The Bump

Fast But Not Furious

So all this time Dongwook complains about picking me up is because he has another girl to be picked up too? God, if I know he was such a , I wouldn't even stay here in Kor- ! Did I just crash into someone? Wait no- my car just bump into someone. Yes, just a bump. Oh my god, is she ok? B-but she looks like a mugger with those mask and hoodie on. S-should I just leave her? O-oh she's standing up, limping. I mean dragging her leg

"Yah! Open your door," the girl knock on my window. Feeling scared, I lower my window by 1 cm and shout back.

"N-no," I stare at the girl. "You look like a mugger, I-I'll call you an ambulance," I take my phone from the passenger's seat, ready to dial the emergency number.

"Don't! I swear I'm not a mugger, just-"

"Then prove yourself!" I don't know why but she scans her surrounding first. It is empty for god's sake, it's ing 2 in the morning. What the hell is she doing? She then slowly take off the hood of her jacket.

"Do you recognise me now?" This time she doesn't shout anymore.

"What? Of course not! I can't even see your face," this girl is an idiot.

"Wha- Ok, I'm going to show you my face, please don't shout or faint or squeal or-"

"I get it," I show her my annoyed look. God, this girl is wasting my time. She hesitantly takes off her mask and.. who is she?

"Well? Now you know I'm not a mugger," she smiles at me. It looks a bit cu- no. She's not cute.

"I know you look like a high school kid but it doesn't-"

"Y-you don't know who I am?"

"No? Am I supposed to-"

"Just let me in? It's painful" she groans. B-but my car didn't even hit her that bad. It just touched her, I guess. Why- "Yah! Don't zone out!" She knocks on my window again. "Please, I'll g-give you money, as much as-"

"What the . You think I'm interested in money?" I mumble

"Sorry? I can't hear you,"

"I'm leaving!" I change the gear of my car before driving off. I heard her shout 'wait' or something but I ignored her. I see her figure become smaller and smaller as I drive off. I didn't know people these days will put that much effort to scam people. Pathetic.

•••

Why are all the channels showing boring shows? God, even watching news is much better than those crappy shows. My eyes stuck into one particular headline

Kim Taeyeon Cancels Her Tour

What? She's the amazing singer, right? What happened to her?

"Queen of OST songs, Kim Taeyeon cancels her tour. Today at 3 a.m., SM Entertainment released a statement saying that Kim Taeyeon cannot go on with the tour. The idol is said to have a leg injury due to a hit and run incide-"

Who the hell will just leave an idol like that? People will definitely recognise her. 

"- that a white Mazda SUV was the one that hit her leg in around 2 a.m. today. The idol said that the driver who she strongly believes as a woman, thought she was a mugger so-"

What a . The driver is- wait. It is so similar to what happened to me this morning. Oh. My. God. Oh my ing god. T-that was Kim Taeyeon? The one I left just like that on the street. No wonder she was so confident that I'd recognise her. How come I was such an idiot? I listen to all her songs but I don't know her face? Jessica Jung, you're a complete idiot. 

"JESSICA!"

"AH!" I fall fown from the couch. "Mom! Why did you shout?"

"Why did I shout? I called you so many times. Come here!"

"Ok," I mumble. I go to her office just to see her sighing.

"You broke up with Dongwook?"

"Mom, I saw him kissing someone in front of his house! On the lips! I can't be with him anymore, he's-"

"He WHAT?" I move back, shocked by the shout.

"He uh.. kissed someone?" 

"I'm going to- Jessica!" 

"Y-yes?"

"Change your clothes now! We're going to visit someone in the hospital," she pushes me out of her office and I walk to my room to change my clothes. "Faster! We're late!" She hollers.

"Okay!" I holler back.

•••

The ride to the hospital is filled with my mom cursing about Dongwook. Why is she more pissed off than me? "Mom, chill. I dumped him already, over a text," I stepped on the gas pedal

"Really, honey? That's great! Time to find a new guy or girl, I don't mind," she laughs.

"I don't swing that way, mom," I groan. It's not her first time to suggest a girl instead of a guy. What's wrong with her? What's wrong with me liking boys? There's still like thousands of them who are more than willing to be with me. I'm not that gorgeous but I know I'm still at least, presentable. "Do you have someone in mind? Why do you keep saying I should date a gi-"

"I've never said that you should date one," I roll my eyes. There you go again, her word game. "But I don't mind if you find one,"

"Fine, fine. I'm done with all your 'find a girl instead of boy' talk," I say and she scoffs. I sigh. When will I say that I crashed into an idol? With my freaking car! ..

•••

Mom carries a basket full of fruits as I walk beside her. She told me- no, scratch that- she emphasised that this person is a busy person so we should really maximise our time. For what? I have no idea. "Jessica, please show your sweetest smile to her and-"

"Her?"

"Yes, honey. She's your age!" She squeals. Freaking squeals. What the hell just happened.

"Is she.. famous or something? Am I underdressed? Should I have worn-"

"No, I think it's enough," she stole a glance at my outfit. "Wait," she put down the basket in one of the chairs across the hospital's hall. "Why are you so conservative? Open this shirt a little bit," she s 2 before she takes the basket and continues walking. "Let's go," she says casually as I stare down at my now noticeable cleavage. God, what the hell is she doing? I groan and button 1 back. Now, it's nice! I smile before I catch up my mom. "Honey, smile," she says, again. I know how to smile, okay? Chill, mom. "Taeyeonnie, how are you darling? What happened to you?" My mom questions as soon as she enters the room. I smile- no- it's the girl from yesterday! Oh my god! I should apol-

"Jessica! She said hi," my mom nudges me.

"O-oh, hi," I return the smile awkwardly. I can sense my mom is about to scold me for the awkward smile I just gave.

"Kim Taeyeon," she extends her hand and I grasp it. God, look at that dimple. She's cute! "I believe we've met before," both of us retract our hands.

"Yes!" I shout. "I'm sorry for yesterday. I didn't mean to just crash into you. But I swear I wasn't speeding. You were just suddenly pop-"

"Hey, calm down?" She smiles again. "That was actually my pick up line," What. The. . Is she joking? "But I'm glad you were the one that bumped into me. Literally bumped into me with your car," she chuckles. "You're beautiful,"

"You're stupid- I mean-" My words are cut by her laughter. Mom, stop staring at me like that. I'm blunt and you know it, mom. I return her glare.

"You're funny," she chuckles. "Aunt June, I didn't know you have a beautiful daughter,"

"Well, this girl always succeeds in escaping from meeting you. But eventually, fate wins!" My mom grins. What the hell. "But what did you say, honey? You hit her with your car?"

"It was an accident, I swear. My car wasn't even that fast for god's sake. It was just-"

"It's ok, auntie. If she didn't bump into me, we wouldn't have met," she smiles, again. "You know if you didn't say anything, I wouldn't have known you're the one from yesterday. Your windows are tinted,"

"Y-yeah. Umm, get well soon?"

"Thanks," and silence creep among the 3 of us.

"Honey, can you stay here for a while? I need to get something outside. I'll call you later," she leaves me. No mom, I can't stay here with her. Mom!

"So, I guess your mom just left us?" She blinks repeatedly, probably shocked by my mom's attitude.

"Yeah. I know her trick. She just wants us to talk, to get to know each other," I sigh and I sit on the couch, like a lady. As much as I want to just plop on it, it's not my house and she's a stranger so I should behave well.

"Then tell me about yourself,"

"What is there to say? I'm just an ordinary girl. I have one younger sister," I pause. What else am I supposed to say? Am I supposed to tell her my favorite colour and all? God, help me!

"Ah.. Krystal, right? I've met her before," she nods her head as if trying to remember how my sister looks like. "Both of you are beautiful,"

"Thanks, I guess?" I mumble and she smiles. Did she hear the 'I guess' part? "When did you meet her?"

"I'm not really sure but I know it's this year when I was in New York,"

"Oh.."

"What's your favorite colour? Favorite band? Favorite song? Favorite movie? Tell me, all your favorites," she fix her gaze at me. "We should make a good use of the time that your mom gives, right?" She smiles, again. Stop smiling, you look so cute that I want to pinch your cheeks.

"Favorite colour is white. Favorite band is," I pause. Who's my favorite band? I don't really listen to bands.

"You don't listen to bands," she states and I just nod. "Then favorite singer?"

"Adele! God, I love her voice!" I squeal.

"Korean singer?"

"Ailee or Hyorin! Both of them are- umm," I pause. "Sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"Chill," she smiles. "I'll make you obsessed with me in the future," she winks and I can't do anything besides smiling. "Go on,"

"Right! Favorite movie is Finding Dory, currently,"

"You watch animation?" She furrows her eyebrows. I feel so insulted, what is that supposed to mean?

"I do. Anyone can watch animation, okay?"

"Of course! I like Despicable Me, those minions are cute!"

"Oh. I thought you're those kind of people who only watch adult movie," I giggle. What the , I just giggled. Like a little girl.

"You're cute," she grins. "But yeah, I watch adult stuffs. We're legal already so I don't see why-"

"Okay! I don't want to hear rated talks," I cover both of my ears but still I can hear her laughter.

"I wasn't going to talk about rated stuffs but you thought of it. So that means you're the one who's thinking about rated stuffs," she chuckles. Why is everyone playing word game with me?

"Ughh, fine," I groan. "Anyway, I love Dory's character. Have you watched it?"

"No, actually. I'm quite busy with my work so-"

"Right, you're an idol. Can I ask you a question?"

"You just did," she grins. God, please, no more word game.

"Why are you walking in the middle of the street at 2? Shouldn't you be getting your precious sleep or something?"

"Oh that," she pauses. "I just wanted fresh air. I like the cold weather," she smiles softly.

"Oh," I say. Why do i feel like she's hiding something? But it's not my position to ask though. "Your manager is not-"

"Taeyeon! Oh, you have a guest?" A guy comes inside the room, carrying a cup of cold drink.

"Yes, oppa. She's a family friend," Taeyeon says. "He's my manager,"

"O-oh. Jessica," I extend my hand and he grasps it as he introduce himself. "I guess this is it, I'll see you-"

"Give me your phone," I unlock my phone and give it to her. "What are you doing?" I see her type something.

"Call me," she smiles. "I saved my number,"

"W-why should I?"

"To show you are responsible of what you did? At least you should know my healing progress right?" She grins and hands me my phone back.

"Y-yes,"

"By the way, your car speed was quite fast. I have leg fracture you see," she chuckles as she opens up the blanket and points at her leg, my eyes widen. You caused her to have a fractured leg, Jessica! "But I'm not furious or anything because I believe this is just how we are fated to meet. So call me?" She questions.

"O-okay," I look down to hide my blush. God, this is embarassing. "B-bye," I awkwardly wave at her and slightly bow at the manager before walking towards the door. Why does he keep quiet all the time? Just before her door completely closes, she hollers.

"I'll be waiting for your call!" God, are we really fated to meet like this? Can't you just give me a normal meeting? We can bump into each other by spilling coffee or something, don't need for me to bump into her with my car, right? I sigh. Spilling coffee would be much much nicer like those scenes in cliché movies. Spil coffee, say 'sorry', look into each other's eyes and fall in love.

For me, it's bump into her with my car, meet her in the hospital then what? Fall in- No, I did not just think of falling in love with that girl. She's an idiot who's actually quite cu- No! She's not cute. Jessica, get a grip of yourself! Ahh!! Stress!


 A/N first chapter is up! So sorry for the long wait. I accidentally delete the chapter then I got annoyed so I didn't bother to write it again for quite some time. I hope you enjoyed it!

Thanks for the subscribers!