Home.

Her Name Is Haeun.

Haeun pressed her thumb to the scanning pad as always and waited for the green light and the oh-so-familiar beep to signal to her that the door was now accessible to open.

Her evidently tired dongsaeng, Jeongguk, was standing behind her with his overnight bag in one hand and a plastic bag full of snacks in the other. The uprising idol was completely drained of his energy from his dance practice for the upcoming Wings tour. Haeun, whom doesn't know how to light a match stick or how to cross her eyes, knows with no difficulty when to ease her dongsaeng if he is in an uncomfortable position. It became natural to her as she technically raised Jeongguk ever since he was 15.

The blessed sound of the beep chimed and the green light shone brightly in the dark hours of the night. With a turn of Haeun's skinny wrist, the front door of her apartment opened; welcoming her and her dongsaeng home.

Jeongguk exhaled in relief and his soft plump lips slowly turned into a small smile, allowing his cute bunny teeth to make a quick appearance. "I can finally put my head down." The idol thought.

He had always loved his Haeun noona's house or maybe it could just possibly be because he not only loved the house but also its owner.

Although he had never really known whether he just liked her because she was his manager or if he liked her for her in general, to Jeongguk, he just accepted that he liked her in more than one way.

Even though Haeun was his manager, she really cared for him and always was there for him, including all the times that he was happy and upset.

At times, she had to be rough. She had to draw the line of caring of Jeongguk and caring of Jungkook, the maknae of Bangtan Sonyeondan but despite all of this, Jeongguk knew at heart that she was teaching him with tough love and that was what made him fall in love with her.

All his fans were kind and devoted, not that Jeongguk hated that in any way, but he just fell for something he couldn't have; his manager noona who is a disciplinarian yet one who exudes love and affection.

Isn't it normal to fall for someone that you can't have?

-

Entering the door, Haeun picked up the bag of snacks Jeongguk had put beside his overnight bag, which he had placed down next to him so both his hands would be free to untie his laces, and she popped it onto the dinner table along with the bag full of takeaways.

"Noona! Can you put the milk in the fridge? I want to drink it cold!" Jeongguk hollowed from the front door pass way, still tying his double knotted laces.

  A slightly audible

A slightly audible "yes" and the sound of the fridge door opening and closing was heard and Jeongguk laughed in satisfaction thanks to his noona despite his laces being strenuous to untie. 

"How does Hoseok hyung undo his laces?" Jeongguk questioned himself in frustration.He decided to simply kick off his shoes and join his noona to eat. He was too tired and hungry to deal with two strings that were knotted to infinity. His noona could untie them for him; she always does whenever one of the boys is in a pickle with their shoes or in-ears.

Picking up his overnight bag, Jeongguk hurried over to Haeun at the dining table in a sashay or a traipse type of movement. Some would describe his movement as a bunny hop skip towards his noona.

Haeun looked over at Jeongguk, "What took you so long? Fell asleep untying your laces?" She joked as she multitaskingly took out the takeaways from the bag and placing a bowl of rice before two separate chairs; one for her and the other for Jeongguk and a large bowl of soup in the middle.

They had ordered the same, ox bone soup with rice and a side order of chives and oyster pancake, not because they both wanted the same thing but because Haeun just ordered what Jeongguk ordered to cut the time for the cooks to prepare their meals. A good manager never wastes her artist's time.

However to Jeongguk, it was a telltale sign that she liked him.

"I put away all of the snacks and your milk like a week ago."She whimsically complained.

Jeongguk let out a chuckle, Haeun noona was the type to make exaggerating jokes.

Overall, her personality was like Hoseok's except a bit toned down but still was considered the mood maker. To the rest of the managers, Haeun was an essential when controlling 7 boys and to the boys, Haeun was a must need for dealing with the managers.

"We were practicing so Hoseok hyung told me to tie up my laces twice so I -"

"- Couldn't untie them?" Haeun cut in. Jeongguk nodded, pulled out the chair next to him and placed his overnight bag onto it and snapped the disposable chopsticks.

"Well, you've got them off your feet now so it doesn't matter. Eat a lot, Guk-ah." Haeun consulted.

With a smile, Jeongguk recited, "Yes, noona. I will eat very well, noona."

He mashed up his rice first and waited for Haeun to take a bite of her meal first. It was common Korean courtesy to let your elders eat before you do, courtesy is a thing that Jeongguk had installed in his personality and subconscious, especially if he sees you in loving light and luckily for Haeun; Jeongguk does.

She ladled the soup onto her rice and gestured to Jeongguk if he wanted her to ladle some soup for him.

By a shake of his head, Haeun quickly placed the ladle back and took a sip of her soup with her rice and some meat.

She exhaled loudly in pleasure just like how her same age friend Seokjin normally does. "This tastes clean, and the meat isn't so tough like other restaurants." Haeun described.

Jeongguk then took an eager mouthful of the soup with some rice. He nodded in agreement. "Let's go there again." Jeongguk suggested, feigning innocence that he was clearly not asking his noona out on a date.

"Alright, but since this one is on me, you'll pay next time" Haeun proposed with a smile.

"I'll pay for you, noona." Jungkook said with content. "Just say the word and I'll treat you. " 

-

Despite being Bangtan's manager, Haeun didn't share a dorm with them and never has.

She never really needed to since the two other managers Sejin and Hobeom stayed with the boys and that she never really wanted to stay in a house full of hormonal teenage boys (now less hormonal young adults) who'll most likely ask her to clean up their messes.

She never really needed to since the two other managers Sejin and Hobeom stayed with the boys and that she never really wanted to stay in a house full of hormonal teenage boys (now less hormonal young adults) who'll most likely ask her to clean up...

 

Hint: Kim Namjoon and Kim Taehyung.

But Jeongguk was different. 

When the company had asked her to stay over the night in the dorm due to early schedules, Jeongguk was the tidiest and even scolded Haeun when she forgot to pick up her chili seaweed snack wrapper from the coffee table. Not to mention that he waited for her to fall asleep before he took his shower in case he kept her up.

But now Jeongguk sat there at Haeun's dining table, staring at the English word and trying to connect the letters to become into sounds.

"Surely noona can help me with understanding this article." Jeongguk mused. "She's always talks to Rapmon hyung in English whenever they don't want the other staff to know what they're on about."

"Noona!" Jeongguk called out. It was now 2am in the morning, thoughts of doubt entered Jeongguk's mind, "Would noona still be awake?"

Jeongguk had been up trying to complete his weekly task given to him by the English program that he had signed up for

Jeongguk had been up trying to complete his weekly task given to him by the English program that he had signed up for.

He was persistent to finish every single task and worksheet by himself and in time but with the packed schedules , distractions of the older hyungs and increasing level of difficulty, Jeongguk decided that his noona could help him out. The quicker, the better; better as in he could finally sleep.

Haeun came to the dining table in a flash, "What's up?" she asked coolly.

The 25 year old woman standing before Jeongguk had a sheet mask on and an old BTS Live Trilogy shirt on with the words 'ARTIST CREW' printed on boldly.

Jeongguk's face retorted ever so slowly. "Oh, noona. Why are you wearing that?" Jeongguk stifled a laugh. "I'm so embarrassed, noona."

A clear smirk was seen on Haeun's face. Despite with the handicap of her Nature Republic face mask, Jeongguk could clearly see it.

"Yeah, so? I'm your manager." Haeun responded. "And also I'm older, so I'm meant to make you feel embarrassed. Why did you call me? You don't understand something?"

"I need you to help me with my English." the desperate male answered. A groan came from Haeun's mouth and she peeled off her sheet mask.

"You're lucky that I've had this mask on for 35 minutes now. "

Jeongguk squirmed gleefully in his chair as he watched Haeun who excused herself to wash her face and apply lotion.

Jeongguk squirmed gleefully in his chair as he watched Haeun who excused herself to wash her face and apply lotion

 "As expected of my noona." He said under his breath.

Haeun was always helpful and always proactive to helping everyone so when she overheard Namjoon complaining how he didn't have time to work on his mixtape, more so teach Jeongguk English, Haeun quickly offered up to teach Jeongguk English. 

Haeun was raised up in a pure Korean family and had not once lived outside of South Korea but she was born into a family which consisted of a lawyer for a mother and a professor for a father. Being the only child, her parents had high hopes for Haeun. They sent her to an international school in Seoul where she learnt English and Japanese, the two languages which Jeongguk and Jin were now learning.

However she never did offer up her house as his place of studying.

They initially studied in the Bangtan dorm but stopped since the sunshine line kept on interrupting them and wanted to play around with Haeun who an unofficial member to the sunshine line.

Following this, they decided to study at the company but that was even worse. The other manager (don't worry, that abusive is fired now) kept hassling Haeun to do his jobs for him and ordering Jeongguk to go to practice when he was simply there to learn on his free time.

As the last resort, Haeun offered up her house to be Jeongguk's makeshift tuition class.

It normally lasted two hours at the most but they were so busy with being Jungkook of Bangtan and Haeun manager-noona that their tuition classes started when they came back from their schedules which were normally around midnight.

Jeongguk wasn't meant to stay the night initially but Haeun was so tired to send her dongsaeng home and instead let him crash the night.

Voila, Jeongguk became a frequent guest to Haeun's cozy apartment.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: First few chapters will be more towards setting and getting the readers more used to the friendships of Haeun wtih the boys as a friend and as a manager. The plot will slowly deepen as we go towards the fourth chapter. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------