[KaiSoo] My Lady

Empty Files (EXO)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
My Lady


Pairing: KaiSoo

Summary: A new detective is called in to catch a man running from his international crimes. Jongin is the spoiled brat caught in the crossfire of suspicion and intrigue.

Notes: I wrote this over the summer when I was half asleep and omg, it's so cheesy and terrible that others must read this. 

 

 

 

The dark streets of London welcomed him into its midst as if it were an old friend. The night sky was cast in deep greys, never really becoming dark enough to show the stars, the smog of the city made him sick. Soft rain made pitter patter noises as it fell on the ground, the old stone giving way and holding puddles the rain formed. He stepped into a puddle, ignoring the way the mud clung to his boots, he could always change them for a new pair.

 


“Ey! You lookin’ for a bed partner?” A voice called out into the night. He stilled and turned to face the owner of the vulgar tone. ‘Another …’ He thought with distain at the woman shamelessly approaching him.

 

The woman gave him a vulgar smile, probably intended to be seductive. “I can ‘elp with the right price, ‘course.” The woman propositioned, leaning close to his form and touching his bicep from the outside of his fine cloak.

 

 

‘Trash.’ He thought with disgust as the woman gave him a smile full of missing teeth. None the less, he looked down at her from the brim of his hat and smiled charmingly. The e felt her breath catch in surprise; it seems that the fine gentleman taking a stroll through the late night rain was quite the looker, despite his almost foreign features…

 


“Miss, I’d be glad to have your company for the night,” The man began, his voice deep and velvety. He gently placed his hand under the woman’s dirty chin and lifted her face toward his. “Perhaps, I could entertain the idea of matrimony, if you were by my side.” He purred in a lilting tone, his dark eyes flashing with a dark promise that the woman was oblivious to.

 


“Aye!” The woman said eagerly, drawing closer to the gentleman who promised a comfortable future, something that only one of her station could only dream of- never mind the fact that the man’s promises were too good to be true.

 


The man smirked as he drew the woman to his side, not bothered when she clung desperately to his arm as he led her into a darkened alleyway. Later, as a pained gasp echoed in the air and died into a gurgle, the man looked into the sky and relished the rare parting of rain clouds, the full moon shining down onto the red streets and the metal of wicked blades. ‘It is another beautiful night.’

 


-0-0-0-0-0-0-

 


“Ah, it’s another bloody murder.” A portly man in his late thirties said as he crouched by the figure covered in a white sheet on the ground. A young man standing off to the side came forward with a notepad. “Sir, is there any similarities between this case and the one on Abbey Street?”

 


The portly man dropped the sheet in disgust as he stood up and whirled on the inquisitive young man. “Perry, I believe that the head Chief has asked for privacy this morning!”
The young man did not even so much as blink as he addressed the larger, irate male.

 

“But, sir, it is the duty of the Scotland Yard to protect the citizens of London, no?” He replied as he put the ink pen behind his ear and placed his notepad into the pocket of his jacket. “And as such, when the Yard fails to uphold its vows, it’s up to the reporters to inform the public of the reason for their failure as well as to warn them about the incompetence of their police force, correct?”

 


The grizzled man growled at the reporter. “That may be, Perry, however, the public need not be needlessly stirred into a panic by a whelp of a reporter looking to make a name for himself by causing mass hysteria in the papers!” The man exclaimed as he walked closer to the reporter, towering over the blonde male. “Now, if you would leave the investigating to the professionals, you may leave.” The older man’s request was spoken as a question, but it rang with the undertones of an order.

 


“I apologize,” Perry said insincerely. “I did not mean to overstay my welcome.”

 


The grizzled man scoffed, and he would have given a scathing reply about the reporter, but he was distracted by an official officer who came to his side. The man was wearing the uniform of the navy, a general to be exact.

 

“Sir.” The head detective deferred, his head inclined slightly in the wake of his superior.

 


The navy general waved him off and began speaking immediately. “Detective Abberline,” He began in a serious tone, casting a furtive glance at Perry from the corner of his eyes. The reporter caught him staring and he dared to send a cheeky smile in the general’s direction before he tugged the bill of his newsboy cap low over his eyes an made his way away from the crime scene, the crowd easily swallowing his form.

 

“I have come to see you in regards to a foreigner.” The general continued, turning his attention behind him as he waved a small form over.

 


Detective Abberline watched with interest as a small figure came forward, surprised that the navy general would bother to a mere foreigner to the city of London. “And what, pray tell, endears you to the idea that I would have anything to do with some wayward heathen?” Abberline asked with a raised brow, daring to look the general in the eyes as if to say ‘Well?’

 


The general huffed and gruffly pushed the petite male forward, causing him to stumble. Abberline briefly lost his blasé act when he saw that the foreign male was…different. He had wide, dark eyes, soft pale skin, and shiny black hair that looked far more luxurious than any mop of hair he’d seen in all of London. For lack of a better word, he was…beautiful.

 


“Detective Abberline,” The young man began in accented English, the words falling off his tongue in an unfamiliar and awkward manner. “I am Do Kyungsoo.” He said simply with a low bow following his words, as if the name were enough of an introduction.

 


The detective seemed startled at the bow, but when he cast a look at the navy general, he saw that it wasn’t a surprising action to the military man. “Pleased to make your acquaintance, Mr. Kungso.” Abberline said, completely butchering the pronunciation of the young man’s name. At Kyungsoo’s confused look, the detective offered a hand to shake rather than bowing as the foreign male did.

 


Kyungsoo frowned as he stared at Abberline’s hand. “My family name is Do, Mr. Abberline.” He said, correcting the older man’s mistake.

 


“Alright, Mr. Do,” Abberline amended, un-phased at the lack of a proper handshake as he dropped his hand to his side. “What has brought you to the Queen’s country, and why am I blessed with your presence?” The detective watched Kyungsoo as he spoke, noting that the young man watched his mouth intently and the way he seemed to think before he replied.

 


“You do not know of me?” Kyungsoo finally asked in surprise, his strangely pronounced words falling and lifting in a lilting tone. When Abberline shook his head, his frown deepened and a small furrow appeared on his brow. “Aish! Pabo Chanyeol!” Kyungsoo cursed in his own language, making Abberline and the navy general look at each other uncertainly before Kyungsoo began speaking in English again. “I apologize, it seems that my colleague has made an error in communication-”

 


Someone in the crowd broke though the closed off area and began frantically running up to the cad

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter