ACT I {Scene 1}

Complicated

Image result for car accident in koreaImage result for taehyung and irene

 

SCENE 1 

-PAST-

Five years ago, Taehyung drove Jungkook out to eat, Taehyung introduced him to his long term girlfriend, Irene, for the first time.  

 

Taehyung:  Jungkook-ah..  I’m getting married.  (Jungkook’s eyes widened in surprised but then he smiled brightly.)

Jungkook:  Really???  Seriously!?!?  With Irene? (He looks over at her, she smiles at him and nods.)  Congratulations!  Mom and Dad would be so happy to hear that!!!  (They all laugh.)

Taehyung:  Yeah, well..  The thing is, me and Irene were planning to leave, to move…  (silence)

Jungkook:  Oh…  (let out a small laugh) Where?

Taehyung: Santa Barbara, California

(There was a long pause.)

Jungkook:  California?  The U.S?  But that’s so far away from us, from family…

Taehyung:  I know…  I just, I just kind of want to start anew with my own small family,  you know?

Irene:  We’ll come visit often.

Jungkook:  But what about mom and dad?  What about me?  Hyung, you can’t leave us…  You shouldn’t!  (He stands up.)

Taehyung:  Jungkook-ah, calm down.

Jungkook:  Did you convince him!? (Pointing at Irene)

Taehyung:  Jungkook!  (He was angry, he ran outside and Taehyung and Irene followed.)  Look, I know you’re mad.  I thought this through, it took me so long to introduce Irene to you, I still have to introduce her to our parents.  You don’t know how stressed am I when I think about leaving you guys behind.  

Jungkook:  Then why are you leaving us behind!!!!?

Taehyung:  To start over.  To get into business, so I can come back with my head held high, so I don’t have to stay with the restaurant forever, so I can grow and come back here and tell our parents about my achievements, so our parents will be proud of me, so YOU can be proud of me.

 

Tears formed in Jungkook’s eyes, his idol, his role model was going to leave him behind.

 

Jungkook:  But I am proud of you, I already am!  Why isn’t that enough?  (Tears fall down his eyes)

Taehyung:  You know I love you, mom and dad…  I love you guys more than my own life, I would do anything just for you guys, but this…  This was really hard for me to tell you, I told you first because I thought you would understand me.  I really wish to start anew, Jungkook.  Can you please try to understand me?

 

He couldn’t do anything but cry.  Taehyung pulled Jungkook into a hug, caressing his head, knowing how much pain he was going to put Jungkook through. They looked up to each other, they had each other’s back since day one, they told everything to each other, and were together from the start.  Now that Taehyung’s leaving, he feels as guilty as ever.  Jungkook nods.  Irene smiles and joins in the hug.

 

    Jungkook:  Let’s go.  Let’s go and tell mom and dad. (smiling)

    Taehyung:  Okay!  Let’s go!

 

It was nighttime, when they were driving home, the music was loud and they were happy.  It was a red light when they stopped, Jungkook and Taehyung looked at each other and smiled when Irene pointed out that the light has turned green, Taehyung drove but suddenly there were bright lights coming from Taehyun’s side, their eyes widened as the truck came closer…  When Jungkook woke up, he was in the hospital awakened by his father’s yelling and his mother’s cries.  He shakes his head and was dizzy, opening then closing his eyes, exposing his eyes to bright light when he remembered the truck coming close to the car, he screamed in terror.  His parents run to him, he hugged his mother, while his father was caressing his head.  Jungkook’s breath was heavy and he was shaking, afraid for his life but that was when he realized his brother was missing.  He let go of his mother and easily realized where he was, he looked around for his brother, when he found a body on a bed with a blanket over his head going towards a room, Jungkook dropped everything, ripped everything off of his body and ran for that body, he stopped the nurses and stared at the body.  It’s not him, he thought while shaking his head.  He lifted the blanket but it wasn’t Taehyung, he sigh out of relief.

 

    Mom:  Jungkook-ah…  

 

Jungkook looked around and noticed doctors rushing to a bed, his heart dropped and slowly walked towards the bed that contained many doctors, as he saw Irene crying next to the bed.  His eyes widened and his knees became weak, he dropped onto his knees and tears were coming out.  He knew, he knew that it was his brother, he just knew.  His mom dropped down next to him and hugged him, crying with him.

 

    Jungkook:  Mom…  Mom it’s not true right?  It’s not Taehyung, it can’t be him.  Why did I survive but he didn’t?  Why?  Mom, this is just a dream right?  Mom, he…  He didn’t die, he wouldn’t die, right?  Mom, he…  He’s not dead!!!  He can’t!!!!  

 

The doctors looked at each other and frowned, his eyes widened and ran to the stiff body laying on the bed, it was his brother.  He grabbed the shoulders and shook it.

 

    Jungkook:  No, no it can’t be.  It can’t..  Wake up!  Taehyung, wake up!  You can’t die, you can’t die on me!  You’d promise to come back, you’d promise to become successful!  You can’t do all that if you don’t wake up!  Wake up!!!  HYUNG!!!!