Chapter 1

Fall to Pieces

Chapter 1: 

“You really hate me that much, do you?” He asked, tone different from the usual tone he uses when he’s talking to me, “You hate me to the point where you have to kiss my brother in front of me.”

“S-Sehun …” He turned around and faced me. That usual stoic face was on again but his eyes gave in. He’s hurt. I hurt him, “I –”

“You what?” He smirked, “You loathe me? Fine. I understand, but isn’t this too much, Kei?”

“I’m sorry, Sehun.” I looked down. I can’t look at Sehun when he’s like this. He’s in pain and I’m the one who caused it this time. I went overboard, I went beyond the lines.

“You know what? Let’s just get this over and done with.” He ran his long-slender fingers through his hair, gritting his teeth as he prepared to blow me with his decision, “I’ll leave, and you stay with my brother. That’s what you want, right?”

“N-no, Sehun. You don’t understand. I –”

“I don’t understand?! Bullsht Kei! You want to be free from me and now I’m giving it to you!” And just like that, he jumped off the window. Leaving me for good. He left me. I can feel our bond breaking the longer I stand inside our shared room as he ran away from me.

It took me a minute or so before I could react – before I could realize that the love of my life is leaving me. I jumped off the window, following his scent. We caused a commotion in the pack, some tried to chase Sehun while some tried to ask me what the fck is going on between the both of us.

“I couldn’t lose you, Sehun. I couldn’t. Don’t leave me.” I cried, hoping for our telepathy thing to still work.

I reached the clearing where Sehun and I used to lie down before he imprinted on me – before he turned me into a wolf. I saw Suho, Kris, Luhan, and Chanyeol standing along the edge of the clearing, and that’s when it all came to me, I lose him.

“Fck you, Oh Sehun! You fckng turned me into a wolf and now you’ll fckng leave me here?!” I howled, still hoping for him to hear me. “I couldn’t lose you. You’re the only one I have.”

Suho, Kris, Luhan, and Chanyeol ran back to me the moment I howled again, but this time in pain. I transformed to my human form, still crying from the pain caused by the mark on my shoulder.

“Kei, everything’s going to be alright.” Luhan pulled me in to a hug, “He’ll come back. He will.”

“But what if he won’t?” I sobbed in his embrace.

“He’s done this before, Kei. When he found out that you’re his mate.” Suho muttered, “He knows if he’ll claim you, you’ll have to be just like us. He doesn’t want that to happen but he has no choice so he ran away.”

“I just want Sehun right now.” I whispered, and found Chanyeol grinning, “What’s there to be happy, Chanyeol?”

“Nothing.” He answered before covering his grin with a serious face, but failed to do so. A pain shot along my sides that got the head alphas, Suho and Kris, transforming back into their wolf form before running beyond the clearing.

“S-Sehun. I have to know what happened to him,” I stood up just enough for another pain to shoot on my leg, “He’s in danger.”

“Calm down. Suho and Kris will save him,” Luhan wrapped me in his embrace as Chanyeol sent off a calming scent, but it’s not effective. Rain started to pour and it’s only making me worry even more.

“I need to go after him,” Chanyeol groaned before he transformed back to his wolf form. I looked at Chanyeol before he huffed and sent me a glare. I forgot that he’s an alpha, too, “Luhan, Chanyeol, please.”

I howled in pain once more when Luhan finally screamed, “Oh fck it. Come on! Let’s go after them!”

We both transformed to our wolf form and dashed beyond the clearing, following the scent that’s slowly fading because of the rain. Another pain shot along my neck that got Luhan, and Chanyeol even more alarmed.

“I’ll go ahead,” Chanyeol told us through the bond, “Luhan, take care of Kei.”

“Go. You need to find him fast,” I told Chanyeol before he run in full speed, leaving Luhan and I to catch up. I’m not that fast unlike them, and it’s frustrating me. Pain kept on shooting along different parts of my body that’s making me howl over and over again.

“Hey, just breathe. Feel your paws, and the ground so you could run faster,” Luhan told me, and I did. I can slowly feel my increase of speed, “That’s it. We’re almost there.”

Slowly, the scent is getting stronger. The fog caused by the still pouring rain made it hard for us to see the wolves standing a few yards before us. When we got nearer, not only Sehun, Suho, Kris, and Chanyeol are there, but also Jongin. Jongin gave Sehun a good bite on his neck, and they looked at me when I howled as another pain shot along my neck as well. It made Sehun even angry, biting jongin’s leg before running away from us.

“What’s happening?” Luhan asked them when he transformed back to his human form, “And why the heck are you all just watching Sehun and Jongin kill themselves?!”

Jongin chased Sehun, and I went after them. The head alphas failed to stop me. What the heck were they doing?! They were just watching the two kill themselves. I managed to catch up. Before Jongin could send another attack towards Sehun, I immediately ran to block it and protect him. Unfortunately, it was too late for Jongin to stop. I received the blow and it sent me crashing on the boulder, hitting my head.

“,” I heard Jongin curse as he ran towards me along with Sehun, they’re now in their human form, “Kei, I’m sorry.”

“ you. Why were you fighting Sehun?!” I growled at Jongin before transforming to my human form. Slowly, I can feel my surrounding turn black.

Muffled voices invaded my ears, making me groan in annoyance. A pain shot along my sides when I tried to turn to the other side of the bed. That’s when everything sinked in, “Sehun.”

“Even though you just woke up and is still disoriented, you’re already looking for him?” A voice, which I recognized was Lay’s said.

“Is he alright?” I asked as I opened my eyes, adjusting to the brightness of the room, “Is he injured? What happened? Why am I here?”

Lay chuckled, “Easy with the questions.”

“He’s in the guest room and he’s severely injured,” I suddenly sat up which made me scream. I forgot about my injury. How stupid can I be?

“Slow down, Kei. You’re severely injured as well,” I turned my head towards Jongin and glared at him, “Look, I’m sorry.”

“Why did you hit Sehun?!” I yelled at him.

“I was trying to stop him from running away!” He yelled back, “You should thank me instead of getting mad at me.”

“Thank you, BUT YOU STILL FOUGHT WITH HIM!”

“How else can I stop that brat?!”

“Stop calling him a brat!”

“Wow! You just woke up, but you’re already yelling at Jongin. I can hear you from downstairs, Kei.” Kris cut us off as he entered the room, “How are you?”

“Headache, and a severe body pain. Nothing much. I’m still alive,” I answered and glared at Jongin again. I looked towards the door, hoping for Sehun to appear but he didn’t, “I wish I just died from that impact.”

“Don’t say such things, Kei,” Lay said and sat on my bed, “You’ve got the whole pack worried sick last night.”

“But that would be better,” I argued like a kid. Jongin excused himself, while Kris sighed.

“Kei, we know the real deal. You just have to talk to Sehun,” my eyes widened with what Kris said, “Jongin, and Chanyeol told us last night.”

“Aren’t you going to get mad at me?” I asked.

“Why would we, when we know how much you love that brat,” Lay chuckled.

“Stop calling him a brat!” I huffed.

“We will, but you’re the one we’ll call a brat instead. Deal?” Kris puts on his playful grin.

“Why are you like this?” I whined, and just earned a laugh from the two, “Forget it. I’m going back to sleep.”

I can feel his hands on my cheeks, caressing it. I can hear his breathing. I can feel him beside me. This dream is so good, please don’t wake me up.

“It hurts. It really hurts,” Sehun whispered, “I know you don’t love me, and I’m gladly accepting that fact – just not Jongin. You can love anyone aside from me, just not my brother.”

A tear escaped from my eye. He quickly wiped it with his thumb, still caressing my cheeks with his hands. This isn’t a dream, is it? Sehun is really here?

“Please don’t cry. I love you so much, Kei. But you don’t feel the same way so I’m choosing to let you go.” He whispered one last time before kissing me on my forehead. I opened my eyes after he left the room. Tears flowed down my cheeks, and then I found myself sobbing. His touch, his kiss, they still linger on my skin. I want to tell him I love him, too.

Luhan entered my room after a while, “Why are you crying?”

“Luhan,” I choked on a sob, “where’s Sehun?”

“He’s in the guest room. Why? Do you want to go to him?”

“Yes. Please help me, Lu. I can’t lose him.”

“Just focus on your recovery first. When you’re completely healed you can go and talk to him. Just give him some time, Kei,” And just like that, I bawled my eyes out again, “Shhhh. Everything’s going to be alright soon.”

“I don’t know what to do anymore now that he’s letting me go,” I told Luhan. He’s trying to look calm but his scent gave in. His scent even made me worry now that he’s worried, “What should I do, Lu?”

“Stop crying first, and be strong.”