WEDDING DATE 01.

A MATCH MADE FROM HEAVEN // MATCHES SET. BEST OF LUCK ~
 

www.heaven.com/WEDDINGDATE

Usually, the noise of her tapping away on her computer's keyboard would be a pleasant sound, meaning that her work was going along well. Today, however, it most certainly wasn't.

"Which intern decided to try and re-write part of this code, now the words are all out of order, who even authorized this --" Nu Seol was a great company, and she knew she was lucky to be working there. However, some of the interns they had brought in for this term thought they were a lot smarter than they actually were.

"Hello best friend!" Qiu Hui couldn't help but smile and turn in her desk to face her best friend. "Is it lunch time already, Aejung?" 

The burnette nodded, "Sure is. Now let's go, I've been dying to eat since I got out of my morning meeting!" 

"Okay okay," Qiu Hui laughed, "Let me save my work and we can get going." 

Soon enough, the two women were getting their food from the cafeteria, chatting casually about their work so far, any interesting or funny stories that happened, until they sat down at their place just far enough away from any other tables but still had a good view out of the window to get down to the nitty gritty of their conversation.

"How is it just a bad day for interns?" Aejung shook her head after they both shared their complaints about the interns in their department. "I don't remember ever being so full of myself when interning." 

Qiu Hui shrugged, "I'm guessing a higher up keeps green lighting whatever it is they approach them with. We can't argue with them, but I swear if one more messes with my translation documents that are due tomorrow, they're getting reported. I'm not having my work critcized just because they want to show off." 

"I know you will." Aejung laughed. "So let me tell you this rumor I heard --" And the conversation went on like this for a while, the two eating and sharing stories, until it had lulled enough that they were finishing their meal. 

"Hey," Qiu Hui glanced over at Aejung to let her know she was listening, "How did your interview go at Heaven's?" Oh. Right. It'd been about two weeks since the interview at the matchmaking service. Aejung went more recently, but the two hadn't found time to really sit down and discuss it because of schedules and simply because it hadn't come up. 

Qiu Hui took a sip of her water before answering, "Pretty good. Did you know we went to college with her? She even minored in Korean, I had classes with her and didn't even realize it." She remembered talking to Heaven about the professors and other students in the classes that they shared, and feeling embarrassed when she didn't remember the woman. 

"Yeah, we talked about that a bit. She says it's not all that serious, she was an exchange student and was running around more often than not. It was hard to really get to know her, from what I gathered." Her best friend shrugged, "So interview. What kind of stuff did you let her know?" 

"Well, the interview itself was really nice, actually. She was very thorough and I told her all of my limits and the like." Qiu Hui caught Aejung raising an eyebrow at her, "No, really. I mean all of it. She wasn't even surprised, said that there wasn't anything wrong with that and she'd make sure I was matched with someone who was more than understanding. But what about you?" 


"Easy," Aejung shrugged, "No more white boys." With that, Qiu Hui almost choked on her drink, trying to contain herself as she swallowed before laughing. 

"Oh my god, Aejung!" She laughed, "I mean, yes? But also, did you really say that?" 

Aejung had a look of mock shock, "Of course I did! Heaven laughed."  

"I bet she did." Qiu Hui laughed, shaking her head as she recovered from her friend's sudden blunt statement. They had thrown their trash in the cafe's trash cans and were on their way back to their offices when Aejung spoke up again. 

 "Do you think she'll match us soon?"

Qiu Hui paused for a second, glancing over, "Well," She thought for a moment before continuing on their path, "If you consider her daily intake of matches that she and her crew have to process, I'd say give it time. She'll let us know." 

Aejung sighed, "Yeah, you're probably right." She heard Qiu Hui's phone go off in her office, "Well, that's my cue to leave! See you after work~" She waved, disappearing down the hallway as Qiu Hui rushed to answer her phone before she missed anything important.

~       ~         ~       ~       ~        ~        ~        ~        ~          ~        ~         ~        ~          ~        ~

Friday had never looked so good to Taecyeon, but this week had been rough and he could only hope that the work day went by Qiuckly so he could go home and forget about it completely.

Interns had been screwing things up left and right, messing up documents, codes, and even meeting notes. While he could give some leeway for a few of them, some where just unacceptable and he had to scold them. He hated doing that, but they had to learn, right? 

Taecyeon went through his normal morning routine, cracking his neck as he fixed his tie. "Do I have time to make coffee --" He glanced down at his watch as he secured it around his wrist, only to shake his head. Definitely not, unless he wanted to miss the least crowded train to work. His Friday was not going to begin like that. 

"There's an Edaya Coffee Shop right in the station, if I hurry along I'll be able to get something before hopping the train." He mapped out the time and station in his head as he slipped his shoes on and grabbed his bag for work. Taecyeon hopped down the steps of his apartment complex and took the well known path to the subway station. 

Luck happened to be on his side, because Taecyeon was not only able to get his coffee, but also make the train with great timing. Friday was starting on a pretty decent note, he thought, looking over who was on the train today. It was still a pretty full train car, he wasn't able to sit but he wasn't up against the wall with three or more people pressed into him. 

He took his usual standing spot near the door, keeping an eye on a few seats just in case they were vacated before his stop. Taecyeon took a sip of his coffee as he surveyed who he was sharing this Friday morning train ride with. 

A few regulars, he noted the business casual clad girl who was sitting just beside him who was always on this train, as well as a few lingering students who were trying to make it to class before the last bell, with various aged adults either going to work, meeting friends, or even attending college lectures. 

 Bzzzzt. Bzzzzzt. Bzzzzzt. He felt his phone go off in his suit jacket's pocket, signalling a notification of either a text or email. Figuring it was work, he righted himself on the train in order to pull the device out. 

Bad idea, in every sense of the word. Taecyeon saw  and felt it happening in slow motion. The sudden loss of balance from moving, the loosened grip on his iced americano, and the trajectory of the coffee making a bee line to --

"Wha -- Huh --- Really???" The woman didn't look too angry, her expression and tone landed more along the feeling of distress and embarrassment. Taecyeon couldn't think of anything to do for a solid few seconds, before shaking himself. 

"I'm so so sorry, miss --" He apologized, looking for anything to help get the coffee stain settling into her light pink blouse, only to find that trains in South Korea weren't exactly the place where towels or napkins were abundantly available. The woman just shook her head, "No, it's fine -- I mean, it's not really seeing as I have to go to work and my clothes are ruined but things like this happen --" 

Taecyeon nodded, his mind reeling with possible solutions, "Right right... Where do you work?" 

"Nu Seoul Translations." The name made him do a double take. "Really?" He asked, "I work there as well... How about this, do you know the clothing store right across the street from our building?" 

"I hardly think you need ---"

"Let me buy you a new blouse, please. I'd feel so bad and then you'd go around the office complaining about me and my unhelpful nature -- I have a rep, you know." Taecyeon attempted to joke, earning a slight chuckle from her. 

"So that's a joke then?" She raised an eyebrow, and he nodded slowly. "My attempt at one, yes. Again, I'm really really --" 

"If it'll really make you feel better, and save your reputation, then who am I to refuse." She shook her head, standing up as their stop came up. Taecyeon sighed in relief. He was just about ready to just say no to Friday and go back home, maybe call up Nickhun and see if he would be able to grab a beer tonight so he could just forget about this week. Luckily, this woman seemed just as embarrassed and unsure about this situation as he was and was taking it better than some.


The walk to the clothing store was awkward for the both of them. Mostly because Taecyeon didn't know what to say excluding 'I'm sorry' and the woman was simply uncomfortable with all of the obvious, blatant stares directed towards her ruined blouse. 

Luckily, they got into the store and to Taecyeon's relief, she didn't waste time picking out a blouse in her size and letting him pay for it. Afterwards, he led her to the changing rooms and insisted on walking her to work. 

"It's the same building anyways," He said outside the door, "So we might as well." 

She didn't seem to have an argument for that, so together they crossed the street into their company's building. He was just about to bid her goodbye (and hopefully never see her again out of shame and embarrassment) another more familiar coworker came round the corner, staring widely at the woman beside her. 

"Where have you been?" She directed at the other girl, before noticing his presence and straightening herself. "Oh, hello! I remember you." 

He couldn't stop himself from raising an eyebrow, "Oh?"

"Yes, Ok Taecyeon right? From the Diplomatic department?" As soon as she got his name out of , the girl beside him started choking. 

Taecyeon couldn't believe that his week turned out this way. First unreliable interns, then unreliable hands and subway trains, now someone was choking on him. Did he remember the Heimlich remover when he took that one helath class in high school? Health Class in Bedford wasn't all that great, and it's been a while --

"I think we're a match, Taecyeon?" 

Wait.

What?

Author's Note

Second couple is now revealed! Congratulations to you-gave-us-a-galaxy and her couple, Ok Taecyeon and Bai Qiu Hui! I love the meeting idea too much to pass up -- I hope you like what I did with it! I'll be outlining and setting up for the next few couples while I'm out of town, so either I'll update on the 10th OR I'll update the day after I return (the 15th). Either way, those updates will be a double update, so make sure to check out both of the new couples! :D Thanks everyone ~
NEXT UP:
- (2) Couples Revealed : by 07/15
- Remember to comment if your couple is chosen!