wait.” Jongup paused their walk as he holds back Youngjae’s arm. “You don’t live with Daehyun?”

The small boy frowned. “Why would I?”

“You’re dating with him.”

“Ah...t-that… being his lover doesn’t mean I need to burden him with my cost living, Jongup-ah. I don’t like that thoughts too.” Youngae neglects him easily. “Then… bye. Send my regards to Junhong.”

The small boy was walking down to the streets with a carefree, leaving Jongup loss of words before the latter could asked him about to give Youngjae a ride to his workplace.

“That kid…” Jongup sighed in defeat. He just can’t win with Youngjae.

 

>>><<<

 

Daehyun waves his hands towards the crowd fans after finishing his schedule for today. He walked to the black van where Minhyuk parked it nearest the recording building. He immediately slumped his tired body on the car seat and closed his eyes to take a bit of sleep which he missed these past few days. He almost dozed off when Minhyuk get into driver seat and started the car engine. He drove off the parking lot.

“Do you want to go anywhere or going straight home?” The manager glanced through the mirror.

“Just home. I miss my fluffy bed.” Daehyun mumbled tiredly without intending to open his eyes.

“Okay then. By the way, have you contact Youngjae?”

“Why would I?”

“I was curious how he’s been doing these days since he’s dating with you. You do know that not all of your fans accepted him as your lover.”

“He’ll be okay. No need to worry, hyung.” Daehyun said confidently. He switched his position to the side and trying to sleep. But Minhyuk won’t let him yet.

“Yah. Your dad called me just now. He sounds angry with your recent dating news.” Minhyuk informed carefully. He watched the singer’s body suddenly become stiff at the mention of his dad. Daehyun opened his eyes and staring at the car door silently.

“Daehyun?” The manager called him when the singer stayed wordless on his seat.

“Just drive the car. I’m about to get some sleep here. Wake me up when we reached home.” Daehyun responds.

“I was thinking to buy ice americano at the bakery where Youngjae works. Do you need something to buy?”

Hearing the word ‘bakery’, Daehyun gets up instantly and moved forward to the front seat.

“Hyung, can I have a cheesecake?”

 

>>><<<

 

 

Daehyun was glad that there are not a lot of people at the bakery since it was almost midnight time. He walked past a girl who was getting out of the bakery and put his forefinger on his lip when their eyes met. The girl cupped in shock when she recognized Daehyun but then she threw him a sincere smile and makes an ‘OK’ sign. She giggled silently after realizing who the person Daehyun comes for. She quickly handshake with the singer before leaving the bakery.

“I’m sorry but we’re about to clo-” Youngjae looked up when the bell at the door rings, successfully getting his attention.

“Miss me, baby?”

Youngjae fights the urge to roll his eyes at the sight of the popular singer.

“What are you doing here? The shop are about to close now.” The small boy continued to clean the mess on the counter.

“Why? I cannot be here? I miss you though.” Daehyun teased.

“Totally unwelcomed.”

“Ouch. You hurt me. How could you?” The singer grimaced while putting his palm on his chest, acting like he hurt with Youngjae’s word.

This time Youngjae seriously rolled his eyes in annoyance.

“If you come here just to tease me, just go. I’m totally not in the mood with your stupid joke.”

He meant it what he said. He was tired with work but mentally more tired when Daehyun’s fans were in the bakery. He had to deal with some hateful stares and some are too nice, requesting him to take a picture with them. He doesn’t want to get on their bad side, eventually accepting their request. After all, he had to take care of Daehyun’s reputation too. He needs to be responsible because it was him who was agreed on the first place to be the singer’s lover.

“Are you doing well? These past days?” Daehyun asks as he leans against the counter casually. He put his hands on it while looking at the younger of them.

Youngjae sighed heavily. “Your fans are totally crazy, you know?”

“Why?”

“They doesn’t give me a break to breath properly. Some were glared at me like I am a prey. If there are nice one, they interviewed me about you this and that. I don’t know a single thing about you, how can I answer that? Request a nonsense thing until I have no idea how to handle them. How could you getting me into this mess? Ah, really!” Youngjae slammed the wet cloth in his hand, frustrated with his situation.

Daehyun who was listening all the younger’s rambling about his fans, just found Youngjae’s angry face is cute as he can’t help but to laugh at him.

“This is funny to you? Funny, huh?”

“No. I just found it’s cute when you’re angry.”

“W-what? Y-yah! I’m serious right now.” Youngjae blushed at the singer’s word. He widened his eyes to prove that he was really doesn’t play around. But still it doesn’t stop Daehyun from continue to laugh in amusement.

“Stop laughing!” The small boy crossed his arm as he send a death glare to Daehyun. He squints his eyes, furrowing his eyebrows while gritting his teeth tightly.

“Okay, okay. I stopped.” Daehyun surrenders but still keeping his smile.

“Hah! You’re wasting my time when I should be cleaning now. Just leave already.” Youngjae huffed as he continued his work.

“I don’t want. Yah, do you have any cheesecake left? That’s what I came for though.”

The small boy let out another sigh, reluctantly take a box to fill the cheesecake left for today. The singer’s eyes immediately sparkled at the sight of his favourite cake as Youngjae put the large box on the counter. Daehyun pulled out his credit card to pay for the cake.

“It’s okay. Just take it and go already.” Youngjae said, still with a sour face.

“Really? Thank you but why do you keep ask me to go, huh? Cham.” Daehyun scoffed in annoyance before he continue, “What time you finished?”

The younger glanced at the clock on the wall. “Soon. I need to clean the shop and close the door.”

“And you’re going home by?”

“Of course by walking.” Youngjae casually answered. He lifts the chairs and put them on the table.

“You’re walking? At this time?”

“Yes. Why?”

Daehyun stared at the younger, disbelief. He asks me why? Although Youngjae is a grown up boy but still, with his small body, it is dangerous to be outside at late night. What if people want to rob him? What if people want to kidnap the boy? Selling his organ to other countries? , maybe? Well, he’s pretty boy. Daehyun shuddered at his thought.

“Yah. Come out quickly. I give you a ride to home.” Daehyun didn’t wait for the younger’s reply as he walked out of the bakery.

“What is he?” Youngjae who was surprised with the offer, could only mumbled under his breath.

 

 

 

>>><<<

 

 

 


I don't know if this chapter come out well or not. Forgive me for the lack update and trash chapter.