Best birthday ever. (MINA X MOMO)

Don't we all just love Myoui Mina?

"Minatozaki Sana. Come here now. We need to talk." Momo sternly whispered to the girl. They had just came back from their fansign which was very "eventful". 

 

 FLASHBACK

Momo had just done the peppero game with Nayeon and she had one last stick but she didn't really feel like eating it so she looked at Mina and offered it to her. The younger girl gladly took it with while offering the other end to her which she also took and they started the peppero game. The two girls moved quickly towards the center and were about to break off when their other Japanese friend had pushed their heads towards each other causing a collision. Not a head collision, but a lip collision. They immediately backed off from each other. Mina was so shocked she didn't know what to do so she hid under the table causing Nayeon to ask what happened while Momo explained that they had sort of accidentally kissed. After that incident, it had been quite awkward between the two members. 

END OF FLASHBACK 

 

Sana walked to the balcony where Momo was and she carefully closed the door behind her so that no one could hear their conversation. The two decided to converse in Japanese just in case the other members try to eavesdrop. 

"Sana, what on earth were you thinking? I get that it's a joke and all but seriously I think our friendship is going to break or something. My friendship with Mina is already quite strained and I don't know what to do now." Momo rambles as tears actually form in her eyes. Momo and Mina used to be inseparable when they were trainees but for some reason they started to drift after debuting. The two girls were both aware of their strained friendship but their busy schedules hindered them from doing anything about it. Of course, they never told anyone about it because they didn't want to burden anyone else with their problems. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't know that you two would react this way but you looked fine just now." 

"How else am I supposed to react if I actually liked it? Oh ." Sana's eyes widened and her lips curved up into a smile as Momo face palmed herself. 

"You like Mina don't you?" 

"Mina already has Chaeyoung, I mean they're even doing a VLive on Sunday night and even Tzuyu and Dahyun nowadays and..." 

"Answer the damn question do you like Mina?" 

"Yes." 

"Then go talk to her. Tell her how you feel." 

"Sana are you crazy or crazy? No way! She doesn't like me at all and I can't face rejection again. Even my Jokbal rejected me after they closed down the shop nearest to our dorm." 

"Listen to me. I'm both your best friends. I can tell both of you have some weird going on and don't think I haven't realized that you guys have drifted A LOT since we debuted. If you get rejected or not, please just talk it out. I don't want your friendship to become non-existent. Come on you know her. She won't make the first move so I think you better do it." 

Momo decided to listen to Sana. If she didn't clear things up with Mina, their friendship could really just disappear. It was already 11:30, she knew the members were gonna surprise her for her birthday later and it would if Mina wasn't there celebrating her birthday so she went down to the basement. The basement was where Mina liked to escape to if she was stressed or troubled and she didn't want the other members to know. No one knew about this "hiding" place except for Sana and Momo because they had found the girl crying in the basement by accident before. When the members weren't looking, she quietly walked down to the basement to talk to Mina. Their basement was dark but there was one light that was right at the far corner of the room which Momo takes as an indication that Mina is there. 

"Sana Unnie, if that's you I'm not in the mood to talk right now." Mina quietly whispers. Mina was closing her eyes with her head on the wall. She had been trying to stop thinking about whatever had happened just now. She was equally as worried as Momo was about losing their friendship. They had only recently started talking and interacting more often and it would if it were all to go down the drain because of a stupid accident. 

"Erm actually it's Momo. Can we talk?" Mina turned around and looked at the older girl as she walked towards her and sat down in front of her. 

"I'm sorry for whatever that happened just now. I shouldn't have moved in so fast. I'm also sorry for being so awkward about this. I just don't know how to react you know? I'm so sorry I don't know what to say and..." 

"Mina, do you like me?" Mina was caught off-guard. She wasn't sure what to say or what Momo meant so she replied safely. 

"Of course I do Unnie. You're so hardworking and you always take care of me." 

"No I don't mean it in that way. Do you like me as in more than friends." 

Momo looked straight into Mina's eyes. Momo doesn't talk like this and internally she's freaking out like crazy but she knows that she has to do this if they want to not be awkward anymore. 

"I'm sorry Unnie but I do. I'm sorry if you're disgusted by me. I tried really hard to stop myself from liking you and now that you know I hope things don't change between us..." 

"What if I want things to change? What if I don't want to be friends?" Mina looked up at Momo with tears in her eyes. She couldn't believe it. She didn't know that Momo would be so disgusted at her that she wants to throw away their friendship but it was her fault for falling for someone she could never have. 

"Then I'll respect your decision if you don't want to be friends anymore but can we at least act okay in front of the other members? We've barely debuted for over a year and we still have a long way to go." 

"Mina, you know what would be the best birthday present only you could give me?" Mina was really on the brink of running away now. Was getting rid of Mina really the best thing Momo wanted? She didn't know but she knew her heart was breaking into a million pieces. 

"What could I give you?" 

"Be my girlfriend." 

There was total silence in the room after that. Mina was VERY confused now. She thought that Momo hated her and that their friendship was a goner but now Momo's asking her to be her girlfriend. Momo, on the other hand, was praying to not get rejected. She likes Mina and Mina liked her too so she was starting to worry when Mina stared at her blankly. 

"I thought you hated me..." 

"How could I hate you? Mina, you're so important to me. You always look out for me, encourage me when I'm down, compliment me when I achieve something. You're younger than me but you're so reliable. I'm sorry for distancing myself from you. It's just that I actually like you more than a friend too ever since we were still trainees but I just didn't know how to deal with my feelings and I was afraid it would ruin our friendship so I never said anything. It's okay that you reacted that way. I know it was your first kiss. I'm sorry for taking that from you but I'm serious about asking you to be my girlfriend so Myoui Mina, would you please make this the best birthday ever by being my girlfriend?"  It was already 11:59. Mina looked at Momo with tears in her eyes. This time it was tears of joy. 

"Of course I will but can I ask you for something?" 

"What is it, my girlfriend?" 

"Well that kiss wasn't actually a kiss because only our top lips touched so..." Mina didn't even have to finish her sentence for Momo to lean forward and put her lips on Mina's. They shared a slow and gentle kiss and slowly pulled away. Looking into each other's eyes, they finally felt relieved. No more hiding their feelings. As they leaned in for another kiss, their favorite er, Nayeon, found them. 

"Momo where are you? Oh Mina you're here too! Come on guys hurry upstairs everyone's waiting for you two!" 

The two girls sheepishly stood up and made their way upstairs with their hands interlocked. 

"Happy birthday Moguri. I love you." Mina quickly gave Momo a peck on her lips before running towards the other members who were waiting for the birthday girl to arrive. Momo touched her lips and chuckled to herself. She reminds herself to remember to thank Sana later for her existence and for everything's she done. Without her she wouldn't have the one thing she wanted the most, Mina.