2/3

Three of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   "Kim Jongdae, correct?" The man with glasses that hangs on the tip of his nose shoots Jongdae a glance.

"Yes, sir." He is sweating. Sweating a lot. The look the older male is giving him makes him think about all the bad things he's done in his whole entire life. Bushy eyebrows and strongly defined features; it almost scares Jongdae. The older male flips through his resume silently, and Jongdae feels like crying because the awkward silence is killing him. The only sound in the quiet office is the clock, ticking softly, reminding Jongdae that he literally just ran out of school without even consulting a teacher.

"Well, your resume and your volunteer work seem pretty good." The man mumbles quietly and Jongdae straightens up his back onto the seat.

"Um, thank you...sir?" He hesitantly says, the man never even gave him his name.

"Yifan, Kim Yifan." The male- Yifan says and shuffles Jongdae's papers then pulls off his glasses from his face.

"Ah, you're Chinese?" Jongdae's eyes lit up. Luhan tells him about China all the time, talks about how lively the streets are and how the lanterns in quiet towns make the place look all pretty. Baekhyun even joked about bringing Jongdae there because he seemed so interested in it.

"Yeah," Yifan smiles and wow, Jongdae didn't think anyone with strong features can look so- nice? "I'm glad you noticed. I usually go by Kris but since I have to be formal, I introduced myself with my real name."

"Wait but your last name is Korean?" Jongdae blinks in confusion. 

"That." Yifan pulls up his hand and oh. Jongdae see's the gold band that sits proudly on Yifan's finger; he doesn't miss the 'J&Y' carved onto the ring. "It's my husband's last name. I didn't want to keep mine."

"It's pretty!" 

"Thank you." Yifan chuckles and folds his hands together. "You seem pretty interesting, you're still in school right?"

Jongdae nods, "Yup."

"You're hired if you can come after school," Yifan says with a small smile, sliding Jongdae's papers back to him.

"Wow, really! Thank you! When do I start?" Jongdae exclaims, eyebrows raising up. He can't wait to tell Baekhyun and Chanyeol about this.

"How about next Thursday? My husband will be coming in and so will a couple of the other workers, we can help you get trained." 

"Yeah! That sounds great; thank you." Jongdae stands up before bowing.

"No problem Jongdae, it'll be a pleasure to be to be working with you." 

- - -

   Jongdae shortly returned back to school, scared that he'd get in trouble even though he knew he would, he waited on the rooftop until passing time. He felt bad for leaving his two best friends so suddenly but the interview was important to him. 

He immediately walked towards his locker as soon as the bell rang, students quickly filling the hallways and the shoving at him. He rolls his eyes and opens up his locker before noticing the tall figure leaning against the locker beside him.

"'Dae, where did you go?" Chanyeol had his hands shoved in his pocket and his red hair tussled. He looked good, Jongdae admitted, Baekhyun too. Jongdae will never say it out but he feels like the ugly friend. He looks around the crowded hallway, Baekhyun wasn't with him since he has class in another building, sadly for the taller.

"To my interview, don't you ever listen to me?" Jongdae then says while grabbing his books out.

"Yeah but you left so sudden and left me in physics, alone," Chanyeol grumbles and reaches over to fix Jongdae's hair that was poking out. Jongdae blushes and red lights were obviously going off in his head. This is his best friend and his best friends boyfriend.

Chanyeol eyes shift to Jongdae's pink cheeks, "Your hair seemed messy and everywhere." He says and continues to run his large fingers through Jongdae's hair.

Jongdae chewed on his lower lip before throwing fleeting glances at Chanyeol. "Yeah, um, it was windy outside." He mumbles, thanks to the bell for stopping whatever just happened as it rang loudly.
 
"Well, we should go!" Jongdae coughs then brushed off Chanyeol's hand and slammed his locker shut, he's ready to run because he suddenly feels confused. He didn't expect Chanyeol to laugh and reach his own fingers towards Jongdae's short fingers. "You say 'we' but you seem like you're running away."

The shorter feels like screaming because that's not true, Chanyeol and Baekhyun are his best friends and he should not be running away. He's held hands with Ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter