Part II

[Markjin] I Know

The group spent a loud evening together. When the pizza came, they finally sat down properly, clearly hungry from all the hiatus earlier. As usual, the table was full of chatter and meaningless bickering, topics jumping from one to another.

“Yah BamBam, you already ate that classical flavour! Leave that slice for me!”

“So what? You’re drinking from my Choco drink, be thankful. Seriously are you a man? Go for other flavours! I’m faster, live with it.”

“Woah! I paid for all the drinks! You’re digging from my pocket! I’ve never even seen the existence of your wallet!”

“Hey hey hey, if that’s said, then basically these pizzas are all mine right? Wind’em up boys.” Jackson made a dramatic gesture toward the whole table, which everyone just ignored completely, except for one person who’s eating furiously, now stopped abruptly.

“Antue! Then hyung, split me the money later, I’ll take half of these. I’m starving here.” Youngjae mumbled with his cheeks full of food while looking cautiously at Jackson.

“A Maaaan? Wanna see who’s a man? Get out of your pants later BamBam, we’ll see for sure who’s more of a man.”

“You don’t even have to make an appointment for that, we’re gonna do Russian Roulette in front of these old dudes later anyways.” BamBam winked, then made a good dab with Yugyeom.

As always, the maknaes’ will fight over some random topic, and end it with mischievous plans to annoy the hyungs together, that’s why they rarely fight even thought they argue almost every second of the day. They’ve once claimed that ‘Birds of the same feather have to stick together!’. Obviously being the 2 maknaes made BamBam and Yugyeom feel like they’re some endangered species that need to stick to each other for mutual protection.

“Now, before we lose our appetite for further information regarding the plans after dinner of the 2 maknaes, what are you kids planning to do on the 3 days off?” Jaebum raised his voice after throwing a disgusted look at the two.

“Sleep.” Mark said almost immediately. Well, they all knew of Mark’s simple happiness in life. He would just stay in his room, or wander around the house for the whole day and enjoy himself perfectly fine.

“Video games??” And of course, there’s Youngjae’s lame happiness in life.

“We don’t know yet, but sure as hell me and BamBam are not gonna stay at the dorm. There are tons of cool places to fool around anyway.” Yugyeom slurped from his drink.

“Sign me in then! BamBam ah, you remember you lost hyung that bet? I swear I’m making you go into that haunted house if it’s the last thing I do!” Jackson laughed mercilessly at a pouting BamBam.

“Ah seriously! Hyung you only remember these things!” BamBam wined defeated, looking miserable more than ever.

“U-Uh. Don’t give the puppy face with Wang puppy. Ain’t gonna work babe~”

“Heol~ That means every men on his own for 3 days? Hey, how about we stay up late together to watch a horror movie tonight??” Yugyeom suggested eagerly.

“Yah yah yah, you guys do whatever you want, just don’t make noise, I’m going to sleep early to head home tomorrow morning, cousin’s birthday, so don’t disturb.” Jaebum blankly stated, chopping on his ramen.

“Woah! Lucky you! I even got extra schedule during holiday!” Jinyoung exclaimed.

“What the ?” Mark blinked in surprise, blurted out in his mother language.

Jaebum nearly choked on his ramen. Mouth still full of food, he managed to look up at Jinyoung with snail eyes.

“Exactly, I’m having script reading for ‘Legend of the Blue sea’, couldn’t choose a better day.” He made a pout.

“Oh my gawwwd hyung! I feel so bad for you right now.” Youngjae blasted his abnormally loud voice, looking totally be whelmed.

“Haha, that somewhat sound so sarcastic Youngjae ah.” Jinyoung stick his tongue out and made a derp face towards Youngjae.

“But seriously hyung, I’ll be wrecked if I were you.” BamBam said in aw.

“Yeah~ Here I am, working extra hard to make money so you kids can play in peace. Be grateful! Aish, now I truly feel like a mother.”  Jinyoung said painfully, placing his hand on his forehead for extra drama.

“Nah, you just feel like that because you’re old and grumpy all the time.” Yugyeom giggled.

“Yah, Kim Yugyeom watch your mouth!”

Dinner went on with much chatting and threatening, and soon after everyone had finished eating and gone through their evening routine, they gathered in front of the TV for movie at 10 (except for Jaebum who had been packing some stuff and turned in early). Mark, Jackson and Yugyeom were most excited for the horror movie, BamBam seemed nervous, though he’s always too curious to back out from it. Jackson happily found the dvd, Youngjae spread all the snacks he could gather on the table, and Mark quickly hopped on the couch next to Jinyoung, being touchy with the dongsaeng as usual.

They turned off all the lights, and the film started. Everyone was dead focus to it, the sound effect from the movie did it’s job to make everyone hung their breaths and followed it closely, well, except for Jinyoung. Sitting in the dark room on the comfy couch, with only the light flashing from the television, he couldn’t help but feel drowsy and soon was drifted from the movie.

Playing with the guys always make Jinyoung feel better, that’s why he could hide his small feelings so well in front of the group. Because watching them being total jerks actually helped him toss some of his trouble to the back of his head for a while and join their fun. But it didn’t mean Jinyoung won’t feel any bit tired or lonely hiding his feelings from them.

And there’s the catch for not staying focus while watching a horror movie. Everyone should know that awfully quiet or alarming moments in these movies that something would bound to show up and scare the hell out of you.

Naturally, when these part comes, everybody will be prepared, like BamBam who was covering his eyes with his hands (but then spread all of his fingers so he could see through the gaps), Youngjae who was holding his pillow tight, unsure whether to hide his face or not, Jackson, Mark and Yugyeom with their eyes wide opened, staring intensely at the TV.  

And there was Park Jinyoung, still looking straight at the screen with a dumb-found expression, totally unprepared since his mind was floating all over the place. As a result, when the so-called creepy puppet face appeared with a life-threatening sound, along with the mixture of screams such as:

“Oh !!”

“WOAHHHHHHHH!”

“AAAaaahhh jaebal!~”

“Daebak~ So amazing~”

only then, Jinyoung literally jumped from his seat, the poor guy was attacked right in the face. Jinyoung breath out “Ahh~ kkamjjagiya….” while holding his chest.

“Ugh.. Ouch..” Jinyoung looked to his side to see Mark who was holding his forehead and rubbing it, his face slightly scrunched up in pain.

“Oh my gosh! I’m so sorry hyung! Are you alright?”

Now Jinyoung recalled the situation when he was so startled, his arms and legs flew up from the sit, he did remember his elbow hitting something…

Jinyoung usually will also cling onto something during a scary movie, and he would probably be pretty scared too. But not to the extend of BamBam or Youngjae, let alone flying off the couch like this.

“Ani ani, it’s not that bad, it’s fine” Mark quickly waved his hands, a sheepish smile on his face.

Jinyoung bit his lips, he wanted to say something, but then he realized they were still in the middle of a movie. He quiet down and glanced back to the screen.

After that incident, Jinyoung tried his best to focus more on the movie just so he won’t hurt anyone or break anything. Although he still got scared by surprise like that a couple more times, Jinyoung managed to keep his arms and legs to himself, only not his mind. He was still spaced out most of the time, that he did not notice there was a soft pair of eyes started to glance over his side every few seconds of the movie.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

When the film finally ended, everyone let out signs of relief, yawning and stretching their back, all ready to sleep.

“I’m so glad I’m sleeping with Yugyeom, he’s not affected at all, at least I’ll feel more secured…” BamBam said, gathering the empty packs of snacks and threw them in the garbage can.

“I’m so glad that I’m so sleepy, I would sleep right when I hit my pillow. The thoughts won’t come in time to scare me, haha..” Youngjae hugged his pillow and walked with half-closed eyes to his room.

“Ahh… I got you a bruise, does it hurt Mark hyung?” Jinyoung noticed a light purple area on his hyung’s forehead, which reminded him that an elbow hit can be quite hard.

“Really?? It doesn’t hurt anymore, if you don’t say I bet I can’t even make it out.” Mark’s eyes darted to the top of his head, hands searching for the area.

“Of course you can’t make it out silly, it’s on your forehead.” Jinyoung chuckled.

“Ah, right ^_^ Anyway, it’s late now, let’s go to sleep. Have a good sleep Jinyoungie.”

“Hmm~ Sure I will, good night hyung!” They were both at their doorsteps to their room now,  Jinyoung made a last eye smile to Mark before closing his door.

“… You say it. Good night!” Mark smiled back, and for some reason, he stayed still. It was a couple of second until Jinyoung realized that Mark probably won’t turn in until he close the door, his hyung was waiting for him to go first. Jinyoung slowly closed the door, crawl into the mattress and turn off the lamp at the side of his bed. Only then, he heard the closing sound of the door from Mark’s room.

Jinyoung felt weird. And most weirdly, he did have a lot on his mind, but somehow, Jinyoung did manage to get some sleep that night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's not over yet guys~~ :3