COMPLETE (MINA X MOMO)

Don't we all just love Myoui Mina?


Mina's POV 

 

I was in class during break doing my work as per normal. Everyone around me is talking about the annual arts appreciation festival in school. Every year our school organizes the arts appreciation festival to obviously appreciate the arts, both visual and performing arts, and also because our arts faculty feel like they don't get any recognition as compared to the sports faculty so yeah and it's a must to take part whether it being acting, singing, dancing, drawing or even just helping out in performances. I'm a ballerina so I've always been on the dance team. 

 

"My dear Mina!!!!" Jihyo shouted. 

I looked up and saw my friend running to me with her big sparkly eyes. 

"So have you heard about the upcoming arts appreciation festival?" 

"Well obviously everyone's talking about it so how could I not know!" 

"So what are you gonna do hmm?" 

"I'll just probably dance or actually I've been thinking about doing a performance with Momo I mean like we've been talking about it and..." 

"Okay forget about your plans of flailing your arms and legs around as a performance. This year you're going to be in my play." 

Oh and did I forget to mention that Jihyo was President of the Drama Club? 

"What? No way Jihyo. By the way dancing requires technique and feeling okay we do not flail our arms and legs anywhere." 

"What about a bet? If you win the bet, I'll back off about the play but if you lose the bet, you're gonna be in my play. To make this more appealing to you, it's gonna be playing video games, in particular a game of your choice." 

Hmm a game? of my choice? Gosh Jihyo is going down. I agreed immediately and I made her download this game that I'm sure I would win at. Suddenly, Jihyo brought in this random guy and he started playing for her. Not wanting to lose focus, I continued to play. 

"OMG! Mina just lost. YES I WIN THE BET ASSA!" 

"How is that far you didn't tell me that I wasn't going to play against you!"

"Oh poor you, see you at auditions tomorrow Mina! I'll text you the details!" 

Gosh that girl. Oh what have I gotten myself into zz. Just as I was immersed in my own thoughts, I didn't realize that a blonde haired girl was standing in front of my face. 

"Minaring, what are you thinking about?" 

 I jumped from my seat and clutched my heart. 

"Momo you gave me a shock!" 

"Hehe sorry but anyway so the AAF is coming up and I was wondering if you'd wanna do a duet with me? I think it'll be really cool finally dancing together as best friends don't you think?" 

"Ah Momo I would really love to but you see I sort of lost a bet to Jihyo and now I have to take part in the school play. I'm really sorry Momo please forgive me. I really thought that I would win the bet because it was my favorite game but I lost so I had no choice." 

I continued apologizing and I saw a tinge of sadness and disappointment in her eyes. 

"Stop apologizing it's alright! But if you really are apologetic, treat me to some Jokbal now. I mean schools over already so lets go now now now. I NEED MY JOKBAL!" 

This Jokbal maniac is just too cute. I agreed and she squealed. Her excitement makes my heart flutter and I just find new reasons to be in love with my best friend. 

 


Momo's POV

 

I link my arms with Mina's and hurriedly dragged her out of school to my favorite Jokbal place. I was disappointed that I wouldn't be able to dance with Mina this year because I actually had already planned what we could do and I also had wanted to use this opportunity to  tell that cute penguin that I like her but oh well there goes my dreams. 

 

"Momo, tomorrow I have auditions and I was wondering if you would be willing to follow me? I probably won't get any important roles but still I want to put in effort for Jihyo because I can tell how badly she wants her play to succeed so would you please be my moral support tomorrow?" 

 

Moral support? I would gladly give you anything. Obviously I agreed because when else would I get a chance to see Myoui Mina acting and auditioning for a play. I can imagine her on stage looking like the most elegant and beautiful ballerina but strangely I can also imagine her making a fool of herself by being shy and everything. Either way she's still my Mina and I love her. 

 

"So Momo what are you going to do now for AAF? You should do a solo!" 

"Hmm maybe I will or nah. I'm not sure but I'll let you know when I decide!" 

 

We get to the Jokbal place and placed our orders. We chatted about our day and really random things until it was getting late. We walked home together all the time because we lived in the same complex and I could actually see her room from mine so I guess we're a bit like those lovers in dramas but only if she loved me like I loved her. 


Next Day 

I patiently waited for Mina to finish class so I could accompany her to her audition. Although Mina was the one auditioning, I couldn't help but feel excited and nervous to see Mina on stage. I hope she does well. I hope she doesn't faint. Oh my god what if she really faints or what if she gets injured or what if she gets kidnapped okay this is bad I'm overthinking my Mina will be fine. She finally comes out of class and I see her wearing a simple white t-shirt with black ripped jeans and a pair of high tops. How can someone be so hot and cute at the same time? I could feel myself staring at her for a bit too long but I couldn't help it she was just too beautiful to ignore. 

"Moguri? Momo? Momo?? HIRAI MOMO?????" Mina shouted at me, trying to get my attention. 

Whoops I definitely stared for too long. She links our arms together and we started walking towards the auditorium where auditions were being held. Mina was talking a lot and rambling on and on about the most irrelevant things which was a sign that she was really nervous and worried. Whenever Mina gets nervous, she does everything 2x speed and becomes way more talkative. There was this one time when we had to sing in front of the class one by one and before Mina's performance, she started talking about the dinner she had the night before and it sounded as if she were rapping. It was hilarious and I still have a video of it till now. But honestly what's really amazing is that, she never screws up during the actual thing. We entered the auditorium and surprisingly it was totally packed. 

 

"Mina you came! Oh I see you brought Momo too!! Momo are you interested in joining our play? Your girlfriend is joining already so why not?" Jihyo smirked. 

"Wh..What g..girl..friend are you talking about please Jihyo please don't say nonsense like that to Momo." I thought I saw Mina blushing but it was quite dark. 

"Haha it's fine but nah Jihyo I already signed up for dance! Acting isn't my thing." 

"Aww that you would've been a great addition to the play! Anyways, Mina you're up after two more girls please standby backstage and Momo just sit anywhere and admire your girlfriend." 

 

Mina playfully hit Jihyo and asked her to stop while I laughed at her being shy and all. It was so cute but wouldn't it be amazing to call Myoui Mina my girlfriend? 

 

Mina's POV 

 

I regret my life. Why did I tell Jihyo that I liked Momo ugh. Oh no what if Momo saw me blushing and heard my heartbeat oh no I swear my heart was beating so fast and loud how could she not hear? I'm screwed. My life is over. Momo's gonna judge me till the day I die.

"Miguri, it's time for you to standby! I'll be sitting right there watching you okay. Good luck although I don't think you'll be needing it." 

Momo gave me a warm smile and hugged me before pushing me to go backstage and prepare. Gosh she's so cute. For today's audition we had to act out a random scene from the play and oh wow how nice I got the scene where the girl confesses to the guy about her feelings. I read through the script and found this really relatable except the only difference is  that Momo is a girl. 

"Next up, Mina please." 

It's my turn. A few girls around me wished me luck and I stepped on stage. I saw Momo looking at me and we made eye contact. She mouthed a good luck and made finger hearts and I almost got a heart attack. That girl has powers. I don't know how but she's got some control over me. I started acting out the scene. I was supposed to be a shy girl confessing to her crush. Practicing backstage was a bit awkward but once I imagined the "crush" as Momo, it came really naturally. I started acting out what I had practiced within that short amount of time and after I was done I heard many people applauding and I saw Momo standing up and clapping for me. Even though she looked like a fool, she looked like my fool. Oh my gosh I'm so cringey. I got off stage and Momo ran towards me and gave me a big tight hug. 

 

"That was so good! I didn't know you could act that well! What other talents do you have hiding under your skin Myoui Mina?" 

"I mean I had some help to make it more natural so yeah." 

"Help? Hmm what do you mean? Mina you have a crush?????" 

"Uh what crush haha no please no crush haha uh let's go home now." 

 

Momo's POV 

Mina was so good on stage. Like perfect, 100% amazing. She had acted out a scene where she was confessing to a guy and it was so real. If only I could be that guy :(. I saw her getting off stage so I ran to her immediately and gave her a hug. I gave her compliments and asked her how she managed to pull it off so well and she said that she had help. "help" Now I'm curious. I asked if she had a crush, she said no but we all know how bad Mina is at lying. She avoided the topic and walked out quickly with me running behind her. So Mina has a crush. I'm kind of curious because I want to know just who managed to capture my penguin's heart but I'm scared that I'll have to give up my feelings for her because of her crush. Okay I'm going to text Jihyo tonight, seems like she knows something's up too when she mentioned me as Mina's "girlfriend". 

 

Momo: Jihyoooooooo 
God Jihyo: Yes Moguri what do you want? 
Momo: Does Mina have a crush?????? 
God Jihyo: Why not you ask her yourself and what makes you think so 🤔
Momo: She's avoiding the topic and because you saw how well she did at auditions right? 
God Jihyo: YES omg Mina was so good! I didn't expect that much from her but she really did blow me away. 
Momo: IKR. But yes so I asked her how she managed to do so well and she told me that she had "help" AND OBVIOUSLY THAT "HELP" SHE WAS REFERRING TO WAS HER CRUSH. LIKE SHE WAS IMAGINING THAT SHE WAS ACTUALLY CONFESSING TO HER CRUSH. So yes Jihyo please tell me 😭 
God Jihyo: No can do Momo. I promised not to say anything but why do you seem so agitated? DO YOU LIKE MINA? 
Momo: ... 
God Jihyo: OMG YOU DO LIKE MINA. I knew it there was this look in your eyes whenever you looked at her. 
Momo: is it that obvious? omg you don't think Mina knows right omg IM SCREWED. What if Mina knows and she starts avoiding me? JIHYO HELP. 
God Jihyo: Hirai Momo please calm down. Mina is really dense af. I don't think she knows and don't worry I won't tell her. Oh right AND I've got some good and bad news for you but mainly good for Mina. 
Momo: What is it?? 
God Jihyo: Mina got the LEAD ROLE in our play!! 
Momo: That's great omg she deserves it. I can't wait to see her act on stage. JIHYO I WANT FRONT ROW TICKETS. 
God Jihyo: Yes yes okay don't worry. But the thing is the other lead is Choi Wonjae. You know the hottest sunbae on campus? Yeah that Choi Wonjae. 
Momo: So what? 
God Jihyo: They're going to be acting together. There's a kissing scene. Rumor has it that sunbaenim likes your dear Mina and he joined just to get closer to her. 
Momo: WHAT? JIHYO HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME :( YOU KNOW MINA HASN'T HAD HER FIRST KISS RIGHT. OF ALL GUYS WHY HIM? PLEASE CHANGE THE GUY PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! 😭🙏🏼
God Jihyo: I'm sorry Momo but he really was the most suitable candidate for the role. Aww is someone jealous? You should've auditioned you know. 
Momo: z BYE JIHYO BYE I need to get over this. 

I'm dead what if during the play, Mina falls in love with Wonjae sunbae?? I'm so screwed omg zz. There goes my chance with Mina but it's not like she'll like me back anyway... 

 

THREE WEEKS LATER 

It's been so long since Mina and I had hung out because of our rehearsals and everything. I had agreed to do a solo for the dance performance. I didn't actually want to do it but seeing Mina beg me to do it was just irresistible like how could anyone say no to her aegyo that rarely ever comes out?? Thankfully today I had no rehearsals and Mina invited me to watch her final rehearsal before tomorrow's performance. By the time I had arrived at the rehearsal studio, they were already rehearsing. I quietly went to sit and observe Mina. She didn't notice I was there. I took this opportunity to admire the goddess on stage. The way she acts and move is just so elegant. Her voice so soft and her face so angelic. Conclusion: Myoui Mina is clearly an angel sent down from the heavens. Finally after 20 minutes, they had a break and I went over to Mina. She hadn't noticed me yet so I decided to shock her from behind. 

 

"BOO!" 

"MUMMY SAVE ME!" Mina shouted as she turned around. 

"OMG HIRAI MOMO WHY? I almost got a heart attack! When did you get here though?" 

"Haha you're so cute and I've been here for about 25 minutes already but you were too engrossed in your rehearsals to notice me. BTW your acting is so on point! You should totally consider being an actress." 

 

Mina blushed and cutely denied. Just then Jihyo had called for rehearsals to resume so I went back to my seat and wished Mina good luck. 

"Okay guys this scene is THE SCENE. THE SCENE where two lovers finally share their first kiss. It's gonna be so romantic. MAKE ME WANT TO HAVE YOUR RELATIONSHIP. MAKE EVERYONE JEALOUS. MAKE THIS REAL. This scene is going to be amazing okay AMAZING." Jihyo exaggerated. 

Kiss scene? KISS SCENE? KISS SCENE?!?!?! I saw the flustered look on Mina's face. No man no kiss scene today no way. I started praying very hard. "Please God no kiss please no I have been saving my lips for Myoui Mina and I want her first kiss to be mine and I want mine to be hers. God please have mercy. You clearly know how Mina and I are perfect soulmates. Please I will do anything you want just NO KISS today." It was as if my prayers were heard. Suddenly, there was a blackout. 

 

"Guys, I guess you'll just have to kiss tomorrow on stage. Okay as there's a blackout I think we'll call it a day. Tomorrow's the performance so please guys rest well!" Jihyo shouted. 

I went out of the rehearsal studio and waited for Mina to come out. She had come out with Wonjae. 

"So Mina-ssi I guess I'll see you tomorrow? Rest well beautiful." 

"You too Sunbaenim." Mina replied and I swear to god she was blushing. Why do I feel so angry? 

"You like Wonjae sunbae?" 

"No! Why would you think that?" 

"The looks y'all were giving each other were disgusting." 

"Hey Momo are you okay? Why are you being so mean?" 

"Mean? Me? I waited so long for you out here while you were enjoying your time with him!" 

"Well I'm sorry I didn't mean to..." 

"Whatever Mina I got something on I'm gonna go now." 

 

I ran away from Mina. I immediately regret what I did. Why was I so harsh on her? What if I hurt her feelings? Aish I'm such an idiot. I don't have any right to be jealous or anything. What do I do now zz 

Minari❤️🐧:: Hey I'm sorry for making you upset... I still hope you'll come tomorrow for the performance. 

I feel so bad now. What do I do now? In less than 24 hours my Mina's lips won't be a anymore. Life . 

 

Mina's POV 

 

I don't know why Momo was acting that way. I must have done something really bad to offend her. What if she doesn't come tomorrow? I've been acting as if Wonjae was Momo this whole time. I hope Momo won't be too angry. Aish I shouldn't have made her wait for so long. Wait a minute. Why am I worried about Momo when my first kiss will be taken tomorrow by a guy I don't even like? I HAVE BEEN SAVING MY LIPS FOR MOMO. What if Momo doesn't even like me? I've been crushing on Momo for like 2 whole years. I think I should do something but I'm too shy. What if she rejects me? What if she thinks I'm a creep and avoids me for the rest of my life? I'll be screwed as fk. I need Momo in my life. Ugh life . 

Momo🍑😍💖: Yeah I'll be there tomorrow. I'm sorry for just now. Go rest Mina, I can see you from my room. 

I turned to look out my window and saw Momo in her Jokbal PJs signaling for me to go rest. She's so adorable gosh. I take my shower and went to bed anticipating tomorrow. 

 

NEXT DAY BEFORE THE PERFORMANCE. 

I was outside the performing arts theatre taking pictures with all my friends who came to watch. This was the first time I was acting for anything and many were initially shocked when I sent out invites. There was only 3 minutes left before I had to go back in but Momo wasn't here yet. Maybe she was still angry at me. Well this is depressing. I started making my way back. 

 

"YAH MINARI HOLD ON!" 

I turned and saw Momo running towards me with a bouquet of roses in her hands. 

"Hey sorry I was late! I went to get flowers and there was a really bad jam please forgive me!" 

"Aww you're so sweet. It's okay Momo. I have to go back in now though." 

"Oh yeah go on and do your stuff! GOOD LUCK MINARI!! You're gonna be great! I'll keep my eyes on you." 

 

I blushed and Momo hugged me before rushing me backstage. Such a cutie. 

 

Momo's POV 

 

Phew thank god I managed to catch her just in time. She looked so cute in her costume. I wished her luck and went in to take my seat. I was genuinely happy and excited to watch the play until it struck me again that Mina's first kiss was going to be taken away in about an hour and I'm not doing anything about it. I tried to keep myself focused on the play but all I could think about was the stupid kiss. Before I knew it there was a 20 minute break and I was running backstage to find Mina. I found Mina taking off her mic and immediately dragged her into the changing room. 

 

"M...Momo?? What are you doing?" 

 

I pushed her against the wall and gently pecked her lips. 

 

"Hirai Momo, if you want to take my first kiss your better do it right." 

 

Before I could apologize and register what I just heard, I felt her pull my head and our lips reconnecting. This time the kiss was more passionate. I had imagined her lips to be soft but feeling it now her lips are like heaven. Softer than cotton candy, sweeter than honey. We finally broke the kiss and stared into each other's eyes.  

 

"Mina, I like you. Your lips are like heaven. I need you in my life. I know there are probably many other people who are more suitable for you than me but would you give me a chance to love you, take care of you, make you happy and most importantly would you give me a chance to show you what it's like to be mine?" 

 

I don't know what got into me but I just had to say it. There was a moment of silence when I realized that what if Mina didn't like me at all? Did I just make a fool of myself? Oh . 

 

"Uh haha Mina? I'm sorry for j..." 

"Yes." 

"What do you mean?" 

"I want to be yours Moguri. I've always wanted to ever since 2 years ago I've been waiting for you. I can't believe it. My crush actually likes me and she just asked me in possibly the cutest way ever." 

 

It was my turn to act shy. This girl sure knows how to make my heart explode. 

 

Mina's POV 

 

Am I imagining things? Did Momo just peck my lips? I can't take it anymore. 

 

"Hirai Momo, if you want to take my first kiss your better do it right." 

 

I pulled her lips to mine and and our lips danced so well together as if it were meant to be together. Her lips made me feel as if I just tasted heaven. Her hands on my waist made me secure and everything in that moment felt so right. I can't believe it. We broke the kiss and I looked into her eyes. I recognized that look. It was the look that she would always give me when I catch her staring at me. It was the look she would give me whenever I was with her. I realized that she had always liked me. It was mutual. Momo confessed to me and asked me to let her be mine. I spaced out. Is this real? My best friend that I've liked for 2 years telling me that she likes me and that she wants to get together with me? I felt so blessed. I guess I must have spaced out a bit too much as Momo caught my attention. I immediately said yes and told her about my crush on her for two years. She was blushing and being shy and that was so cute. 

 

I swear in that moment I felt complete. 

 

We were complete.