Final

Ten Bucks

MinSeok sat in the same booth he did everyday. Everyday he would come to the same café, sit in the same booth which was near the counter and had a clear view of the whole café, and order the same thing. He would tell himself that it was the coffee and the atmosphere that made him come back everyday. Never would he admit that the real reason for his frequent visits was the cute, bubbly server with the most adorable smile on the whole planet.

So as he sat down once again, he pulled out the book he was currently reading and convinced himself that he was there because this was a calm and enjoyable place to read a book.

He had barely gotten thought three lines, as he kept glancing up to see where the server was, when the boy finally made his way to MinSeok. He had efficiently skipped the "May I take your order?" and decided to come to MinSeok with his usual order and one of those heart breaking smiles.

"Thanks." MinSeok murmured, shooting a quick smile of his own and an unwilling blush towards the boy.

"No problem~" The boy said, taking a seat opposite MinSeok.

Realising the unexpected change in their routine, a flustered MinSeok looked up questioningly at the boy.

"I'm JongDae." The boy introduced himself, extending a hand across the small table for MinSeok to shake.

A long moment of painfully awkward silence passed before MinSeok pulled himself together and briefly shook the hand.

"Uh- Hi, I'm MinSeok."

JongDae smiled wider, making MinSeok unknowingly blush even brighter.

The smile turned into a small smirk as JongDae said, "Just thought I'd introduce myself, you know? 'Cuz you come here so often and I know your order off by heart."

MinSeok looked down, a smile finally breaking out onto his face.

"Yeah," he laughed nervously, "Well, it's nice to meet you JongDae."

"You too." JongDae said before he suddenly got up. 

"I should be getting back to work now. See you later, MinSeok."

MinSeok stared down at his coffee as JongDae made his way back behind the counter. Had that actually happened? After days of secretly watching the boy and crushing over him, he'd actually approached him?

MinSeok pulled his phone out as soon as what just happened had finally sunk in, ready to text his best friend, LuHan.

He was halfway through the text when he heard the quiet whispers of what sounded like JongDae and the other server that was usually on shifts with him.

"I told you I'd get his name!" JongDae whispered, unaware that MinSeok was near enough to the counter that he could hear their conversation if he strained enough.

"What's his name then?" The other server asked.

"MinSeok." JongDae replied. "Now give me my ten bucks."

"How do I know you're not just making it up?" Was the sceptical response.

"Go ask him.'

"Fine, fine. Here."

MinSeok heard a quiet rustling which must have been the ten dollar note and the noise of JongDae laughing quietly before walking away.

MinSeok looked back at the text he was about to send and quickly deleted it, shoving his book in his bag and leaving his untouched coffee and a ten dollar bill on the table as he stormed out.

JongDae could keep the damn change.

MinSeok didn't know why he was so angry. He shouldn't have been this angry. Maybe it was the fact that the one time he would let his guard down slightly, starting to think someone would actually be somehow interested in him, that someone would have an ulterior motive. For MinSeok, it seemed like his luck had never been or never would be present for his love life.

MinSeok kicked at a rock as he walked home, opting to take the route on foot instead of by bus so that he could cool off.

JongDae didn't matter anyway, he told himself. His smile didn't matter, nor did his perfect hair or even the ever present sparkle in his eyes.

Bottom line; JongDae didn't matter at all to MinSeok and he wasn't going to go back to that café ever again.

Which is why MinSeok hated himself when he stepped into the same damned café two weeks later.

He'd held himself back so well. But he needed to see JongDae, no matter how much of an move he had played out.

MinSeok sat in the same booth yet again. He didn't have to wait long before JongDae appeared with his usual Cappuccino and a slightly concerned look.

"I wanted an Americano." MinSeok said before JongDae could say anything.

JongDae looked taken aback for a second before he put the coffee down on the table and sat across from MinSeok.

"Are you alright?" JongDae asked uncertainly.

"Why wouldn't i be?" MinSeok tried not to glare, he really did, but he couldn't really control it anymore.

"Uhm... You haven't been here for like two weeks and you usually take a Cappuccino and I just thought..." JongDae trailed off, not really knowing what to say to justify his concern.

JongDae sighed when MinSeok did nothing but glare.

"Did I do something wrong? Can you just tell me what I did wrong?" JongDae tried.

"I'll bet you ten bucks you could figure it out yourself."

 

•••

A/N: 

(And then JongDae loves him too and they get married. Duh.)

Ok idk what this is... Don't judge lmao