1.49 Minutes worth of threat.

One is good but Two is better. Or is it?

 

Taemin took a deep breath before he clicked on the much dreaded link. A window popped out and a video started buffering. He watched impatiently as the video loaded, his eyes fixed dead on the screen. The screen flinched for a millisecond before the video started playing.  
 
A Black Hudson Hornet stood in the middle of an empty foggy street. Soft glows of white light grazing its charcoal black exterior and highlighting the chrome lining of the vehicle. The chrome shone like the stars, blinding the viewer with its glory while the black faded into the dark night, making the vehicle more mysterious as it already is.  Antique street lights of permanent black lined up the lone lane with its gentle luminosity, as if its paving the viewer’s attention towards the motionless machine. The video then zoomed onto the right rear door of the Hornet.
 
A man emerged from the door. He wore a black top hat that held an equally dark ribbon on the rim. Coupled with the hat was a set of jet black suit that framed his lean body with much detail. A lengthy cloak hid his arms while a ghostly white scarf highlighted his flawless skin, making it look paler than it actually is. 
 
The man then toss the maple wood cane off his hands and walked to the middle of the street. Tossing his cloak and top hat aside as he did so. The cloaked enveloped the screen in a state of darkness as it transported the view to another scene.
 
The next scene was similar to the previous one only instead of the Hornet, it was replaced by a horse-drawn carriage. The male’s attire had changed too. Switching for a more modern look with just a black wife beater with an accommodating jacket. The long baggy pants before were replaced with white jeans with a modern cut and design.
 
Taemin finally get to see the features of the mysterious man as the video started focusing on the man’s face. That same hazel orbs that radiated, the same sharp and defined nose and the same plump lips. Taemin gaped at the shocking similarity.
Anyone, upon first glance, would think that that guy was Taemin. Dancing Machine of SHINee.
 
Only it wasn’t.
 
Taemin continued watching his look-a-like best friend dance to the music. Each step crisp and on beat to the music. He watched as streams of water left the dancer’s leg, creating stunning visuals of flowing liquid. The background changed with uneven intervals, yet his dancing was connected and smooth. Taemin felt a pang of jealousy hit him. Why wasn’t his debut teaser as glamorous as Kai’s? Wait does he even have a debut teaser? In sheer frustration, Taemin closed the window and turned off his laptop. He then jumped onto his bed and sulked.
 
He cuddled his pillow while burying his face into it, smelling the intoxicating fragrance of the pillow case. He closed his heavy eyes and collected his thoughts in the dark.
 
When he first heard that his best friend, Kai, is going to debut under SM. He felt so happy for him that they went out to celebrate despite his busy schedule. After all its their dream to debut as idols, even if they are not in the same group, at least they are under the same company.
 
“EXO…”, Taemin murmured. The name sounded exotic enough and definitely interesting to attract the fan’s attention. He wouldn’t have mind if it was gaining attention from fans of other groups but his Taemints? Hell no. He simply wouldn’t allow it. He felt insecure and threaten. It seems like everyone out there is forgetting his presence and seeing Kai as his replacement… 
 
Replacement.
 
He hated that word. No one can replace him. Or SHINee as a matter of fact. But all those online rumors about EXO replacing SHINee or SUJU is very unsettling. Still, what could he do? It is the fan’s choice to choose which fandom they want to be in. He could only blame himself for not being as good as Kai. 
 
Taemin’s thought lingered into the future . Would EXO be a big hit after they debut? What about the sunbae’s in Super Junior? Will they be forgotten just because they were on hiatus? Will everyone be so impressed by EXO that the rest of the groups in SM will be forgotten?  
 
He is afraid.
 
SM is known to produced top-notch idol groups and every group that it has produced now is a living example. And so will EXO.
 
He was so terrified of being overshadowed by EXO that he hasn’t watch any of the teasers posted by SM. He knew that once he watched it, inferiority and demoralization will take over him. And he was right.
 
The train of  negativity continued its course in Taemin’s thoughts, eventually tiring him out and sending him off to dreamland. 
 
Taemin woke up from light piercing thru his eyes. After a whole night of thinking and consideration, Taemin has decided to just let it go. There is no point in being afraid of something that has yet happened and instead, he should just use the time to brush up on his dancing skills.
 
Speaking of dancing, Taemin is looking forward to the SBS Gayo Daejun performance with Eunhyuk-hyung and Kai. ‘It is going to be a blast ! ’, Taemin though as he replayed the wicked choreography in his mind. With that vibrant thought, he leapt off his bed cheerfully

A/N : Sorry for not putting up the author's note the last time T_T i was in a rush when i posted it. So this fanfic is just sort of a channel to express how i feel about EXO using Kai and Taemin. There would be no boyXboy so sorry to the KaiMin shippers that are out there D: Feel free to leave me a comment on how you feel about SM'S EXO ^^