ch. 2 - eyes

Then there's you

The most common eyecolor is brown, may it be dark or light. It's not really as unique as having gray eyes, or blue, or green, you get what I mean.

Apparently, Koreans, including half-Koreans, have brown eyes. Like mine, my friends, my parents, my little sister, Somi, basically everyone I see here in Korea have brown eyes.

You could say that we're all alike and nothing's special.

I'm gonna break the fourth wall by going back to the previous chapter and reminding you guys that Ennik Somi Jeon Douma is a special case, I find every little thing special about her.

I'll be talking about that beautiful brown eyes of hers that I can't seem to look at for too long.

I mean, I can look her in the eyes and tell her things but her gaze is always somewhere other than me. I sound like a possessive boyfriend when in reality I'm just the guy best friend who has a hopeless crush on his beautiful and dorky best friend.

Her beautiful orbs always seem to look at everything. What can I say? She's a curious child who has so many questions and wonders about the world, life, and existence. 

As of the moment, while I sit on her bed and listen to her rant on how her teacher would always call her attention despite listening and being top in class, she was stomping around and was almost screaming in frustration. Her eyes burning with passion of dislike for her teacher. Hate is a strong word. 

"She has the nerve to call me every single time. She doesn't even care if Natty sleeps in class or if Jaemin and Mark are passing notes in front of me or even if Suah and Kriesha slip in class late. It's as if she has a CCTV on my every move, her hands itching to catch me and get me in trouble. What kind of teacher does that?!"

Somi jumped on her bed, pulling me to lay down beside her. She buried her face in her pillow as I watched her, an empathetic smile formed on my lips as I her hair with my other hand. She turned to look at me and pouted. 

"Hansol-ah, what will I do with that terror teacher? What am I saying, I bet you have more professors who are worst than this teacher. I'm sorry for ranting to you about this." Somi's eyes were watery as she apologized making me want to hug her, which I didn't hesitate to do. Holding her close as if she were mine and I was hers.

My left arm around her waist while my right hand was supporting her head which was buried in the crook of my neck. Our position was a bit awkward because we were both laying down but I couldn't be any happier than this.

"Don't be sorry you child. Everyone would get a teacher like that at some point. She's just jealous of you cause you can answer any question thrown at you." I said softly, kissing the side of her head. "And I don't mind hearing what you have to say if it'll help you feel better after."

Somi looked up at me, her lips trembling slightly as her eyes shined from the tears that were forming. My thumb immediately wiped it before it could even fall down to her cheeks. "Don't cry, you'll look ugly. I don't mind hearing anything you tell me, I just told you." She rested her forehead against mine, her face in between my hands.

"Do you wanna look ugly?"

"I'm already ugly, I'm stuck like this." She said in a sulking kind of voice which made me chuckle. "You're such an idiot, you know that?"

Somi chuckled softly and kissed the tip of my nose. Sometimes I wonder if she feels the same way I do. She does these intimate things with me that I don't think is just what friends like us do. Well I do see some friends be this intimate, and continue to stay as friends, nothing more, nothing less.

"I'm an idiot I get it."

"But you're my idiot so don't feel down if your teacher does that to you again okay? If ever you're sad about her again, I'll be here for you. She probably doesn't have a best friend as awesome as I am that's why she's so salty with you." I said and flipped my hair like a girl would, which thankfully made her laugh.

"You're so full of yourself Hansol, but thank you. As much as I don't want to admit it, but your words comforted me and I'm very very very grateful for it. Once again, thank you." Her eyes lit up as she looked me in the eyes and poked my cheek slightly.

Those eyes that I adored. Those eyes that I want to see when I say much wedding vows. Those eyes that I want to wake up to. Those eyes that I want to badly stare at as I confess how I feel. Those eyes that look and adore this newly graduate teacher named Kim Sejeong. Yes, Somi likes any gender there is to offer. She's been in a few relationships, sadly, but thankfully not one of them kissed her yet.

I tucked a few strands of her hair behind her ear and cupped her cheek with one hand, rubbing her cheek with my thumb before leaning in to kiss the tip of her nose. "No problem, if it's you, you know I'll always be here." I said with a smile and rested my forehead with hers. Her eyes fixated on mine. This is the first time we've been so serious, I mean, just staring at each other. Thank you Lord for making me stare at her beautiful eyes.

"You're such a dork." She said softly and chuckled before pulling away and heading to the bathroom.

Of course, it wouldn't last long before she gets tired of being serious while hanging out with me. That's just how we are.