how we met

For awhile; someone died tonight

The sun was shining brightly and everything seem to be going perfectly for Seungkwan. He woke up in the morning without any trouble or the urge to go back to sleep and manage to go through his morning routine without anything going wrong. Usually, there was sure to be one or two mistakes, maybe none but today was different. He felt how everything seem to be going well for him.

 

He thought about the what if’s of something going wrong since it's being going so right. How believable was it that he had gotten the first bus without having to wait for so long like he always does and he had even gotten a nice seat by the window. Sure, this seem like little things that don't really matter but to Seungkwan, the little things in life are those which can mean so much.

 

He was walking down the pathway to the café when his eyes catch a paper on the floor. He looks at it for a few seconds before bending down to pick up the paper. He almost fell on his when he notice how the paper is actually ten dollar. Seungkwan discreetly looks around at his surrounding, anticipating for someone to jump out at him. There wasn't anything suspicious so he stands with money still in his hand.

 

“Today must be an extremely good day. I can buy so much with this money.” He smiles at himself before walking toward the direction of the café. The money he found is enough to buy him a cup of coffee and a muffin. It would be enough to fill his stomach and make himself happy.

 

As soon as he steps foot in the café, he was hit with the strong scent of freshly brewed coffee. It made him smile. Seungkwan walks to the counter, eyes going through the menu than the pastry that was put in display. He couldn't choose what to buy, he had enough to buy any one of the coffee beverages along with a pastry and still have change to spare. The young lady behind the counter offers him a kind smile when he proceed to order.

 

Seungkwan was swinging back and forth, waiting for his drink to come while he already has his pastry in hand. Minutes later, he received his coffee. There’s still a few dollars and cents left from the money he found. He kept it in his pocket and thanked the young lady before walking to an empty table. The cafe isn't full yet, he wasn't surprised since it's around ten in the morning. Most people are probably at work right now.

 

He finds a perfect seat that's beside the window. It has the view of the street, people walking and the shop lots. He enjoy watching the world in front of him. It was nice trying to figure out what one's life holds, what they do or what they're thinking. Of course, he couldn't figure out exactly about their life but just making up his own little tale about them is fun enough.

 

Just then, he notice someone across the street. A boy who he assume is around his age. He doesn't look like a local, in fact, he looks quite American. His skin is fair and his hair was black or brown, he wasn’t really sure. He wore a full on black outfit. Seungkwan thought that the boy seems like the kind he would call a boii. The way he walked and the sly smirk on his face. He found it more annoying as his eyes follows the boy till he was out of sight. But he was cute.

 

Seungkwan attention goes back to his cup of coffee. He sips it, enjoying the warm liquid traveling down his throat. He felt the warmth radiating through his body. He takes a bite off his breakfast muffin. It taste good and it made him smile at every bite. The soft music of piano playing the background made the whole environment more comfortable. He continues to drink and eat while enjoying the peacefulness in the café.

 

The bell above the café door rings, indicating a customer. Seungkwan paid no attention to it, just like the other rings he had choose to ignore. After awhile, he lift his head up and his eyes catches a glance of someone in black. His eyes focuses on the person who’s walking towards the counter. He remembers the boy from across the street. The boii.

 

For some reason, his eyes remained glued on the stranger. Once the boy had gotten his drink, he turns around and search the cafe for a spot to sit. Seungkwan took this as a moment to let his eyes linger and take notes on every detail. He notice the small smile the boy’s face, his eyes are a deep brown. The boy held a cup of coffee or it could a different hot beverage. Either way, he found himself wanting to know more than his appearance.

 

The way the stranger carries himself isn’t like the other people he had seen today. But he couldn’t put that as a judgment since the others didn’t catch his attention like this boy had done. Seungkwan continues to stare at him with no shame but eyes filled with curiosity. What is his story?

 

The strangers looks at the table near him and instantly, his eyes lands on Seungkwan who's bluntly staring straight at him. The boy looks over his shoulder, assuming that the person was looking behind him but there isn’t anyone there. He walks away from the counter, his confusion only seem to rise when Seungkwan’s gaze follows him.

 

Seungkwan didn't notice how the stranger he's been staring at is walking closer to his table. His view of the boy is becoming closer, it didn't give him any sort of reaction till the boy arrives and stand in front of him.

 

Is this seat taken?

 

Those words made Seungkwan snap out of his trance state. He quickly nodded his head. The sound of the boy's voice sent chills down his spine. The husky but smooth voice made him want to listen to every word the boy spoke. He look at the boy who chooses to seat opposite him.

 

A wide smile is plastered on the boy's face as he looks at Seungkwan. “Hi, I'm Vernon.” He introduces himself. There was no response from Seungkwan who stares at him in a mildly shock expression. “Uh, are you okay?” Vernon asked.

 

Seungkwan nodded his head, “I'm Seungkwan.” He said in one breathe and his cheeks was flushed in a tint of rosy pink. Vernon laughs slightly at the flustered boy opposite him.

 

This wasn't something Seungkwan had expected. He judged him, assumed him of being a person he couldn't quite see now. Vernon doesn't feel like the others and he just seems nice. He wanted to know more, not just his name or minor details but more. He wanted to know everything that made him happy and what makes him feel sad. Seungkwan mentally promised to know more about Vernon. He wasn't going to let him go.