The News

Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ten's POV:

It has been a few months since Hit The Stage ended, and also a few months since I last saw Momo and talked to her face to face. I missed seeing her smile, missed the way she smells, missed her cute way of doing things. So when TWICE announced their comeback, I was delighted. I stayed up every night just so I could see their teasers and on the actual day of the release of the MV, I finally breathed. On my screen, dancing cutely and dressed up as Tinkerbell was Momo. She looked so good and I was so breathless that I kept repeating her parts in the MV, so it was to no surprise that I became very familiar with their song TT and kept playing it during my breaks. All these times when I missed her, I just watched their comeback stages, watched their variety show appearances, and followed their VLIVE videos where Momo was always being herself there. There was even once that she replied to my comment which I typed using my personal account disguised as a ONCE, and I was so happy for the rest of the day I practiced very hard with the energy recharged in me. 

Days went by like this, and before I know it, it was November. My manager walked in one day and informed all of us of our schedules for December, which was fully packed since there are a lot of music festivals to attend. I was, of course, belated to hear of this news because I know that TWICE will also be there, and so will Momo. Imagine my delight then, when my manager told me that I was to have a special stage in SBS Gayo Daejun under the hip hop team, and then collaborate with the contemporary dance team at the end. I quickly glanced through the names of the people in the hip hop dance team and contemporary dance team. To my dismay, Momo was not in the hip hop dance team! Being the main dancer of TWICE and extremely skilled in dancing since she started training at the age of 3, I was honestly angry as to why she was put in the contemporary dance team instead of the hip hop one when she's trained in hip hop and urban genres. When I asked my manager that, he said," Well because hip hop is slightly easier than contemporary and there are more dancers who fit under the hip hop genre but very few can do contemporary because it is much harder, requires flexibility, gracefulness and must be extremely detailed from their head movements to their pointed toes and fingers, so we tried to recruit the best for contemporary. I heard that originally Momo was supposed to be in hip hop, but then the producers saw her dance contemporary for her second performance on Hit The Stage and was very impressed by her skills to do all sorts of genres, so they ultimately placed her in contemporary since no one else was good enough . Why are you so curious about her by the way?" my manager added curiously. "Nothing," I turned away, continue to look at the list of performers. When I saw that BTS Jimin was also in the same team as Momo, I became abit jealous. Jimin is known to be very charming and he's very famous, and since the team would have to practice together, I'm scared that Momo will grow close with Jimin and admire him. Oh gosh Ten, why didn't you also learn contemporary? But on the bright side, I'm partnered with Lisa from BlackPink. Oooh she's Thai too and I've met her before in Thailand when we went to pay our respects to the former King, and she's quite easy to get along with, so that's fine I guess. At least I will get to dance with Momo on the same stage for the last combined performance of the two teams, especially since Momo was arranged to be beside me, I was quite happy already. With that in mind, I felt motivated again, and started learning the choreography diligently. 

2 weeks passed, and it was time for the combined practice of the dancers. The practice was arranged to be at JYP Entertainment, so I went there. When I got there, I was looking around absent-mindedly for the correct room that I was supposed to go to, but just when I was about to turn into another block, someone called me from behind. "Ten oppa!! Tennie~~" a cute voice rang behind me, and as I turned around, I saw Momo running down the corridor towards me with a big smile on her face and her arms widespread. I caught her in a hug, and was very happy to be able to see her here. When I finally released her, I got a good look at her. She was wearing a pink oversized hoodie, and tied her hair up loosely, giving off a very casual feel but still looking good. She was also wearing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter