Part I

[Markjin] I Know

“Seriously? In the middle of the comeback??”

“Yeah, I’m sure. It’s hard to believe right? But I think we did a good job this comeback with 4 trophies till now so we get 3 days off. Honestly I’m still finding it weird, but, all thanks to our fans.” Jaebum smiled thankfully.

Jinyoung pasted a wide smile on his face. That’s right, it was all thanks to their lovely fans. He was already extremely thankful for the trophies, but now they even brought them 3 days off. That’s the most precious gift he could ever ask for, specially when Jinyoung had been missing his family a lot these days.

Maybe it was because the sad book about family he read the other day, or because he hadn’t been home for quite a long time, but indeed this was one of those times when he felt such strong urge to meet his parents.

Jaebum informed the whole group about the situation. Sure enough, there was a burst of shouts and hurrays blasting from the group immediately. All kinds of laughter mixed together into a bizarre noise, and when one of them started to say ‘Ahgase! Ahgase! Ahgase!..’ they ended up trending that word (more like shouting) all the way to the building’s exit.

They even passed Nichkhun and Taecyeon sunbaenim on the hall way. The elders looked at them and laughed in amuse.

“This scene can only mean one thing. Getting a break am I right?” Taecyeon hyung smiled in an as-a-matter-of-fact face.

Another roar of shrieks and whistle in excitement just as the group heard the word ‘break’, dancing pass the 2 brothers goofily.

“Look at them. Yah kids! I’m jealous!” Nichkhun shouted back as they skipped towards the hall like little teenage girls.

They remain in that state of a mess when they got in the car, blasting music, singing and dancing like there’s no tomorrow.

And then when they were at the dorm, STILL dancing and singing on the sofa (Jackson with his shirt swirling on his hand like a cowboy), Jinyoung ran to a little more quiet corner of the room to make a phone call home. His face still shining with happiness, eyes sparkling as if stars never shone brighter as he looked towards the rest of the members, smiling. Mark caught his loving gaze in the middle of the crazies and smiled back at him widely, eyes glistening with joy while he shouted along Super Junior sunbaenim’s Happiness.

“Ah! Uri Jinyoungie! Are you doing well? I’ve missed you so much!”

“Omma! I missed you too! I’m doing fine here. Sorry if it’s hard to listen, the guys are going a bit wild today.”

“- Ohh it’s alright, you kids are young, as long as you don’t get hurt and don’t hurt anyone, just play as hard as you can. Are the kids healthy? Are there too many schedules? We’ve been following the comeback, it’s daebak! Make sure to feed them and yourself well Jinyoung ah, and don’t forget to dress a lot, it’s getting cold-

 - You’re pampering him again Jinyoung’s omma. He’s my son, he can surely take care of himself and those hype kids.”

“Anyeong appa~ Where are my sisters?”

“Aigoo, it’s because he’s your son that’s why I’m worried, always think you can handle everything by yourself. Your sisters are out to buy me some stuff at the grocery store, dear. They should be home soon *cough cough*”

“Omma, are you unwell?” Jinyoung heard his mom’s suppressed voice, hissing a soft “I’m fine” through the phone.

“- Your mother is having a cold Jinyoung ah, it’s been nearly a week now. It’s nothing too serious, but we’re trying to chase if off. (Author’s note: I’m soooo sorry Omma >””< For story purpose only, and I assure you it’s nothing severe!)

 - Why are you worrying our son, he will over-think! You really *cough.. don’t know anything.. *cough cough*

 - He needs to know, he’s called us anyway, I just want to keep him up with the news!”

 “Of course I want to know omma, always tell me everything at home. I’m sorry, I should’ve called earlier. Omma, are you wearing thick? Appa, what about you?”

“It’s fine honey, don’t jump in a rush~ Your sisters are buying some groceries and medicines, it’s just a cold. Your father and I are perfectly fine, what can possibly do harm to this old man. It’s you that we’re worried about.”

Jinyoung could almost see her face in front of him, smiling gently as she tries to sooth his worries, his heart sunk deep against his chest. His hands tightens around the phone, then he remembers the reason he was calling them, voice raised again emotionally.

“Don’t worry omma, you just need to stay put and take real good care of yourself, because I’m gonna-”

“Jinyoung ah, do you have a moment? I need to have a quick word, I’m leaving now so please be hurry.” Their manager suddenly appeared, rushing through the room to get ready.

“Oh… ok. Wait guys, I’ll be back in a moment!”

“It’s ok, take your time Jinyoungie.”

Jinyoung hang his phone and went into the room where their manager was still gathering his stuff to depart.

“Ah, there you are. Change of schedule. You’re called for Script reading for ‘Legend of the Blue Sea’ the day after tomorrow Jinyoung ah. I’m sorry for your break.” He managed to look up to Jinyoung thoughtfully before continuing with the rush.

“What?..”

Jinyoung said quietly. His face still looked calm, with a hint of surprise. But God knows how frozen he was inside. 

At the very last minute…

“Yeah. I’ve also just got the news, it should be around noon and also the morning after that. They did apologize for the sudden schedule. It wasn’t supposed to be this soon, but all the actors are free on those days, if later will be a bit difficult to arrange so~ Now I’m heading to the company to take care of some business for your new schedule. Don’t feel too bad ok!”

“Bye hyung.” He pated Jinyoung’s shoulder and quickly head outside.

Jinyoung sat on the bed, then lay down facing the ceiling. Just a few minutes ago he was on the verge of skipping to his room, packing all his stuff to head home to his family first thing tomorrow morning. But now he was left not knowing what to do. He felt completely empty. Jinyoung knew he would have to spend the whole time revising the script and get into feelings before actually reading through it with everyone the day after, so his first 2 days are gone. He’s left with less than one day, which is too short for traveling back and forth between Jinhae and Seoul.

What am I supposed do with that much time, kiss, hug, wave goodbye and head back to Seol?

After a few minutes just laying there blankly (that he didn’t know exactly how long), Jinyoung remembered that his parents were waiting for his call. He scrambled for the phone and take a deep breath before connecting.

“Ah, you finally call back!”

“Omma, sorry that took longer than expected, we were arranging some schedule with manager hyung.”

“No worries son, we weren’t actually THAT obsessed with your call. Hahahaha~” Hearing his dad’s laughter, Jinyoung smiled, a mixed feeling of relieved and sadness lightly tugged his heart.

“Aigoo this man. So, what were you trying to tell us earlier dear?”

“Oh,  I was just… telling you guys to take good care of yourselves while I’m not there, that’s all.”

“… Honey is everything ok? Did something happen?”

“Nothing in particular, I’m just feeling a little bad because I couldn’t be home and take care of you.”

“See! I told you he’d over think! Gwenchana Jinyoung, we’re fine when you kids are fine, remember that!”

It was the truth though, just not the whole story. Lying to his mother is the most meaningless thing for him to do. She can easily sense it if he was sad or whenever he lies, and Jinyoung knows that (Come to think of it, it’s likely that Jinyoung inherited his sensitivity from his mother). Fortunately she couldn’t see his face through the phone, or else he’d probably not get away with it. Jinyoung let out a soft chuckle at this.

“Araso omma, we’re all fine so you have to keep your words. And tell appa to take care too.”

“WHO WANTS  PIZZA??? DINNER IS. ON. WANG. JACKSON!”

“- Hahaha~ I’m happy to see that. Now you go play along with them, don’t worry too much, we’ll take extra care just for you. Jinyoung’s appa! Let’s say goodbye to our son. Annyeong Jinyoung ah!~

 - Annyeong uri Jinyoungie~”

“Bye bye~”

Jinyoung stared at the ceiling. Well, at least I didn’t tell them I almost got to go home, so I didn’t have to be a party popper later on, Jinyoung thought to himself. Because when you nearly got what you desired and then it slipped away just the tip of your grab, damn that feels miserable.

“Jinyoungie~ What are you doing in here? Jackson called Pizza, let’s go out and eat together!” Mark peeked through the opened door playfully, voice clearly in a good mood.

“Wa..? Oh, sure, coming.” Jinyoung realized he had been staring at the walls with his mouth gaped opened, looking pretty much like an unintelligent creature. He smiled it off shyly and got up to follow his hyung down stairs. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So finally! My second fanfic! I've been working on it for sometimes now but I just couldn't finish it because Im too lazy ^^' So I posted part of it first, since my reader will be my motivation to get more ideas~ Please share your thoughts in the comments :))

Hope you enjoy <3