Fifth

Demigods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chloe woke up to find her knives on her bed side table. There were two of them, made of an incredibly dark and rare metal. They were blacker than onyx and impossibly light to the touch. The hilts of each sword were made of a shiny silver that were always warm whenever Chloe went to pick them up. The blades themselves were about a foot long. They were thin and the kind of sharp that was impossible to obtain without the help of magic.

 

Cursing whoever was responsible for giving them to her now, instead of when she was facing a minotaur, Chloe attached the swords to her back. Whether or not she would need them today was unclear. But with a house full of people that could probably kill her without lifting a finger, she wasn't taking any chances. Besides, she missed the familiar weight of them on her back. Aside from the house, they were the only visible reminder of her adventures two years ago. Adventures that she would never admit that she missed, even to herself.

 

As it turned out, Baekhyun didn't need to send out a signal for one of their friends to find them. Chloe walked into the kitchen to find a boy she didn't recognize hunched over the stove and the delicious smell of bacon and eggs wafting in the air.

 

She shrieked in surprise and jumped back, drawing her swords on instinct. The boy jumped as well, and also yelled in response, startled by her actions. He held up a spatula and looked ready to fight her off with it.

 

The boy was shorter than the demigods she met yesterday. He had dark brown hair with wide eyes, that were open even wider in his surprise.

 

Within seconds, Kai had appeared in a puff of black smoke. Baekhyun, Chanyeol, and Lay ran down the stairs, while Sehun and Chen literally jumped off the top of the staircase. The boys ran into the kitchen, on high alert.

 

"What's going on?" Chen asked, looking between the boy and Chloe. "Oh, hi D.O."

 

"D.O.?" Chloe asked in confusion. Realization dawned on the boys' faces.

 

"You have got to be kidding me," Kai grumbled to himself and disappeared again in a puff of smoke. Chloe started at the spot he was just in in confusion.

 

"What?" She questioned. Lay sighed and Chloe noticed that he had run downstairs armed only with a fierce expression and a pillow to face the danger. Baekhyun had at least brought a lamp. Chanyeol had just stuck his arms out and Chloe could see some smoke around his fingers. Sehun brought a fabulous bed head while Chen was brandishing a toothbrush like it was a sword. Chloe didn't ask where he got it from.

 

"Chloe, meet D.O.," Lay gestured to the boy. "D.O., Chloe."

 

Slowly, Chloe lowered her swords. "Oh," was all she had to say. "Sorry."

 

The boy, D.O., lowered the spatula as well. "It's okay. Sorry for startling you."

 

Chloe just shook her head and gave him a tight smile. "It's fine," she managed to squeak out, still startled by his appearance. She sheathed her swords. "But how did you find us?" D.O. shrugged.

 

"He's intuitive," Sehun answered for him. "Now if you don't mind, Chen and I are jetlagged. I'm going back to bed." Chen nodded in agreement and the two of them headed back up the stairs.

 

"I listen to the earth," D. O. said rather quietly. "the earth tells me where I should be."

 

"Oh," was all Chloe had to say in response. His words bugged her; they stirred something inside her. She quickly pushed those feelings away.

 

"Hey, is that bacon I smell?" Baekhyun asked excitedly, successfully keeping the awkward atmosphere that was threatening to fall at bay. He placed the lamp onto the island

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter