Part 2: A Date and Other Things

Medicine and ink

 

 

It’s been a few months since Kyungsoo has been seeing Jongin and he’s loving every second he spends with him. As if doing art was rebellious enough, being with Jongin felt scandalous. He has never felt such excitement and enjoyment before. Maybe it’s because he doesn’t find Jongin like the rest, insufferable, annoying and fake. Oh, and also the fact that they constantly mention his career and family and education, you know the usual.

 

Jongin tells him everything about him and in return he listens to every detail of Kyungsoo’s life with such adoration in his eyes. He even remembers his coffee order and what food he likes.

 

Kyungsoo witnessed his creation get inked on the white haired male at the studio for 5 hours. Jongin’s friend, Chanyeol, another artist in the studio, teased his friend when Kyungsoo walked in to witness his drawing get inked and at the left out of all places. Chanyeol teased Jongin when Kyungsoo blushed at the sight of a shirtless Jongin.

 

Kyungsoo had told Jongin how he stumbled along that part of town to which Jongin replied “Kyungsoo, cats can't hold things like cellphones in their mouth. It's too big for their mouths”. Kyungsoo wanted to tell him he knew what he saw, no matter how ridiculous it sounds but that’s far too petty to get worked up about.

 

Kyungsoo doesn’t go to the studio frequently because Sehun reported Kyungsoo missing from class without reason and if Kyungsoo missed anymore, they would call his parents and he would be under house arrest for the rest of his life.

 

Kyungsoo honestly never imagined how amazing it felt to kiss Jongin.

 

It all started on their 5th date. There was a new ice cream place that opened in the studio’s area and Jongin wanted to try it but Jongin could only get off work after 9 p.m due to a client. Kyungsoo didn’t mind, he’s been using the excuse that he’s been studying in school since he started seeing the attractive male.

 

Kyungsoo walked in 5 minutes to 9 p.m, which irritated Chanyeol, who thought it was another customer, but sighed in relief when he realised it was Kyungsoo and brought him to the back room. Jongin was busy with a client but managed to greet Kyungsoo briefly before getting back to work. The sounds of the tattoo machine was still something Kyungsoo was starting to get used to but it didn’t sound painful anymore.

 

Chanyeol did offer drinks and snacks to Kyungsoo but he declined them. Kyungsoo was still a bit shy around Chanyeol but the latter didn’t seem to mind. He already knew Chanyeol had his eye on the cute barista in the coffee house across the studio but he can’t help to feel a bit uncomfortable. I mean, this kid doesn’t exactly have friends so you can’t blame him for feeling this way.

 

Jongin was finished with his client 10 minutes after 9 but Kyungsoo didn’t complain. He knew tattoos take a while and he waited patiently for him in the back room. Jongin walked into the back room and found Kyungsoo staring at the wall. Kyungsoo smiled when he turned his head and Jongin suddenly felt all his fatigue disappear. All he wanted to do now was grab Kyungsoo and never let him go.

 

But he can’t. He hasn’t even asked Kyungsoo to be his boyfriend yet and he’s itching to. Chanyeol had to bear witness to Jongin torture himself over what seems to be falling so very hard. For a person that managed to smoothly flirt, Chanyeol can’t believe his friend hasn’t even kissed him yet. Oh wait, that’s another thing Jongin tortures himself over.

 

“Jongin!” a voice called out, breaking Jongin out of his thoughts. “Sorry, what?”

 

Kyungsoo sighed. “ I said ready to go?” Jongin nodded and smiled “ Yeah. Let’s go”

 

They walked down the street with their hands linked together. They started doing this after the 3rd date when Jongin casually held Kyungsoo’s hands ( and hoped Kyungsoo didn’t pull his hand back).

 

They walked into the ice cream parlour and was greeted by the cashier. Jongin insisted that he paid for both their ice creams and they walked out (hand-in-hand). Jongin’s ice cream may have dripped down his hand (he was staring at the cutie next to him) and Kyungsoo fussed over the mess he was making.

 

Jongin could just kiss him right now. What am I saying he did. He moved so fast that Kyungsoo couldn’t see what he was doing. It took Kyungsoo a few moments before he realised Jongin was kissing him. Oh my god Jongin was kissing him. It felt like one of those cliches Kyungsoo always heard about but he would never imagine it like this.

 

Jongin pulled back eventually, with a certain fear in his eyes. Kyungsoo wasn’t saying anything and Jongin was freaking out internally. Was he too fast? maybe it was too fast. He opened his mouth to apologize when Kyungsoo grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him down for a kiss. That’s when he knew he wasn’t going too fast.

 

Now, let’s come to the present. Kyungsoo had just returned home from school. His boyfriend had a client today and couldn’t see him. He apologised to Kyungsoo but said he would text him when he was done.

 

He walked into the living room and saw both his parents there. Both. At this hour which is usually the hour Kyungsoo would come home into an empty house. They looked pissed like super pissed.

 

“Um… hi?” Kyungsoo says, obviously confused at the presence of his parents.

 

They had their arms crossed. “Anything you would like to tell us Kyungsoo?”

 

He quirked an eyebrow. He was pretty sure that he never let anyone see him whenever he went anywhere other than school.

 

“School was fine I guess. Is this because I don’t socialise much?” he asked. Since he’s walking on pretty thin ice right now, he might as well start something.

 

“It’s not. However, that is a topic to be touched on later.” his mother said. The tension in the living room was high, or at least, that’s what Kyungsoo thinks.

 

Oh no. Is it possible they found out about Jongin? Oh . They’re going to start telling him that Jongin isn’t a good fit for him and he should get someone of a higher social class so that the family name won’t be tainted. Wait, are his parents alright with him dating a man? Well, that would be even worse then they’ll start with a bunch slurs and then probably introduce him with some fake, annoying girl that isn’t sincere.

 

Man, this is such a minefield and he doesn’t know where to step.

Kyungsoo’s father sighed “The school called us. They say you’ve been missing class.”

 

“Well thank ” Kyungsoo thinks but he’s annoyed that the school called his parents.

 

“I missed just one class and they called you guys.” he said, annoyance laced in his voice.

 

“Really? Because they make it sound like you’ve missed quite a few.” his father sternly responds, hands crossed.

 

“Yeah, I missed one class and they called me in the next day like I needed counselling.” Kyungsoo remembered that day. He didn’t mind the fact of telling him about missing class, you know that’s normal.

 

It’s when they drag him to the counselling room with Oh Sehun sitting right across him and everyone talking to him like he needs help of whatever kind.

 

“Promise us it won’t happen again?” his mother asks with worry. Kyungsoo nods “Yeah. I mean, what else is there for me to do?” he started walking towards the stairs “I’ll be in my room if you need me.” and he disappeared.

 

His parents left the house a while after Kyungsoo went into his room. He didn’t hear anything from his parents that concerned him which is good.

 

As much as he loves his parents and his boyfriend, he can’t find the confidence to make the two parties meet and that the meeting would end peacefully. He was so scared of losing his family and the person he loves dearly.

 

He wasn’t sure what time it was when he called Jongin but he was so glad he did. He told Jongin about what happened and then told him his fears while Jongin just listened. The call ended with Kyungsoo saying “I want to be with you right now. You know what, I’m coming to the studio now. Don’t go anywhere.” and a faint “Wait, what?” was heard from Jongin’s side.

 

Kyungsoo climbed out his window and somehow managed to leave unheard.

 

Jongin was finished with his client by the time Kyungsoo called and he may or may not have dropped a cup of tea on himself when Kyungsoo said he was coming over. Jongin fumbled with the cup and dashed off to get a fresh new shirt, wherever it is.

 

Chanyeol left an hour ago to his date with the barista from across the street he believes goes by the name Baekhyun and he has a weird feeling Chanyeol isn’t coming in for work tomorrow. He is sure that Chanyeol always keeps a new shirt somewhere whenever he wants to flirt with the barista.

 

By the time he’s taking off his shirt to put on the new one, Kyungsoo walks in. Jongin freezes half- with his soiled shirt in his hand. Kyungsoo is panting at the doorway and Jongin quickly takes the other shirt and puts it on.

 

“Kyungsoo did you run here?” Jongin asks, walking towards his boyfriend and turning the sign to ‘Closed’.

 

“Yeah… I did.” Kyungsoo manages out. “I really wanted to see you”

 

Aw babe” Jongin wraps his arms around his boyfriend and nuzzles into his hair. “You didn’t have to.”

 

Kyungsoo tucks his face into his boyfriend’s neck and returns the hug. “Well, I wanted to. And I’m already here so what are you going to do about it?”

 

Jongin chuckles. He makes Kyungsoo face him “Well, this” He leans in to kiss him. Oh the magical moment. They kissed until they were deprived of air and broke off the kiss. They stayed in each other's arms for lord knows how long.

 

“Did you know” Jongin speaks “that tattoo artists have to have a medical certificate in order to tattoo?”


 

 

 

there's probably going to be a part 3 for some sentimental idk

it doesn't seem done enough for me

p.s. i also can't write kiss scenes even though I have a guide on how to

p.s.s what is the title and ending even