Go...

First Try At Idol & Me (Unfinished Story) ***Read Foreword**

“And the winner is,” Bobby stood with adrenaline pumping through his body.  No matter what name got called out, he was going to jump for joy.  He was excited that he got this far and nothing could destroy this moment.  He was utterly proud.  He was Bobby.

“Bobby.”

Events took a turn where instead of jumping for joy, his legs gave out and he couldn’t believe it.  After everything he has been through, Bobby is recognized for his craft and didn’t get by just because of his name or his company. He was legitimate.  Iron smiled as he crouched in front of Bobby to try to pull him up for a hug.

“You did it kid!”  All that Bobby could do was hug tightly and try to convince himself that everything was real.  He looked at the stage around him, happy to see all the faces of recognized and esteemed rappers giving him proud looks.  Nothing could destroy this moment.

It’s true that nothing could have destroyed Bobby in that moment.  The only thing or person that could was himself.


“Bobby, you’re getting out of control,” YG said with a firm tone as he looked at Bobby sitting on the other side of his desk.  Bobby just rolled his eyes as he shook his leg in annoyance.  “Soon I won’t be able to stop these articles from getting out and you’ll be ruined.”

“There is no way I can be ruined by some thing some random writer says,” Bobby retorted.

“Oh really?” YG replied with one eyebrow raised.  He typed something in his computer and sighed before reading.  “ ‘Tomorrow’s headline could be about your new diamond of the company.  We spotted Bobby with some ladies outside a club.  We know how horrible it would be if a scandal broke out, especially since your company gets a lot of heat for covering scandals.’ Blah blah blah.  Do you understand how pressing this situation is Bobby?  I can’t afford to keep covering for you.  I need you to promise me to fix your act or I’ll take the matter into my own hands.”  Bobby stood up from his chair and flashed YG a smile.

“Don’t worry sir, I’ll be on my super best behavior.  You got my word,” Bobby made a heart with his hands and winked at YG.  He just responded by massaging his temples and waving Bobby off with his hand.  “Great, see you later sir.”  Bobby ran out the room and went straight to his group’s practice room.  Matters into his own hands? He thought with a smirk on his face.

“Yeah, right,” he scoffed as he flew up the flight of stairs by skipping every other step, “what is he going to do?  Kick me out of the company?”  He shook his head as he opened the door to the practice room where the rest of the guys were practicing for their monthly evaluations.

“Yo, what happened?” Hanbin said as he greeted Bobby with their handshake.  “Are you in trouble again?”

“Nah, YG was just threatening me to be more of a poster boy,” Bobby said.  He got down on the floor to stretch with the rest of the members.  “Someone saw me outside with some people and tried to make some money out of it.”

“Maybe you should stay here and practice more to avoid that,” Jinhwan muttered under his breath.  Unfortunately for him, Bobby heard each word clearly.

“Excuse me,” Bobby said as he whipped his head to look at the older one.  “What did you say hyung?”  The room suddenly became a lot tenser than it already was.  Everyone in the room watched the two, ready to get in between if there was an altercation.  Bobby rose from where he was sitting to look at Jinhwan properly.  Jinhwan just stopped in place and looked back at Bobby with a soft look.

“Look Bobby, you know that we’re all proud of you for winning Show Me The Money.  We called you the second we got the word,” Jinhwan started, careful not to say anything too pressing.  “But, ever since you won, you’ve been acting different.  You aren’t coming to practice as much as you should, your music isn’t at the quality it usually is, and you know what else?  You just aren’t same Bobby you used to be.  You talk a lot more than you should and you’re just not holding yourself the way you should be.”  Jinhwan watched as every word he said to Bobby struck a cord in his body.  Bobby changed his expression from annoyed to angry and the blood was boiling all throughout his body.  Jinhwan just sighed as he knew that none of the words he said got through to Bobby the way he wanted it to.  The rest of the boys just watched in fear, hoping the situation would die down.

“This isn’t a hidden camera, is it?” Donghyuk asked Junhoe in a quiet whisper.

“Sadly, I don’t think it is.”

“You know what, hyung?” Bobby spat to Jinhwan with a different look in his eyes.  “Who gave you the right to say all that to me?  I don’t need your approval.  I already got it.  I don’t know if you’re just jealous or whatever, but you need to lay off and leave me alone.”  Jinhwan just sighed and closed his eyes in frustration.

“That’s not what I meant.”

“Oh, I know what you meant,” Bobby said as he grabbed his things and started to leave the room.  “You don’t need to tell me again.  I’m out of here.”  The first to get up was Yunhyeong and Hanbin, both trying to prevent Bobby from leaving.

“Hey, come on, we need to practice,” Yunhyeong started.  “Don’t do this right now.”  Hanbin was able to grab Bobby’s arm to keep him from walking out so soon.

“Dude, just calm down and practice with us.  Our monthly evaluations are next month and we can’t slip up if we want to debut with Winner hyungs.  Don’t you want to share a stage with Mino hyung?”  Bobby just scoffed and pulled his arm off of Hanbin.

“I’m going to the studio to work on the song.  Don’t follow me,” Bobby left the room and walked down the hall to get into a studio room to clean up the song they were going to use for the evaluation. 

“What the hell do they all know?”  Bobby shut the door and blasted the music as he sat back in his chair with a groan.  “They don’t know what they’re talking about.”


For the next week, Bobby spent his days preparing for the evaluations in the studio room and just working on his rap.  He barely saw the rest of the members and didn’t practice with them, worrying them.  They didn’t dare try to find him and get him back out of fear that he would throw a fit again and create something worse.  They just practiced on their own leaving a space for Bobby each time in case he did come.  While they all weren’t on the best of terms, they couldn’t afford to screw up any moment they had to perform with YG.  It could make our break their future at the company.

“Ok guys, one more time,” Hanbin said as he tried to catch his breath.

“No please, let us take a break for 5 minutes,” Chanwoo pleaded as he breathed heavily on the floor.  “I can’t feel my legs.”  Hanbin just sighed as he nodded and went to refresh himself.  He looked at the time, about to pass out as he read 2am.

“Tomorrow is our evaluation guys, we can’t afford to look bad.  We need to prove to YG that even though we lost, we’re still ready to debut at any time,” Hanbin said as he looked at his tired members.

“How are we going to look like a team though if Bobby hyung isn’t here?” Donghyuk asked concerned.  “We don’t know if he knows all the steps that well.”  Hanbin was about to try to offer some words to console the worried boy, but was interrupted to the door opening.  Every person turned their head to the sound and was all surprised to see Bobby swagger his way inside the practice room.

“Hey, guys, what’s up?” he said casually as he put his stuff down and began to stretch.  Everyone just stared at him in disbelief while he pretended that everything was fine.  He looked up to the stares of each boy and just smiled.  “Why is everyone staring at me?”

“Are you serious Bobby?” Jinhwan asked with anger beginning to rise.  “Our evaluation is tomorrow and we haven’t seen you all week for practice and you come in now to ask what is up?”  Each word Jinhwan said had to be forced out through his gritted teeth.  He has never been so angry.  Before Bobby could reply with a snappy comment, Junhoe butted in.

“Hey, we can talk about this later.  Since he is here now, can we just practice?” he pleaded looking at each of the elders’ eyes.  Hanbin just watched silently as he sat back against the mirrored wall.  Junhoe gave him a look for help and he just sighed as he got up to turn the music back on.

“Positions,” he demanded as he stood in the front of everyone.  Everyone scurried to their positions and Bobby just jogged to his place right next to Hanbin.  He smirked at him through the mirror and Hanbin just gave him a dead look to which Bobby was taken aback.  What is his problem? He thought.  As the music played, the members let the music take them as their body memorized every single step for the song.  The only person who couldn’t keep up, however, was Bobby.

Bobby struggled as he watched himself in the mirror, almost bumping into other members as he tried to match the beat of the song.  Fortunately for all of them, Bobby knew the moves, but wasn’t as quick or sharp as the rest of the group.  He tried to ignore it, but couldn’t help it, as the difference was clear between who was slacking.  Hanbin just watched as the song finished up and shook his head as the song ended.  Bobby refused to make any eye contact with the rest of the group, not ready to face the insults or the criticism.

“Well,” Hanbin started, “what the hell were you doing this week?”  Bobby just stared at ground and played with his shirt, trying to avoid any confrontation.  Hanbin, however, wasn’t having any of it and walked closer to Bobby.  “I asked you a question.  What the hell were you doing with all the time you had this week when you could have been here practicing with us?”  Hanbin was a foot away from Bobby, trying his best to keep his temper to avoid hitting Bobby.

“You think, you can talk big to all of us,” Hanbin spat as he gestured to the rest of the room, “and then not live up to your word?  How are you going to do this tomorrow?  How are you going to prove that you are actually the big shot you say you are?”  With those final words, Bobby finally looked up and glared at Hanbin.

“Who named you the person to try to talk to me?  Just because YG named you the leader?  You're nothing more than just some nagger.  I don’t need to listen to this,” Bobby was about to turn to leave when Jinhwan grabbed his arm.

“No, this time you’re staying and we’re leaving,” Junhoe looked to the rest of the members to gather their stuff.  Hanbin just scoffed and grabbed his stuff before leaving the room.  Bobby just looked at him in disbelief.  “You are going to practice until you get while we all get something to eat, something we all deserve for working hard.”  Junhoe grabbed his stuff and just patted his shoulder before closing the door behind him.  He looked through the window and saw Bobby kick the floor as he walked around.

"Come on hyung, don't throw it all away right now."  Junhoe walked away with a sigh before jogging to catch up with the rest of the members.

Bobby just stared at himself in the mirror as the only person left in the room.  What is their problem? He thought.  I’ll be fine.  I’ll get it done, but why are they being such hard asses?  It’s honestly not that big of a deal.  He shook his head as he played the music again and practiced alone for the rest of the night.


“Wake up.”  Bobby woke up to a light kick on his side and tried to rub the sleep off his eyes.  Junhoe looked down at Bobby, not sure if he was ready for the performance today.  He was deeply concerned about Bobby's wellbeing and it crushed him to see Bobby going downhill.  He didn't want Bobby to throw it all away after all he has accomplished.  When Bobby was finally able to fully open his eyes, he saw Junhoe staring down at him.  “You have to get ready now.  We perform in 2 hours.”  Junhoe left after and left Bobby to just stare up at the ceiling.  Sorry, hyung, Junhow thought, but it seems you only respond to harshness these days.

“What the hell?” Bobby muttered to himself.  He sat up and looked around to see that he was still in the practice room alone.  He stood up and groaned in pain as his back took the toll from sleeping on the hard ground.  He stretched and turned around to look in the mirror, jumping at the ugly scene before him.

“Damn boy,” Bobby just shook his head before grabbing some whatever from his bag to drink as he walked out.  “Damn, that water tastes funky,” he said as he shuddered and downed the drink.  He went to meet up the rest of the members at the YG cafeteria and sat down next to Chanwoo.

“What’s up maknae?”  Chanwoo just nodded his head and continued to eat, not giving Bobby a proper response.  “Fine then.”  Bobby ate silently with the rest of the boys, creating an awkward aura around them.  He looked around and counted, seeing that the table was one man too short.

“Where is—“ Bobby was cut off to the sound of a tray being set down next to him.  He looked up and saw Hanbin sit down beside him without making eye contact.  Bobby just looked at Hanbin, waiting for an apology from the younger boy.

“Well,” Hanbin started as he put food in his mouth, “are you ready?”  Bobby just rolled his eyes and continued to eat, not answering Hanbin’s question.  “You better be because I heard that other people will be there today to judge us, so all of you,” he said this time addressing the entire table, “give it your all.  YG let us eat here today for that special reason.”  The boys just nodded their heads and continued to eat.

“We’ll be fine,” Bobby said as he got up after finishing his food.  However, he stumbled a bit and started seeing two Hanbins in front of him.  He rubbed his eyes and his vision went back to normal.  “Damn,” he said as he walked off to get dressed for their performance.

“Is he going to be okay?” Donghyuk asked Hanbin with a worried tone.  “He seems a little off.”

“He’s been off for a while, but we just have to hope for the best,” he gave a reassuring look to Junhoe.  “Come on guys, we need to prepare.”  They all finished up and left to return to the practice rooms and prepare for their evaluations, all hoping that Bobby was good enough to perform with all of them.

Unfortunately for all of them, that wasn’t the case.  Bobby was hugging the toilet bowl as he threw up all the food he just ate.

“What the hell is wrong with me?” he asked himself and grabbed the bottle of water he drank this morning, groaning as he read the label.  The night before YG threatened him, he stole some bottles of liquor from a club with other rappers and kept it in their bag.  They were supposed to go drinking at the river, but he noticed some photographers following him and decided to go back to the dorms.  He forgot to clean out his bag before going to practice the next day, to his dismay.  Bobby stood up from the bowl and stumbled to the sink, splashing water on his face to try to get rid of the redness that was spread across his face.

“They’re going to kill me,” he said at his reflection before rushing out of the bathroom to meet the members in the practice room to stretch.


“Ok, thanks girls, now can we have Team B here?” one of the judges asked after complimenting the trianees for their performance.  Hanbin stood up first and went to prepare the song they had at the stereo.  The rest of the members stood in their positions and Hanbin stood in front to introduce their work.

“We’ll be showing our vocal and dance skills with a remix to Michael Jackson’s songs.  Please enjoy and look forward to our performance,” Hanbin said as he went to stand in his position.

“Are you missing someone or are there only supposed to be 6 people for this moment?” YG said with his legs crossed.  “Because I’m not counting 7 people here right now.”  Hanbin cursed under his breath as he looked up to answer YG.

“Um, well you see sir,” he started, trying to stall.  “We, uh, have—“ Hanbin was cut off to the raised hand of YG.

“Please state your name so we can see who is missing today.”  The boys looked around at each other and sighed in defeat.  Where are you Bobby? Hanbin thought angrily.

“Jung Chanwoo.”  Bobby hyung, please

“Goo Junhoe.”  YG is giving you a chance right now.

“Kim Donghyuk.”  What are you doing right now?

“Kim Hanbin.”  You’re really pushing it.

“Song Yunhyeong.”  Come on dude, don’t do this.

“Kim Jinhwan.”  Bobby, what happened to you?

“It seems that Bobby isn’t here today,” YG said as he wrote on his clipboard.  “Alright, the 6 of you just perform as if he was here.  I will—” YG was cut off to the sound of the door slamming open.

“Hey guys!” Bobby exclaimed.  “Sorry I’m late.  I just had to do some stuff.”  He giggled and threw his stuff to the side.  YG eyed him suspiciously and let Bobby continue on.  He skipped to his position and smiled at everyone.  “Let’s go!” he said as he hiccupped.  Hanbin looked at YG for help and he just waved his hand to let them continue on, curious to see how this would all turn out.  Hanbin just sighed and looked at the other members to get them ready before giving the signal to the worker to play their song.  While everyone wished that Bobby was able to perform perfectly despite his behavior, but that wasn’t the case.

The rest of the boys tried their best to perform with all they had, but had to do so by avoiding Bobby’s constant stumbles.  Every time Bobby moved, he laughed as he tripped over his own feet. 

“Careful guys,” he whispered to all of them with a goofy smile.  The music was suddenly caught by YG, but not before Bobby bumped into Hanbin.  “Ouch, why is the room spinning?”  The last thing Bobby saw before falling to the ground was YG’s blank stare at him.


Bobby groaned as rubbed his forehead, feeling the raging hangover upon him.

“Dammit,” he cursed as he sat up on the couch, immediately recognizing where he was by the carpeting.

“Dammit indeed Bobby,” YG said as he closed the book he was writing in.  Bobby stood up from the couch and went to sit at the chair in front of YG’s desk.  “I have had enough of you.”

“There is a misunderstanding sir,” Bobby started, “I accidently drank something else before the evaluation.  I had no intention of showing up drunk.”

“Yes, Bobby, but how did you get your hands on the substance in the first place?  How were you capable of getting drunk anyways?” YG clasped his hands together and stared Bobby down who just played with his own hands in his lap.

“Exactly,” YG said with a sigh.  "I can't believe your behavior and it has reached the final straw.  Drinking and getting drunk in front of all your respected seniors?  Is this the type of idol you want to be?  The idiot type?  I don't care if it wasn't supposed to happen, but the fact that you had all of this in possession and were planning to do something with it is completely unacceptable."  He unclasped his hands and rested them on his lap as he lay back in his chair.  “You leave me no choice Bobby.”  Bobby looked up curiously, waiting for his final judgment.

“You’re going home.”


Hey guys! This is my next story and it's dedicated to a friend of mine ^^  I'll be writing between this story and my other one so please comment and subscribe.  I'm excited to write this story and I hope you all enjoy =)  Thanks and happy new year!