Part 3/5

Kasuka Na Kaori
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

vanilla






 

Yoongi’s smell is a little bit like vanilla. And cinnamon. It’s musky and sweet, reminds Jimin of warmth and safety, gives him a sense of family, just like cinnamon reminds him of Christmas. When him and his older brother are not on good terms, the smell is unbearable. Vague, but there. Too good to be associated with the wrath and bitter indifference Yoongi sometimes carries.

 

Yoongi’s pillows smell like this. Everything in his room does, in fact. Jimin knows he’s not allowed in here but he can’t help it tonight. He has to tonight.

 

He’s nervous and jittery, sweaty hands fiddling with the hem of the oversized sweater he stole from Taehyung forever ago. Memories cloud his mind, memories he needs to spill before they drive him crazy, and Yoongi’s scent is comforting. Helps him keep a grip of his sanity, though ever so slightly.

 

He isn’t sure what to make of it this time around. Whether to bask in it or wish it would go away. All he knows is that it’s soothing.

 

Jimin can still hear the shower running from the bathroom. It’s way past two a.m., and Jimin isn’t even surprised that Yoongi is still up. He’s a little disappointed. But not surprised.

 

Yoongi’s room is nice. He has posters decorating the white walls, black sheets, a keyboard with purple accents and like a billion books. They’re stacked in the overfull bookshelf and in piles besides the bed. His computer has a black case and a large sticker on it which says ‘LOCKED’. Yoongi keeps his room tidy, in contrast to Jimin who’s not even trying with the guest room.

 

Jimin would spend more time in here if he was allowed to. He’d sleep in Yoongi’s bed, wear his clothes, play on his keyboard. It sounds weird, even Jimin thinks so, but he likes it here. Maybe a bit too much.

 

It’s probably the smell, Jimin thinks.

 

His legs dangle off the edge of Yoongi’s bed, toes swirling patters in the carpet below him. He breaths slowly, willing for his rapid heartbeat to calm down.

 

Soon, the water stops running. Jimin braces himself for possible abuse. He knows Yoongi would never let him be in here, even if he knew how nice it made Jimin feel. Actually

Please log in to read the full chapter