Talk, talk and talk

Miss Engineer

Author's note:

This chapter will be loooooooong! But its full with conversations so dont worry!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soo Young took her steps toward the coffee shop. Just by looking at the shop from outside already made her mesmerized by the aesthetic look of the shop. Various kind of coffees was listed on the menu list with illustrations to picture how the coffees would look like.  Packets of brewed coffee was arranged neatly on the dark brown shelf located just right beside the counters.  There were a gallery look-a-like section too,  showcasing the achievement of the franchise and maybe it was a strategy to attracts customers.

Finally decided to push the door of the shop, Soo Young stop on her track again for a second, inhaling the nice aromatic scent of the coffee shop. She wasn't a coffee person, as it never really her cup of tea . She only consumes it when she need to stay awake, always add sugar to reduce it's bitterness,  even though she always knew with or without sugar,  coffees didn't work for her,  she will always fall asleep but only an hours or two after her normal sleep time.  But the shop somehow stole her heart and maybe she will try to love coffee.  

Seung Yoon faked a cough,  indicating that Soo Young have been in awe for too long. ''Are you seriously gonna stand here,  enjoying the aromatic scent and the view rather than just spending your money for our coffees and your time here for the next 55 minutes of our lunch time?'' Seung Yoon groan, pushing Soo Young toward the counter. 

"I want Caramel Latte.'' Seung Yoon said, hands on both of Soo Young's shoulders. He got way too comfortable being with Soo Young. 

Soo Young nodded. Using her right hand,  she shooed Seung Yoon to search for a spot for them.

Soo Young tapped her chin, 'What to drink, what to drink~?' She thought. After 10 seconds of thinking, she sigh. She decided to go with the same drink Seung Yoon chose "Two caramel latte please." The cashier just nod, while her fingers busily tapping on the computer, preparing for the order.

 "Thank you for your orders. Please wait until your numbers popped on the screen", said the cashier, smiling while handing her the receipts and balances with the numbers after Soo Young paid for the drinks.  Soo Young nodded, and waited at the corner of the counter.  Humming,  she look to her right and left, enjoying the design of the shop again. She love just how the decoration matched each other,  how the gray coloured wall have cream coloured paint smudged on it.  It wasn't that visible, but for someone as artistic as Soo Young (that's what she thought herself), it was just a way to make the wall looks fancier but still looks simple.

After two minutes of enjoying the shops decorations, Soo Young heard a beep. She immediately lift her head to look at the screen. Checking the number on her receipt , she look at the drinks on a worker's hand who she assumed a barista . She handed her receipts to the barista, Jeno. She figured his name out by reading his name tag. He look like a high schoolers. 

'So young'

 'Wasnt he supposed to be at school? Oh right, its school's break now.' Soo Young shooked her head. 

"Umm Miss?", the  barista,  Jeno tilted his head,  moving it closer to Soo Young's.  Soo Young was taken aback by his action,  her cheek flushed. "Don't do that!"  she said and pout.Jeno just laugh. He smiled showing his eye smile. "I'm sorry, but you seem to be out of your body just now." She was awe-struck by his look and voice. Both so damn good! 

"Ahh sorry~ But you know what Mr. Jeno? You could have been a successful idol with that great look and voice of yours. You know, if I have the authority to handpick random person to be a trainee at the entertainment I worked at right now, I would have just gave you my business card and ask you to call me if you're interested", Soo Young said bluntly, whispering the last sentence.

Jeno widen his eyes, and laugh merrily, while clapping his hands. "Really? But I'm a trainee myself." Soo Young furrowed her right eyebrow. "Omg wow! I will be your fan then! And please remember this, Im your first fan when you debut!" Soo Young laugh. "I will make sure to remember that then. You look too young to work at an entertainment. Part timer or full timer? You look like a high schoolers too. What entertainment you work for?" Jeno bombarded her with question, handing her the drinks and untie his apron.

Soo Young chuckled. "Please don't mind me, my shift for today ended just a minute ago." Jeno said, took a quick glance at his watch and then offered to help Soo Young with the drinks. They both walk side to side, while Soo Young busily searched for Seung Yoon and they both went to the seats where Seung Yoon is.  

"I'm a full timer. Me? Look like a high schooler? Is it because of my height? Hahhaha. In fact I'm 25, and I work as an engineer at YG entertainment. " , Soo Young laugh. Upon hearing that, Jeno stopped on his track. "God... I though you were around my age because I'm 19. Your face look- im sorry to say this but- childish. In a great way. And yes, I admit, your height is a factor too. Gee.." Jeno felt embarassed at himself.

Soo Young couldn't help but to laugh again. "Seriously,  don't be too sorry.  I'm okay with that hahahahaha! Because I'm only 155 centimeters,  people often thought I'm younger than my age. Well- oh we're here. " Soo Young stopped. "Well , I wish we can talk more,  Jeno, but.. " Soo Young squinted her eyes, scanning Seung Yoon. "But someone is already in his dream while we talk." Jeno took a look at Seung Yoon who's head was resting on his overlapped hands. Jeno frowned slightly.

"Your boyfriend?", Jeno asked before he slapped his mouth for asking such personal question. "Nah no. Don't worry~", Soo Young said slyly, winked her eye. She reached for the drinks in Jeno's hands and put it slowly on the table. "Thanks Jeno." She smiled sweetly. Jeno rubbed his nape. "My pleasure. Uhh...  Is there any way I can reach you? I wanted to talk more." Jeno grinned.

'Woah, he's bold', Soo Young thought, but she was okay with it. Slipped her hand inside her bag, she reached for her tacky notes, and pen. She wrote her personal number there. Jeno just eyed her fingers move swiftly. "If you don't mind, may I have your business card too?", Soo Young just nodded and search for her card holder, took one of her business card, and paste the tacky note on it.

"Here. Give me a call when you have time" Soo Young said and Jeno received it happily. "Okay~ Enjoy your drink~" Jeno said and wave goodbye to Soo Young as he run toward the counter and disappear from Soo Young's sight. Soo Young waved back and she took her seat in front of Seung Yoon.

Soo Young knocked the table with her knuckle. Seung Yoon  lifted his head slowly and look at Soo Young. "Haven't got enough sleep huh?", Soo Young said, her left hand pushed a drink to Seung Yoon while she slurped on her own drink. Seung Yoon just nod. "Yeah what can I do, we're still trying to 'upgrade' our song now"

"Tch tch, young man, do not stress yourself out." Soo Young said jokingly.

"Hey Soo Young." 

"Yes?" 

"Have you ever thought to be an idol?"

"To be honest, yes."

"Ever auditioned before?"

"Never tried one."

"You should."

Soo Young look at Seung Yoon. "You're serious?! I just thought about it. But I know I dont have the talents that will make me an idol. Beside, I already earn myself a job so-"

"So you just give up like that? Tch."

"Im not giving up. Gee.. Stop that. Look, we only have 15 minutes left. Let's get going." Soo Young rolled her eyes.

 

 

 

"You're changing the topic!" Seung Yoon said, thumping his feet. "And you just realised that?" Soo Yong look at YG's building emotionlessly. "When we already arrived at the building?" 

"Yes! Look, seriously, if I got chance to make you a celebrity. I will! Just see!", Seung Yoon said, knitting his eyebrows together.

"What exactly make you have the right to make me one? What got into your mind to even think of making me an idol- o-or- a celebrity?!" , Soo Young stuttered.

"Nothing.  I just thought you should have been one. Besides,  I can showers you with controversies!!!  Muahahahahaha!!! " Seung Yoon said and run for his life.  "Thanks for the drinks by the way!", he hollered.

"KANG FREAKING SEUNG YOON!  WE JUST MET,  HOW THE HELL YOU'RE EVEN THINKING OF DOING SOMETHING BAD TO ME?!"

 'Just you wait Seung Yoon'