Chapter 2

Fall to Pieces

Chapter 2: 

It's been a week since Sehun talked to me while he thought I was asleep. It's been a week since the incident. It's also been a week since he started ignoring me, like I don't exist inside the pack. At least I still get to see him, right?

I've been trying to talk to him, but it's like talking to the air.

"Sehun-ah, please talk to me," I knocked on the door of the guest room. He's been staying here since the incident, "Sehun....."

Suddenly, the door flew open. He's standing right before me, dressed in an aqua colored button down shirt, and black jeans. His hair is fixed to an upswept style, "W-where are you going?"

He walked past me, ignoring my question. I looked at him walk down the stairs.

"Where are you going, Sehun?" Suho asked, "Why are you so dressed up?"

Yeah, why?

"I'm going over to Irene's. I won't eat dinner here tonight," He simply answered and walked out of the house. Suho saw me looking at him, and he immediately climbed the stairs to approach me. I gave him a smile before he could even say a word and went to the room that Sehun and I were supposed to share. I cried myself to sleep again that night.

The next day, Xiumin and I were assigned to do the laundry. He's actually doing a pretty great job distracting me from Sehun when I spotted a familiar shirt. It was the shirt that Sehun wore last night, but another scent lingers.

"Minnie, this is Sehun's right?" I asked him to confirm it for me.

"Yeah, why'd you ask?" He answered and took the shirt to sniff it a bit, "But why does Irene's scent linger on this shirt?"

So I was right. I took the shirt back and saw a lipstick stain on the collar, "He was with her last night."

"That brat," He groaned in annoyance, "I swear I'm going to punch that kid later."

"Don't. It's okay," I lied, and went back to sorting the clothes before washing them. After a few hours, we were finally done. Doing the laundry with Xiumin is faster than when I'm doing it with Sehun. It usually takes us until the afternoon, but Xiumin and I are already done before lunch, "That was fast. Thanks, minnie."

"No worries," Xiumin patted my head before we leave the laundry area, "Come on. Let's get something to eat."

"I was just about to call you. It's time for lunch," Kyungsoo told us as we entered the kitchen. Xiumin and I helped him put the foods on the table before sitting on the chairs. They all looked at me, and smiled in pity. I glared at Xiumin. He told them about the shirt. That could be the only reason why they smiled at me in pity, "Look, I'm okay. Stop worrying and pitying me."

"It's not that, Kei," Kris answered, as the rest nod in agreement, "We don't want you to get hurt."

"Seeing all of you look at me that way makes it even more painful," I answered, "Let's just eat."

We were busy eating when Sehun suddenly took the vacant seat between Luhan and me. He started filling his plate though he still looks disoriented, "What time did you get home, Sehun?"

"Around 4 in the morning," he replied, "Stop acting like you're my mom, Suho hyung."

"You look like you got laid," And Tao just had to point it out, "Ouch."

"Because I got," Sehun answered casually. I felt like I'm about to throw up after his answer so I immediately ran to the bathroom, Yixing following me behind. Collapsing to my knees before the toilet, he rubbed my back as I threw my insides out.

"Are you alright?" Yixing asked once I'm done.

"You all should stop asking me that, you know," I chuckled and then went to the sink to gargle, "I'm just feeling under the weather."

"You should take a rest; Maybe it's because of the amount of clothes you washed this morning," He said and escorted me to my room, "Rest well."

I nodded and closed the door to my room. That night, Sehun went out with Irene again and got home the next day.

 

---

 

Sehun goes out with Irene every night, and goes home the next day. Surprisingly, it's almost dinnertime but he's still in the house. 

"Sehun, can we talk?" I asked him again when I got to corner him in the kitchen, "Please."

He ignored me just like every other time I ask him or try to talk to him. He left the kitchen through the backdoor, leaving me standing there alone. I stayed there, sitting on the kitchen counter while thinking about how horrible I am for turning Sehun like this.

"A penny for your thoughts?" I yelped upon hearing Jongin, "Easy there."

"Shut up," I groaned in annoyance.

"Want to talk about it?" He asked, taking a seat on the kitchen island, "Come on. I'm a good listener."

"It's about Sehun."

"It figures."

"Do you still want me to talk about it or not?" he chuckled.

"Sorry. Go on."

"You see, Sehun is a brat," Jongin snickered and I shot him a glare, "but that's what makes him special. That's what makes him Sehun, a loving kid who only cares about his brothers, family, and pack. And I destroyed that Sehun."

"You didn't."

"I did. Look at him now. This is my entire fault. If only I wasn't so confused about my feelings, then none of this would have happened. If only I didn't hate him for turning me into a wolf, he wouldn't think that I don't love him. If only I didn't kissed you that night, he wouldn't have left me," he went down from the kitchen island and wrapped me in his embrace, "If only I didn't, then he wouldn't get mad at you, too."

"It's all going to be alright, Kei. That brat loves you. Sooner or later he's going to realize that you love him, too," Jongin cupped my faced with his both hands, making me look at him as he wiped the tears that are racing out of my eyes, "Just give him some time."

"But he already let me go," I choked on a sob as I remembered that night.

"What do you mean?"

"He said he's already letting me go," I looked at him again, pleading, "I don't want him to let me go."

Jongin went silent afterwards until he was sure I already stopped crying, "You look like a witch. Fix yourself. This is not the Kei that we know."

"What's the point in fixing myself?"

"Make him regret his decision," He firmly responded, holding my hands as he helped me got off the counter.

I looked at him, "Sorry for kissing you that night."

"It's alright," He smiled and ruffled my hair, "I know it doesn't mean anything anyways."

We went out of the kitchen and headed to the living room where the rest of the pack is, "Uhmmm guys. Who's in-charged of preparing tonight's dinner?"

"I am, but you don't want to die right?" Jongin answered beside me, and we all laughed, "I'll order foods instead."

"What are you going to order?" Kyungsoo asked.

"We want pizza, kkamjong."

"Fries."

"Burger."

"Chicken!"

"Okay, okay. I'm going to order everything you said," He threw his hands up in surrender and we laughed again. We sat on the couch and watched a movie while waiting for the food that Jongin ordered for dinner.

"Someone uninvited is here," Suho suddenly said in between of the movie. Kris and Chanyeol got up and went outside the house.

"Who?" I asked. My senses are still not as strong as them that's why I need to be near to something before I could smell it.

Suho shook his head while Xiumin and Jongin groaned, "Stay here, Kei."

"Why? What's going on?" Before Suho could even answer my question, he went out of the house with Xiumin. I looked at Jongin, Luhan, Kyungsoo, and Tao for an answer but they just averted their gaze and went back to watch the movie. I was about to get up and follow them but Luhan stopped me, "What's going on? Tell me and I won't go out."

"Why are you so stubborn? Just follow what Suho told you to do," Luhan answered, a little bit irritated with my stubborness. Before we know it, the door opened and they all got in. That's when everything sinked in. Someone uninvited whose scent is already familiar to us is here. Suho was still sending glares at the entrance before Sehun got in, holding Irene's hands. Luhan looked at me, worry evident in his eyes.

"I'll skip dinner," I murmured loud enough for the person nearest me to hear, and went to my room. I locked myself inside and threw myself on the comfort of the bed before crying again. it. When am I going to stop crying?

Later that night, I woke up. I combed my hair and washed my face before going out of the room. Damn it. I'm hungry. Why did I even skip dinner? As I walked towards the stairs, I passed by the guest room where Sehun is staying.

Oh screw it. I'm going to talk to him tonight. Before I could even knock, I caught another scent and heard grunts coming from the other side of the door, "S-sehun ..." And then a muffled scream. Tears streamed out of my eyes again. Until when am I going to get hurt like this? Until when am I going to pay for that kiss?

I ran downstairs, and went to the cellar where Kyungsoo and Xiumin keeps their wine and liquors. I'm really not fond of drinking, but they said it'll make you forget. I got 5 bottles of liqour that I don't know what is called, and went back running to the bathroom in my room. Turning on the faucet to fill the tub, I got inside with clothes still on – too lazy to get rid off it. I started drinking the liquors when the tub was already halfway full.