Something Old, Something New

Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“When did seeing a familiar bomb ever become comforting?”

SL: Wheein, Hyejin. You guys have free time?
WI: I’m with Hyejin right now. Yeah, why?
SL: I’m at Byul’s place. She’s got a new game and wants you two come over to play with us.
WI: Wow, playing with our unnies? That’s a first.
SL: Hey!
WI: Haha, just kidding. We’ll be over there in around 15 minutes!
SL: Okay, see you guys then!

“Byul-ah, our dongsaengs will be here in the next ten minutes!”

“Is that so? Come back here so we can pick up where we left off!”

“Okay~!”

Yongsun skipped back to the living and plopped down next to Byulyi as she reached over and picked up the Oculus Rift.

Byulyi smiled as Yongsun carefully slipped the headset into her head and lightly d around her area to obtain the controller into her hands.

“Unnie, do you want something to drink?” She asked.

“Now that you mentioned it, yes please! Strawberry milk?”

“Sure.”

Byulyi got up from the sofa and went over to the kitchen where the takeout was still sitting on top of the counter.

Ah, nearly forgot about that. Better put it in the fridge.

Byulyi opened the fridge to grab a small carton of strawberry milk while she picked up and placed the takeout into the bottom half of the fridge to prevent any food to be spoiled.

Meanwhile, Yongsun was playing around in the main menu and saw the second part of the levels unlocked. She scrolled down and selected the first part of the second level.

[Section 2: The Basics -

2.1 Something Old, Something New

“When did seeing a familiar bomb ever become comforting?

No matter. This bomb will only be half-comforting.”

Bomb configuration: 5 Minutes / 3 Modules / 3 Strikes]

“Byul-ah, I’m about to start! Where’s my strawberry milk?”

“Coming!”

Byulyi ran back to Yongsun with a carton of strawberry milk and straw in her hand. She quickly punctured the lid with the straw and offered the drink nearly Yongsun’s lips.

“Here, drink up.”

Yongsun leaned in slightly and caught a tip of the straw in-between her lips. She then took couple of sips of her strawberry milk before she lets go of the straw.

“Thank you, Byul-ah~”

Byulyi chuckled. “Anything for my princess.”

Yongsun blushed lightly before she nudged Byulyi with her elbow. “Greasy~”

“Alright, alright. Let’s get back into defusing bombs!” Byulyi grinned as she placed the game manual back into her lap. “Ready when you are.”

“Leggo!”

Yongsun pressed the ‘Start’ button.

The game started off the same way it happened in the earlier game. There were three modules; two of them Yongsun was familiar with.

“Okay, let’s start off with the keypad. It’s the easiest one to solve so far.”

“Aight,” Byulyi flipped over to the keypad page. “Tell me what you see.”

“I see the slide, a copyright sign, and what it looks like an incomplete version of the letter ‘R’ in the English alphabet.”

Byulyi had little problems spotting the symbols.

“Okay, I see them. What’s the last one, unnie?”

“Uhh… The only thing I can describe from it is a man’s nut sack with a tiny- .”

“UNNIE WHAT THE ? SINCE WHEN YOU EVER SAW A GUY’S ?”

Byulyi immediately leaned away from Yongsun with a mix of shock and bewilderment on her face. To hear such description from her cinnamon roll was something she least expected. She, along with the rest of the members in MAMAMOO, knew her girlfriend was a ert; but this was the first time she witnessed how dirty-minded and shameless she really was.

“sinceiaccidentallysawericwhilewewereindubaicausehisswimmingtrunkssomehowgottenoffat— “

“YOU SAW ERIC NAM WHAT THE FUC— “

“IT WAS AN ACCIDENT OKAY!? BESIDES HIS IS SMALL AND I’M ONLY GAY FOR YOU!”

“Okay, okay I’ll let that one slide but for now let’s get back to defusing this son of a bomb.” Byulyi went back into the manual and found the symbol Yongsun explicitly described.

“The order you need to press are: copyright, nut sack, incomplete ‘R’, and slide.”

Yongsun pressed the buttons flawlessly and disabled the module with three minutes and thirty-five seconds in the timer.

“Got it. Next is with the wires!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter