ch. 1 - hair

Then there's you

It was always so soft and silky. I don't how she maintains it. I mean, Jeonghan hyung also has nice hair, but, Somi's hair is different.

 

There were quite a few times wherein she would lay her head on my lap and I would play with it. Running my fingers through her beautiful tresses.

 

Sometimes I'm worried for her health. She's been coloring her hair often, changing from dark brown, which is natural, to light brown, auburn, red. One of these days she might make it look like a rainbow, like her idol, Oh Sehun of EXO.

 

Luckily, she said she'll give the hair coloring thing a rest. I don't want her to damage her hair. She loves her hair, so do I. It's one of the things I love about her.

 

"What's your shampoo?"

 

"Hmmm?" She hummed in question, her eyes closed as she yawned slightly.

 

"I said, what's your shampoo?"

 

Somi shrugged and grinned playfully before opening her eyes. With her fingers on both my cheeks, she pulled and squeezed them slightly making me pout.

 

"I change from time to time. Why?" She answered as she let go of my cheeks and sat up.

 

"Nothing, your hair smells weird, like all the time." I said and chuckled. That wasn't true though. Her hair smelled like strawberries, which in not a fan of, but I like it when the smell is on her.

 

Somi grabbed strands of her hair and gave it a sniff. Her eyebrows furrowed and punched my shoulder in a playful yet harsh way? Do you get me? She's a violent woman, what can I say? And she knows how to punch, thanks to her taekwondo lessons.

 

"You idiot! My hair doesn't smell weird at all! Look, smell it." She bumped my nose with her head, which hurt like hell.

 

"What the was that for?! That hurt! , I think you broke my nose. Nice going Somi." I massaged the bridge of my nose and glared at the said girl, who was laughing her off. If it were other guys, she would've been very very very unappealing, but for some reason, she looked adorable in my eyes.

 

Her eyes would shut, her eyebrows are furrowed, her nose would scrunch lightly while would form a huge smile and laughter would erupt from her. It was adorable.

 

"It's your f-fault." She tried to say in between her laughter. From laughing too hard, she fell off her bed. It was my turn to laugh at her.

 

"Idiot." I said, as I laughed at her. Instead of helping her, I lay on her bed and grinned at her when I turned my head to where she was. "Lookin pretty down there."

 

Somi pouted as she rubbed the sore spot on her .

 

"Why thank you Hansol, not bad yourself. Now, can you help me up? I'm too lazy to get up."

 

"Hmmm... Let me think about it. I like my current position, and I'm too lazy to move too. Helping you up is too much work-"

 

"! Can't count on you for help tsk tsk." I chuckled as she stood up and fell on top of me.

 

Her face buried in the crook of my neck while her arms were wrapped around my waist. I can smell her hair. "What are you doing?" I asked softly.

 

 

I returned her hug with one arm, while the other was used to her hair. The softness and slight tangles proved that it was like any other hair, but it was still perfect to me. So special. Something I can run my fingers through gently, calming me.

 

"I'm resting, can't you see?" She mumbled, her breath tickled my neck which made my breath hitch ever so slightly. I chuckled and closed my eyes, hugging her close.

 

A thought came to me.

 

Will some other man in the future her hair like how I do? Will she allow someone else to do this to her? Does she even have someone in her heart at the moment? What if they end up together? I was hoping only I can do this. Of course, that was only wishful thinking.

 

"Hey, you okay?" Huh? Oh yeah, Somi. She looked at me with concern, her hair disheveled, but still, she was adorable. A smile formed on my lips. "Yeah, I'm okay." "I never seen you that serious though. Are you sure? If you have any problem, just tell me okay? I don't want you looking all gloomy." Somi said as she smiled and kissed my forehead. She's a really touchy person, which makes me wish that sometimes she isn't. What if she's this touchy with her guy friends? I mean, I'm her best friend, but of course, she still has her own guy friends. Some are even my friends. Anyway, back to her touchy self with me.

 

I tried to hide the blush that was creeping up my neck by burying my face in the crook of her neck. She chuckled and ruffled my hair.

 

My hair was different than hers. It was short and kind of rough, despite it looking somehow soft. I have no idea why she likes touching it or playing with it. I don't mind though, as long as I get to play with her hair too.

 

I can't imagine myself running my fingers through other girls' hair. It wouldn't be the same. Somi is special, her hair is the only hair I'll let my fingers touch.

 

 

Pulling back once I calmed down, I smiled and got strands of her hair in between my forefinger an middle finger and kissed it before looking at her. Her ears were red as she tried to cover her face.

 

"You look like a tomato, you know that. Your hands can't hide your face you know- oof!"

 

She dove and buried her face in my neck once again, which made me smile. "You're such an idiot, you know that right?" I heard her mumble, her breath tickling my neck again.

 

"I'm your idiot, though."

 

"Yeah you are. And I don't look like a tomato."

 

"You totally do."

 

"You just said I looked like a potato, when was that, ah! Yesterday!" Somi exclaimed as she pulled away and sat on my stomach. Damn, I think I feel a coming in.

 

"YOU said you looked like a potato, I just agreed." I said, trying to be nonchalant, when in reality, I'm panicking cause Hansol junior is standing up. Somi might notice, !

 

 

I got a pillow and covered it. Somi's pillow or not, I need to hide it. I can't believe I'm aroused at my best friend.

 

She stood up without noticing a thing and faced the mirror. Turning slightly and pouting which gave me time to hide the sausage in my pants.

 

"I look like a freakin taco-"

 

"Excuse you, tacos are beautiful ~"

 

"Are you complimenting me indirectly?"

 

"Nope, I'm saying, tacos are beautiful, find another description for yourself, you don't look like a taco."

 

"FYI."

 

"What? You didn't even say anything."

 

"Fudge you idiot, how are we even friends?"

 

"Don't deny it, you love me."

 

"Whatever."