(1/3)

De Nouveau
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's the first part...(note what I mean)

 

 

(1/3)

 

“No! I don’t want to go!” Kyungsoo screamed at the top of his lungs. His immediate action surprised Luhan and Baekhyun. Eventually, both of them were doing something. Luhan was reading the History textbook meanwhile Baekhyun was trying to finish Mathematic question in his exercise book.

The three of them were in class, doing some revision after school session. It was the best time – suggested by Luhan. They will not get bother by anybody or something. It was lucky that no one in their block at this hour. They will be shocked if they hear Kyungsoo’s yelling.

“Gosh, shut up. What’s wrong with you?” Baekhyun glared to Kyungsoo. He turn and twist the pen he was holding. He was still thinking the way to calculate the problem. However, thanks to Kyungsoo, Baekhyun felt his brain shouting to ‘stop!’ suddenly. He was stuck at the problem again. It had been seven minutes since he tried to solve it.

Baekhyun sighed. It’s not right at all.

“Kyung…good job,” Luhan – the lad with brown orbs mumbled. He massaged his temples, frowning. “I’m trying to remember the facts about Japan when you suddenly…” Luhan glowered at Kyungsoo. “…scream.”

Kyungsoo was sitting in front of Luhan and Baekhyun. He had neat black hair, petite body and heart shaped lips. For Luhan, Kyungsoo’s lips were one of the unique things he had ever encountered beside from Baekhyun’s rectangular smile. But, that’s not what made him befriend them.

They just knew each other along the way in orientation. It turn out, they were placed in the same class. They did not seat together though. Kyungsoo sat at the back of the class, Baekhyun in the front row and Luhan was at the middle.

Kyungsoo mouthed a soft sorry.

“I can’t do this anymore.” Baekhyun closed his book. He fixated his gaze on Kyungsoo. He placed his elbow on the table and observed Kyungsoo’s face before talking.

Luhan clicked his finger. “Probably…that, right?” Kyungsoo nodded his head. “Bingo!” Luhan grinned.

Baekhyun shifted his eyes to Luhan. “What’s that?”

The doe chuckled softly. “The program Madam Lee was talking about two days ago. Baek, you’re denser than the way you look!” Luhan teased.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. Surely, he wore a spectacle, but that doesn’t mean he is some of geeky smart nerds? No way! Even so, Baekhyun felt himself charming, he dyed his hair blonde, it was cool. However, Luhan and Kyungsoo laughed at him for one week because of that color. Still he didn’t change it.

“English camp, huh?”

“Yeah,” Kyungsoo replied. His expression was sour. He hung his head low.

The English camp will be held on Friday till Sunday. The venue was Korea Learning Institution situated in a rural area. There were 50 students from the third year chosen for the camp. Luhan and Baekhyun were not in that list.

“Why you don’t want to go?” Luhan asked. “I mean…everybody looks forward it. They can learn something new at the camp, right?”

“The problem is…” Kyungsoo trailed off. Luhan and Baekhyun listened attentively. “It won’t be the same without you two. You know that I don’t like making friends, right? No, I mean, I don’t know how to interact with people! It will be me the odd one later.”

“Yeah, considering it’s you.” Baekhyun remarked. Luhan bit his lips, thinking of something.

“It’s a good chance to change yourself.” The doe voiced out. Kyungsoo widened his eyes.

He suddenly stands. “It’s a mix camp, Luhan! I’m fine with students from our school. But, thinking that it is a mix between some of prestigious school and ordinary school. I feel so down!”

Baekhyun opened his book again. Flipping between the pages to look where he left off. “Why are you so scared of it? Madam Lee said, a room, two people from the same school. That place is big.”

“I don’t want to!” Kyungsoo’s voice rising. “Seoul Private High will be there.”

“Ah, that number one school? It is ranked first in the country, right? Gosh, the students there are so snobbish. I hate them. I know they are number one, but don’t look down on us.” Baekhyun uttered.

“You know them, Baek?” Luhan showed an interest to the topic.

“Yeah. I met some of the students in debate competition last year. I hate their eyes. So rude!” Baekhyun’s face change – his expression showed he was annoyed with SPH (Seoul Private High).

“You know my neighbor study at SPH. Mom was asking if I will be joining the camp too because his mother asked my mom about it. They will compare us later!” Kyungsoo informed, terror in his voice. “I hate that guy.”

“I know that feeling…” Luhan let out a heavy sigh. “By the way, who is this neighbor of yours?”

“Kim Jongin. You know, he was the topic of our school cheerleaders last year.” Kyungsoo responded. He looked outside the window. The sky was bright red. From the distance, he could see the sun about to set at the horizon.

“That guy,” Baekhyun gasped. His hand halted. Luhan and Kyungsoo fixed their eyes on Baekhyun. Both were curious why the guy acted like that. “He was the leader of the debate team. Oh, his words were so….” Luhan and Kyungsoo looked at Baekhyun pen. It was trembling in his hold. Baekhyun’s grip to the pen was so tight. “How dare he answer my question with that fact!”

“What fact?”

“Cloth for the session in hospital…using aluminium or what...? I forgot. I don’t want to remember! The one thing engraved in my mind was his smirk. I felt like burning him!” Baekhyun shouted. He lost the calmness he had.

Luhan assumed that Baekhyun really hate Kim Jongin. Seeing how he reacted made Luhan a bit scared. However, it’s okay albeit his friend was a human. Some friends are unique, the doe thought. That’s why there are many types of human.

“Hi five, Baek!” Kyungsoo was truly excited due to his best friend having the same enemy as him. Luhan mentally cringed when Baekhyun slapped Kyungsoo’s palm. His eyes showing passion.

They are like kids, Luhan smiled.

“Anyway, he’s not that worst than the third minister of their team,” Baekhyun voiced. He propped his elbow on the table as he sat his sight on Luhan and Kyungsoo.

“Worst?” Kyungsoo’s lips twitch. “There’s another one who’s worst than that jerk Jongin?” Kyungsoo’s voice was unbelievable. It seemed like he acknowledged that Kim Jongin was the biggest jerk in this world. He didn’t believe it. Luhan noted when he saw Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. Baekhyun just ignored Kyungsoo’s expression.

Clearing his throat, he started the story. “Well, that third minister kept telling his team member something whenever we stated our facts. Then, they impatiently bombarded us with questions. When it was his turn, he managed to make us felt so bad. Trust me, I never felt that down. He also has a poker face when it was other school turn.”

“Yeah?” Kyungsoo raised his eyebrow.

“I mean, the second minister of other school answer their que

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter