ALONE (MINA X CHAEYOUNG)

Don't we all just love Myoui Mina?

lyrics cr to kimmy-trans on tumblr !! 


The place where we always come to have a cup of coffee
I’m here alone today
The note of our first day is still there

 

I pushed the door open as the bell on the door rang. I walked to the back of the cafe and took our usual seat, more like it's become my usual seat now. Jeongyeon smiles at me as she serves me my usual. "Call me if you want more." She says as she walks off to serve the other customers. "Oh look it's that girl again. Where's the other girl she used to come with?" The couple two tables down whispers although I could clearly hear them from where I was. I wonder where "the other girl" I used to come with was too. I looked on the side of the table. CY♡MN.  After so long, it was still there. Maybe I should clean it off since it doesn't mean anything anymore. 


The image in my distant memory somehow looked really good

I looked into my bathroom mirror and my eyes move down to my toothbrush holder. Her toothbrush is still there. 
"Chaengie, what are you doing?" She sweetly whispers into my ear as her arms make her way around my waist. 
"I'm going to brush my teeth since I'm already done doing my face." I casually reply as I reached out for my toothbrush and put some toothpaste on it. 
"I'm going to brush my teeth now then." As she steals the toothpaste from me and puts it on her own toothbrush. We both look into the mirror while we brush our teeth and chuckled at our reflections. 
"Chaengie, have I ever told you how cute you look with your glasses on and your hair loosely tied?" She stops and looks at me seriously with the foam from the toothpaste all around her lips. She moves closer to me and kisses my cheek, leaving my cheek with toothpaste as she quickly rinses and runs out of the toilet to escape from me. 
"YAH, MYOUI MINA, I'M COMING AFTER YOU."

I'm deeply in love with you, nothing's going to separate us. 
Or so I thought. 

 

I become afraid of my current image where loneliness has stopped 

I looked back at my reflection in the mirror. Sunken eyes, droopy cheeks, I looked terrible. Everyone says it gets better, honestly it's getting nowhere but worse. I quit my job, thank god Jihyo let me work at her studio. Surviving on 3 cups of coffee a day with a packet of expired ramen from my store room was not ideal but who cares? I'd rather be dead than live a life without her. 

 

Even though I have walked on other streets
Even when I turn around from a distance, it's still this place 

It's 1 AM and I'm out on the streets. I don't know where I'm going but my legs won't stop moving. A young woman roaming the streets in the middle of the night, I'm not even scared of being or kidnapped. Before I know it, my legs bring me to this place. The place where we first met, the place where I fell in love in her, the place where I confessed, the place where we had our first kiss, the place where we first made up after our first big quarrel, the place where we said our last words. 

 

No one here would even know that I’m alone
It’s quiet as if there wasn't anyone here in the first place

I went to the convenience store and instinctively bought strawberry ice cream for myself and vanilla ice cream for her. "On your date again? You guys better take care of yourselves! At such a late hour, you don't know what dangers lurk." I grab the plastic bag and left the convenience store when I realized I would be the one having to finish all the ice cream again. I walk back home and think about what the convenience store owner had said. Honestly the only danger I face, is myself. 

 

Our memories of the packed bus conking out where everything has stopped

I'm at the back of the bus. Where we always loved to sit. We would get on a random bus and get off at wherever we wanted to get off. We got lost many times but all that mattered was that we had each other. She would always lean on my shoulder and play with my fingers even though I was shorter than her. We would listen to my music and she would make me play games with her on my phone. We would easily spend up to $10 on bus fares. Here I am again going in circles all by myself. 

 

And you’re still in my memory
Should I become depressed

Everywhere I go, anything I do, she always appears in my head. Memories of our love never faded. We had done everything together, we went anywhere together. Even the dumbest things could remind me of her. I tried moving on, meeting new people, but all I could do was compare her similarities to the new person. I loved her too much, I don't think I'll ever be able to move on. 

 

I miss our past image which has been stopped at that time

I wake up in my empty bed and thought about when it used to be filled with love and warmth. I would always wake up to find her staring at me and touching my features. Strangely, she didn't have bad breath in the mornings. She would shower me with kisses as a way to start off the day. As she tried to get up, I would always pull her back into my embrace and we would stay like that until she reminds me that we have only 1 hour to get ready for the day. I miss her gentle face, her quick kisses, her shy compliments, her warm embrace. I miss her, more than I could cope with.  

 

Even though I have walked on other streets
Even when I turn around from a distance, it's still this place 

I'm back again. It's not like I haven't been coming back here for the past 5 months. I think I've found at least 10 different ways to get to this location. I just can't seem to let go of this place either. I sit on our usual bench underneath the big tree, where I used to doodle and try to draw her while she would try to peek over and see what I was doing. Never did I have a chance to show her those drawings. Maybe I should've. Maybe then she wouldn't have stolen my book and ran away. I'm okay with losing the stupid book but I'm not okay with losing her. Why didn't I just let her see what I was drawing? It was so stupid. It wasn't worth her life. 

 

No one here would even know that I’m alone
It’s quiet as if there wasn't anyone here in the first place

I gave my apartment one last look. I've neatly packed everything and it has never looked any cleaner. I'm wearing her favorite sweater of mine and a causal pair of jeans and my white pair of sneakers. This isn't the best way to solve anything and as a matter fact this shouldn't even be the solution to my depression. Mina wouldn't want this for me but the only way I can be happy is when I'm with her. I go to our usual cafe and order the same. Jeongyeon comes over and serves me. "Thanks Jeong, live a good life okay. I don't think I'll be coming here anymore." Before she could say anything, I grab the coffee and walk out to the traffic junction. I know it's a red light but I don't hesitate to walk in the middle of the road. It's going to hurt, but it'll be worth it. I'd do anything to be with her again.

 

 

 

 


A/N: HI IF ANYONE RECOGNIZES ME FROM MY MIMO FIC THAT'S ONGOING. Anyway, I'm hooked to our baby chaeng's melody project so this happened :) I don't know if this was good or not though. Anyway I'm in the midst of writing my other pairings *ahem jeongmi and minahyun* so yes subscribe for more and do leave comments because I love replying to your comments!! If you have any suggestions or ships you want to see then hit me up HAHAHA okay there's gonna be a lot of mimo next so TILL NEXT TIME