Final

Of Sprite and Strawberry Kisses

Word Count: 1382


 

All Jongin wanted to get Kyungsoo's full attention today. Was that so hard to ask? Then again, this is Kyungsoo. He doesn't quite remember exactly when it happened, but after living, performing and spending time with Kyungsoo for four years and ongoing, Jongin found himself falling for the older, shorter man. From his soulful voice to his snarky comments, Jongin loved them all. But if there's one thing that Jongin found confusing about Kyungsoo, it was his supposed nonchalance when it came to romance. Kyungsoo could give advice to others about it when needed, but when it came to himself, he didn't seem to have a clue or a concrete answer. Hell, he thought Jongin liked Baekhyun at one point when the latter told him what his ideal type was. (Well, he wasn't completely wrong, but the feelings Jongin and Baekhyun had for each other at the time were more out of curiosity rather than love.)

The dorm, which was usually filled with the banter of young men sharing the same passion for music, was empty tonight, except for the two. The other EXO members were no where to be found; Kyungsoo didn't know where the other members were, but he assumed that they were all outside, hanging out with friends, colleages or just enjoying the winter scenery outside for New Years without them. Jongin didn't know either, but he didn't really care about it, actually pleased that the others weren't around for the night. He had a plan in mind for Kyungsoo, and he wasn't going to let the others find out and ruin it for him. Well, all the others, excluding Baekhyun himself, who somehow found out about Jongin's feelings for the shorter vocalist. Quietly peeking in the oven, Jongin glanced over at the small, frosted light pink cake, topped off with a single strawberry. Upon closing the oven door, Jongin sighed as Baekhyun's words replayed in his mind.

 

"I can't tell if you're being careful or stupid;" Baekhyun snorted, fingers fiddling with a game on his phone.

"Gee, thanks."

"Look," Baekhyun began, putting his phone down and turning towards Jongin before continuing. "All I'm saying is that you should just take a chance and confess to him already. He'll take your feelings into consideration. Besides, I'm sure he likes you too."

"There's no wa-"

"How would you know if you don't even try? It's better to confess and know now rather than just pondering over it for the rest of your life." Taking his advice to heart, Jongin was about to nod until Baekhyun flicked his forehead, snickering in response to Jongin's yelp of pain.

"What was that for?" Jongin asked, slightly exasperated.

"That was for not taking a chance sooner, idiot."

"You're an , you know that?"

"I already know I have a nice Jongin, you don't have to remind me."

"I hate you."

"Love you too, Jonginnie." Baekhyun smirked, before the two broke into a fit of laughter.

 

Standing back up, Jongin went over to the living room where Kyungsoo was. While Jongin sat on an empty seat on the couch beside him, the shorter man himself was still reading, grabbing a strawberry from his plate on the table now and then, chewing on the delectable red fruit as he read. However, as he reached for another, his hand grasped the empty air, indicating that there was no more. With a small frown, Kyungsoo closed the book he was reading, finally noticing a familiar presence beside him.

"Is the table really that interesting?"

Breaking his daze upon hearing his voice, Jongin looked up at Kyungsoo, a seemingly blank look adorning his face.

"You've been staring at the table for a while."

"Oh."

Despite Jongin's short response, Kyungsoo shrugged, grabbing his book as he stood up, with the other following.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm just going to put my book back, then I'm going to the kitchen to get some strawberries and Sprite."

"Okay then."

Taking this opportunity, Jongin quickly ran to the kitchen, opening the refridgerator to get a bottle of Sprite and whatever strawberries were left. Jongin shook the bottle with vigor, before placing it down on the countertop while the strawberries were beside the cake in the oven. Now, he just had to wait. After putting his book back in its proper place, Kyungsoo walked back out and to the kitchen where Jongin was. When Kyungsoo was about to go towards the refridgerator, Jongin held the bottle of Sprite that he shook in front of him.

"I checked the fridge for you. I didn't see any strawberries left."

"What?"

Going over to check for himself, Kyungsoo's eyebrows scrunch together in confusion. I'm sure there was some left... Kyungsoo thought. Closing the fridge door, Kyungsoo gave a disappointed sigh, taking the bottle that Jongin handed to him, muttering a quiet 'thanks' before opening it. Upon opening the bottle however, the soda bursted out, soaking Kyungsoo's face and shirt. Jongin cackled, clapping his hands as Kyungsoo looked at him, shocked.

As Jongin continued to laugh, Kyungsoo clenched the bottle in his hands, throwing the soda at him and returning the favor. Both in fits of laughter, Kyungsoo continously threw the soda at Jongin as the latter tried to run away. In retaliation, Jongin cornered Kyungsoo near the kitchen countertop, grabbing his hands and placing them behind his back, both laughing. Soon, their laughter was reduced to almost inaudible panting, the soda bottle dropping to the floor with a clank. Pulling back, Kyungsoo looked up at Jongin, with the latter staring at him with an unreadable gaze. Somehow the gaze made Kyungsoo nervous, his eyes wandering at something, anything other than Jongin. With no warning, Jongin leaned forward, his lips gliding over Kyungsoo's. As Kyungsoo was about to return the kiss, his mind made him pull back, looking towards Jongin once again.

"What are you doing, Jongin?"

This is it. There was no turning back.

"I... want you, Kyungsoo." Jongin whispered. Preparing for the worst, he continued; "As much as I would like to apologize, I would be lying if I said that I didn't want to kiss you. But I really wanted to tell you how I feel. It's alright if you don't feel the same way, but can we at least still be-"

Suddenly, Kyungsoo grabs Jongin by his collar, sliencing Jongin's words as he smashes their lips together. Jongin immediately responded to the kiss, wrapping his arms around the older's waist, pulling him in tighter and tighter. The kiss was long, becoming more passionate as sighs were exchanged between the two. Biting Kyungsoo's bottom lip, Jongin was granted entrance as he explored and tasted Kyungsoo's cavern, with a moan escaping from the older. Just like the red fruit, Kyungsoo tasted sweet, making Jongin more dizzy with desire. With the need for air becoming more and more apparent however, the two had to break their kiss, foreheads pressed against each other.

"Don't decide things on your own."

Jongin's eyes widen, confused at Kyungsoo's response. Before he could respond however, Kyungsoo cut him off, continuing;
"I like you too."

Filled with unmeasureable relief, Jongin kissed Kyungsoo on the head with joy, getting out the mini strawberry cake and handing it over.

"So you were hiding them."

"Yeah." Jongin said, smiling brightly. "Sorry about that."

Kyungsoo gave Jongin his heart shaped smile before taking the cake, with the latter turning as pink as the cake in response. "It's fine."

Embracing each other once more, Kyungsoo looked up, gently pulling on Jongin's collar to pull him down. Getting the idea, Jongin complied, the distance between them becoming smaller and smaller. As their lips were about to touch, a mischievious snicker echoed through their ears, with them looking towards where the sound came from.

"How cute. But if you have time to make out, you should probably clean your mess before Junmyeon comes back, you know."

Remembering what happened the last time he left the kitchen in a mess, Jongin groaned.

"Don't remind me."

"Just saying. Happy New Year, lovebirds!" Baekhyun winked, walking back to his room with a grin.

 

Grabbing a few towels, Jongin poured some water where the soda was thrown, pouting. Noticing this, Kyungsoo chuckled, giving a quick peck to Jongin's nose.

"Happy New Year."

 


Author's Note:

This turned out different to what I had planned in mind. This is probably rushed. Can this be considered fluff? I really don't know anymore. Someone burn this into ashes while I run back to the angst corner where I belong.