Prologue

People of the Sun

 

Jimin stretched out his hand, a drop of sweat jumping to its imminent death as his bicep tensed. He smiled sweetly, as if offering his hand wasn't heavenly enough. The smile sent continuous pulses of warmth throughout Jungkook's body. He wanted to reach out his hand to greet Jimin's, but instead it was grabbed by a grubby pair of fingers attached to a hand that belonged to a way too handsome guy. Jungkook sighed. He was never going to be able to compete with that. His mom had managed to cram into him a healthy sense of selfworth, he felt he was relatively good looking and a pretty good catch, but there were a lot of guys out there that were better looking than him. He could feel the green monster residing in his chest roar in objection as Jimin helped the guy get up. Jungkook was sure the fall hadn't been accidental. Not a chance. It had all been a plan to catch Jimin's attention. How did he know? He had tried the same thing himself. Tried, and failed. Today was his last chance, and that guy was ruining it, hogging Jimin's attention, casting a shadow in which he had gotten stuck. It had been like this since the tryouts started, just one thing after another.

 

It was only a month ago that they joined their school, these outsiders, these... aliens.