ACT I {Scene 2}

Complicated

IMPORTANT!:  When Tzuyu says “Father”, she basically means “Father In Law” or you can think of her saying as “Mingyu’s father”.  In korean dramas, the girl says “abeonim”, which is basically what I’m going for.

 

Image result for wedding aisle tumblr picturesImage result for wedding invitationsImage result for unique ring box

SCENE 2 ~ Wedding Day ~

 

-MEMORY STARTS-

      Tzuyu:  Father…

      Mingyu’s Father:  (smiles) How are you doing?

      Tzuyu:  I’ve been doing fine (smiles back softly)

His father pushes a letter up towards Tzuyu, she looks at it, grabs it, then opens it to read the inside.  It was Mingyu’s and Jiho’s wedding invitation, tears started to form in her eyes, she looks up, wondering why.

      His Father:  You know how much I care for you, and this would’ve been the last thing I would want for you, but this is the best I can do, as a father of a son who had broken your heart, he didn’t ask me to invite you because he knows how much pain you would be in, so I decided to invite you myself.

      Tzuyu:  (confused)

      His Father:  Tzuyu, you have to go through this so you can see with your own eyes that it’s over.  That you can’t turn back time, that you can’t have him anymore.  This is probably the only way you can turn your back on him without looking back, so that your heart can rest, so you can move on.  Even if it’s painful, you’d be able to move on.  I just want you to be happy even if your heart will be in pain this once, I hope you come, because at the end of the day, that pain will go away.

 

SECOND SCENE OF THE MEMORY

      Mingyu:  With this ring, I give you my heart.  I promise from today forward, you would never walk alone; my heart would be your shelter, and my arms would be your home.

 

-MEMORY ENDS-

Tzuyu gets dressed and heads to the wedding with a small box in her hand, she is greeted by friends and families.  Tzuyu met Mingyu’s father and The wedding was just about to start, she walks up the stairs to get a down view on the wedding, as the soon to be wife walks down the aisle, audience stand and smiles at her, Tzuyu smiles with tears falling out of eyes.  She stares down at Mingyu, who was even more handsome than ever.  He didn’t notice her there, he wasn’t expecting to see her.  He’s smiling, he must be happy…  He really wanted this…  The priest started speaking and Tzuyu couldn’t stop staring at Mingyu.  They exchange their rings and vows, Tzuyu smiles and walks away, towards her car.  The newlywed couple runs out the church, Mingyu led his wife into the car while he left to the other side, she found a box in the car and opened it, confused.  Mingyu walked into the car, the driver the engine.

      Jiho:  What’s this?

      Mingyu:  Huh?

Mingyu grabbed the box and recognized who it was from.  

      Mingyu:  Wait…  Wait here, okay?  I’ll be back.  

Mingyu opened the door and ran out.  He ran back to the church.

      Jiho:  Mingyu!!!  [She walked out of the car.]

      Mingyu to his dad:  Dad, did you invite Tzuyu?

      Dad:  Yeah, I did.  

      Mingyu:  Why would you do that?  I told you not too!

      Dad:  She deserves the best.

      Mingyu:  And bringing her here is the best you can do?  Where did she go?

      Dad:  She left already.

      Mingyu:  Where’s her car?  Where did she park?

      Dad:  I don’t know. 

Mingyu left and ran out to the parking lot.  He spotted Tzuyu walking towards her car.  He chases after her and grabs her hand, pulling her back.  

      Tzuyu:  Mingyu-ah…  

      Mingyu:  What’re you doing here?

      Tzuyu:  To congratulate you.

      Mingyu:  Then why didn’t you come by and say hi earlier?

      Tzuyu:  I just got here.

      Mingyu:  [Brings out the box] Why did you put this in my car?

      Tzuyu: I-- I didn’t…

      Mingyu:  Liar, Jiho found this in my car!  [silence] You know what?  I don’t even care, take this back.  I don’t care for it.

      Tzuyu:  [shocked] You don’t care for it?  You were the one who gave it to me. 

      Mingyu:  That was a long time ago.

      Tzuyu:  What are you talking about!?  That was only a month ago.

Mingyu grabs Tzuyu’s hand and hands her the box.

      Mingyu:  Keep it.

She opens the box and looks at it, while tears were forming in her eyes.  

      Tzuyu:  This ring no longer has an owner.  If you don’t want it, I don’t want it either.  

She throws the ring onto the road, and just perfectly timed, a car ran over it.  Tears ran down her face.

      Mingyu:  Are you crazy!!!

      Tzuyu:  No, but you are.

She went inside her car and drove off, while crying.