The Gift Mix-Up

Oneshots!

                                                        Althea X Joshua:

                                                          Christmas Eve, Joshua's Room

                                                                                 --

"I hate you so much!" Joshua groaned, throwing a pillow at Joshua.

"Why because you so bad?" Althea laughed then stuck his tongue out.

"No, you are just a cheater! A dirty little cheater!" He flipped the game board at her, making the game pieces spew everywhere. They were playing Monopoly. She blew him a kiss at him then winked, laughing loudly. He glared at her. 

"Take my kiss-uh!" Althea whined.

"No." He growled, making her frown. "Well... Only if you actually kiss me..."

She laughed, leaned in and puckered her lips up in front of him. He

leaned in and she quickly moved away. 

"OH! We are gonna play that game now, huh?" He said, raising an eyebrow up. "That's okay!" He turned around and looked at the tv which was on but muted. He grabbed the remote and turned it off mute. A k-drama was on. "Oh look, the fine Park Shin Hye!" He said, imitating a moan afterwards.

"Pay attention to me!" She whined, throwing a pillow at him. He was engrossed in the drama. She threw another one then groaned. Frowning, she stared at him for a minute, before sliding next to him and staring at him in his face. He still wasn't paying attention to her. She threw herself in his lap and tugged at his shirt. "LOVE MEEEEE!" He was still engaged in the drama. She sat cowboy style in his lap, legs wrapped around his back, too short to actually fulfill her goal of covering the television screen. She looked up at his face and tried stretching her back to block his view but only reaching up to his nose. She huffed making him laugh. 

"You finally are paying attention to me!" She said, happily. 

"Shut up shortie, I'm trying to watch the movie!" He said, pushing her head over. She whipped her head back and pushed her nose into his cheeks. "Kiss meeee!" He looked down at her and smiled. He puckered his lips out and moved towards her but when he reached closest to hee mouth, he moved away. "Whoops, its back from commerical break." He smirked, pleased with himself.

"WHY?!" She groaned, laying her head on his shoulder in defeat. "Curse you attractive k-idols!" 

He laughed and lifted her head up with a finger. "Shut up, nerd." He kissed her softly. After the kiss, he wrapped his arms around her back, pushing her body up to his. He leaned back, getting back support from the bed. She lifts her arm up on the bed and grabbed a blanket, flipping it over her head and let it rest on her back and his legs. She laid my head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat. This was nice.

“So your Christmas gift…” Joshua started. Her head popped up.

“I thought we weren’t going to exchange gifts this year!” Althea said, shocked.

“Yeah but I saw this really nice gift for you so I decided I would buy it… You don’t have to buy one for me, I know we talked about not getting gifts. I wouldn’t be mad,” He replied, lightly touching her nose.

She wasn’t sure if he was tricking her or not. Either way, she already had his gift since October. He probably knew she got it. She left him in her room a lot and he has a habit of going through people’s things.

“You should return it. I don’t want to accept your gift if I don’t have one for you. That wouldn’t be fair!” She lied. If he was going to play this game, so was she.

“No, that’s completely fine! I had some extra money anyway. Really, I want you to have it. In fact, I want you to have it now.” He slid from underneath of her, making her plop on the floor and roll on her back. She whimpered, making Joshua look back at laugh.

He went in his closet and returned to his girlfriend with a gift. He shook his head, placing the gift on the floor and offering her a hand to help her up.

“Get up, bum and take your gift,” He said, groaning as he helped her up.

“You really are giving me this?” She said, mouth agape. Okay, so maybe he wasn’t tricking her into her telling him she got him a gift. He actually was giving you a gift despite his financial troubles his family was having.

“Yeah, you didn’t believe me?” Joshua asked, eyebrow raised but still a soft smile on his face.

“I mean I-I… I know you guys are having a hard time right now. I didn’t want to put pressure on you for getting a gift but you still managed to be the cutest boyfriend.”

“I am actually pulling in a lot of money from my second job so everything is fine now. I told you I had extra money to buy you a gift. Its really no problem at all, Althea.” He laughed, squishing her cheeks. “Don’t worry your cute little head, okay?”

          A sudden knock on the door broke their conversation. They turned around to see Joshua’s mom, walking in and smiling.

          “Hey, your mom is here, sweetheart!” His mom said.

          “Okay, thank you, ma’am,” Althea said, smiling and getting up.

          “Well I will see you tomorrow night. Take your gift and DON’T OPEN IT UNTIL TOMORROW! Okay?!” Joshua said, getting up and grabbing her gift. She nodded and took the gift. She turned around to see his mom staring at them. She pecked him on the cheek and her mom escorted them down to the door.

          “Have a wonderful Christmas Day and enjoy the rest of your Christmas Eve, Ms. Hong!” Althea smiled, reaching out to hug her. His mom tightly hugged her. The car horn honked, making the hug get cut short. Althea laughed, quickly running to the car and waving bye.

          “Have a good Christmas, babe!” Joshua yelled, as she got into the car.

--

          When Althea got home, she ran upstairs and into her closet. She gasped. She had two gift boxes, hiding in her closet but one of them was missing. She freaked out, flipping around everything in her closet. She looked back up at the top her closet and grabbed the left over box. Next to the box, she spotted a sticky note. She put the box back and grabbed the sticky note.

          “Surprise, I found the box!” She read aloud then laughing. “I kinda knew you got me a gift any way. I had your gift for a long time so I was prepared to do a gift swap. I hope you don’t mind me stealing the box. It had my name on it and… I… There is honestly no reason except I was excited about it! But I haven’t opened it yet. I won’t open it until Christmas, though.” She laughed, sighing and shaking her head. She grabbed her phone and called him.

          “Couldn’t wait to talk to me, huh?” He answered, cockily. “Yeah like you couldn’t wait until I gave you your gift tomorrow, huh?”

          “Ah, you found my note… I hope you don’t hate me!” He said, cutely.

          “Awwwww, no I could never hate you!” She cooed. “I figured you would find it, you are always so nosey!”

          “HEY!” He yelled in her ear.  A knock hit the door, making her turn around.

          “Yes?” She asked, looking at her friend, Ausia standing in the door.

          “I’m here to get the gift!” Ausia replied, walking into her room and taking off her hat. Althea got up and made her way to the closet. She grabbed the box that was left in her closet and handed it to her.

          “I think I need to start doing this, too!” Althea joked, shaking her head and handing Ausia the sticky note Joshua left her. They both laughed.

           “Well tell me how everything goes at your parents house!” Althea tells her, hugging her.

--

          Althea woke up and stretched. She heard soft snore making her smile. She fell asleep on the phone.

          “Merry Christmas, babe,” She whispered, getting up to take her shower. When she came back, she grabbed the phone.

Before she could say anything, Joshua yawned and beat her to it, “Merry Christmas, beautiful!”

“Merry Christmas, handsome! Did you just wake up?” She asked, brushing her hair up into a ponytail.

“Yeah, we are about to open presents. I will call you back, okay?” He said, yawning again.

“Okay sleepy head, have fun. Love you!”

“Love you too!” He said then hanging up. She smiled looking at her gift in the corner. She grabbed it and her cellphone and headed downstairs to her family.

“MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!” She yelled, as she walked into the living.

“You don’t have to be so loud!” Her brother groaned, covering as she plopped next to him.

“Who wants to open their gifts first?” Her mother asked, looking dead at her.

“Yes, I do! Joshua got me this and I had to wait until today. I’m dying to open it!” She exclaimed, smiling widely. They all nodding, giving her the okay. She shrieked, ripping it excitedly. It was inside a box. She groaned, sliding her fingernails on the tape to rip it. She opens the box and shrieks.

“HE GOT ME A ONE PIECE SHIRT!” She screamed, jumping around.

“Okay time for me to open a gift now!” Her brother said, pushing her out the way. She didn’t even care. She was too happy about the shirt. Her phone rang, stopping her excitement. She ran over and picked it up.

“Mom, it’s Ausia. Can I answer it? I told her I would leave the phone on so we can talk in case something happens. You know Wonho is meeting her family for the first time,”

--

(okay I don’t know why I decided to write the story in third person but I’m going to change to 2nd person now lol)

--

          You walk into the kitchen where it was quieter. You redialed her. As soon as she picked up, she was talking fast.

          “Woah, woah, calm down! What happened?!” You said, panicked. “Did you call Wonho daddy in front of your parents?!”

          “DID JOSHUA OPEN HIS GIFT YET?!” Ausia finally said.

          “Um… He’s opening them now. Why?” You asked, confused.

          “He grabbed the wrong gift! Wonho just opened up the personalized guitar you got him!” She said, panicked. So were you but you froze.

          “Oh God, what did you get Wonho?!” You shrieked, knowing that the gift was going to be nothing good for him to open in front of your parents.

          “Obviously, nothing bad to open in front of my parents!” She laughed at your remark.

          “Answer the question!” You demanded.

          “I got him a pair of ramyun cooker and a choker in the inside,” She finally replied. You exhaled in relief. “But um… The choker kind of has his name written on it so if Joshua’s mom sees it-“

          “She will think I’m cheating,” You sighed. She JUST stopped hating you. “Okay, I have to stop him from opening that gift like right now! I will call you later!”
         “Ugh, okay! I’m really sorry! Merry Christmas!” She said, trying to ease the situation. You said it back and hung up. You immediately dialed Joshua but the phone went to voicemail. You groaned. This was not going to end good for you two.

          You moped into the room where it appeared that everyone had opened the rest of their gifts. They were phased by you at all. You sat next to your brother who was too busy playing with his new stuff. Should you text an ending message to him? His mother would not want him dating a cheater and whatever she says, goes. You must tell him how you care about him now.

You started typing but you were interrupted by your mother yelling your name, “ALTHEA! STOP TEXTING AND OPEN THE REST OF YOUR GIFTS! WE HAVE TO HEAD TO CHURCH!”

“Sorry mum, I accidentally gave Joshua, Wonho’s gift and it’s going to ruin my relationship…” You sighed, tearing up.

“Awwwww, come here, honey!” She said, pushing your brother aside to sit in his spot.

“She got Wonho’s name imprinted on the front. If Joshua’s mom sees that I accidentally gave it to him, she’s going to think I was cheating on him…” You pouted.

“If you go over there and explain the mishap then she will know that you are a very classy and loyal girl. Anyone can switch gifts if they look alike!” Your mom encouraged. “You can go over there now if you would like.”

“REALLY?!” You cherped.

“Yeah, I know how much you love that boy. Go get him,” Your mom said, kissing your head. You hugged her tightly and shot up to get your coat and shoes. Your mom got ready and drove you to his house. “Good luck!”

You smiled at your mom as you walked up to his house. You exhaled then knocked on the door. A second later, the door flung open and to your surprise, it wasn’t Joshua or his mother.

“Hello, there!” Wonho said, smiling and biting the cookie in his hand.

“What the hell are you doing here?!” You said, eyebrows raised.

“Saving your ! Would you like to come in?” Wonho stepped aside, letting you in. You walked in to see Ausia sitting on the couch, laughing with Joshua’s mother.

“What is going on…” You whispered to yourself as you walked into the living room.

“Oh hey, babe!” Joshua said, getting up and hugging you.

“What the hell is going on?” You whispered in his ear.

“Ausia was just telling us that she gave Wonho my gift by mistake so she stopped by to give the gift. I was just about to open it, you want to stay and watch our reaction?” Joshua said loud enough so everyone could hear. Ausia looked up at you, smiling.

“Y-yeah, sure,” You said, sitting next to Ausia. Joshua took the gift from Wonho and exchanged the gift her got to him.

“You go first, buddy.” Wonho said, patting his back.

Joshua smiled, sitting in the single chair across from the sofa where we were sitting. He opened the box and his mouth dropped. He pulled out the guitar and his mom gasped.

“Babe… This is… This is beautiful…” He said, examining it really good.

“Merry Christmas, Joshua!” You said, smiling.

“You’re welcome,” Ausia whispered.

“How did you get here in time?” You whispered back.

“As soon as I found out I had the wrong gift, I told my mom I had to give it back so we left as soon as everyone opened the gifts.”

“So you drove an hour just to make sure he got the right gift?”

“What are friends for?” She said, hugging you. “Also, did you like the cosplay makeup I gave you?”

“YOU GAVE MY COSPLAY MAKEUP?!” You yelled, interrupting Wonho’s gift opening.

“Oops… Merry Christmas!” She said, making a face.

“Althea?” Joshua’s mom asked, suddenly.

“Uh, yes, Ms. Hong?” You answered, turning your attention to her.

“I’m really happy you met my son. No one else has made him this happy before. I’m blessed you are in our lives. Merry Christmas, sweetheart!” She said, smiling warmly .

“Merry Christmas!” You said, back, dying in the inside but hugging her on the outside.

“I GOT A RAMYUN MAKER! YES! KIHYUN BROKE THE OTHER ONE!” Wonho yelled, breaking the moment. “OOH AND A PERSONALIZED CHOKER?! I’M CAN DEFINITELY BE DADDY NOW!”

“WONHO! MS. HONG IS RIGHT HERE!” Ausia yelled, getting up and covering his mouth. 

____________________________________________

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY FRIENDSHIP ANNIVERSARY BUDDIE! I am SO sorry this probably and also, I am not self absorbed, I promise. I didn't like the fact that I added myself in here but I kinda liked the idea of the premise so I just left it. If you hate it, I can send you my crappy edits to make you laugh and forget all about it! LOVE CHU LOTS!