Dandelions

Dandelions

Hey, I got this first and last chp done so I hope you readers and silent readers like this one shot of mine. Please ignore my mistakes! Thank you oh! and I wrote this one shot in a rush so it wouldn't really show much about their love or so and please don't hate hehehe thanks
--------------------------------

Dandelions

Chapter 1

The cold winds brushed my bare shoulder like icy pop sickle. I closed my eyes for a brief moment and remember his handsome face; nothing really change for the past 2 weeks, watching him sitting all alone in his bed, staring at the plain white boring wall like it was something sad and depressing . I cracked a small smiled, wondering if he had notice that I was his roommate all along. I keep quite as possible as I can, telling the nurses and doctor to not call my name out loud or he would notice. When I first time saw him, my heart starts to beat rapidly like an uncontrolled machine. It was such an uncomfortable feeling that I felt like he was staring right at me but my mind was playing tricks on me for the whole 3 days, until I found out that he was blind; with sad feelings, I lied to him that I was just a stranger who would take care of him because I pity him but the truth is, I never pity him; I just wanted be by his side before I can never seen him again.

I shifted my body towards him, wondering how on earth I can be so closed to a handsome man. I smiled so dumbly, looking like a woman that has no worries.

“Why are you so quite Ru?” Fogs were coming out from his mouth.

It was close to winter and dandelions were still blooming even though it’s not even summer. What’s so weird is that dandelions have been blooming constantly and I wonder why it kept growing?

“I was just having many things in my mind right now.” With a loud laughed, I held my hand, wanting to touch his fare face but then my hand dropped with a painful heart.

He kept smiling, looking at somewhere but not looking at me and I don’t blame him because he can’t see me. Tears were whelming from my eyes, it felt like my tears were turning to ice.

He grabbed a hold on my hand. “You’re so warm Ru,” Placing my hand onto his cold lips as I stared at him with awe.
“Do you know what is really strange?” I asked.

He nodded his head like a sweet child. I couldn’t resist his cuteness and just have to admire how adorable he can be. Last time he made me forgive him so easily because he was pouting like a cute child who couldn’t get what he wants.

“The dandelions are still blooming even though it’s almost winter.” I stared at the dandelions. “Let’s pick one out… I mean two.” I took his hand off mine and ran to the grass, picking out two dandelions then turned to face him with a huge grinned, seeing his lost expression.

“Ru-Ru-Taru! Where are you?” From afar, he seem like a lost child who is looking for him mother. For crisis sake, why can’t he have a perfect life? I wanted him to not meet me and live with a life that finds love with such treasure that he’ll have so many memories to keep forever until he forgets.

Shaking my head, I ran toward him. “It’s okay JaeJoong, I’m right here.” I touched his shoulder as he sighs in relieved.

The clouds were dark grey with less people out. Today seems like a gloomy day; everything seems so blurring.

“Here,” I took his hand and made him took the dandelion. “Blow it and make a wish JaeJoong.” I sat next to him; we were sitting on a bench. He made a clueless face while holding the flower near his lips.

“Do you know that dandelions are a special flower?” I blown mine away, watching the dust of the dandelions flying away far from us. I made a wish, a wish to hope JaeJoong can see again and he’ll soon see because today was my last day being with him. Today, today I will give my eyes to him before I’m gone. Why I predict so stupidity? I had stomach cancer, a cancer that no matter what, I cannot live but could only stay till 6 months and this was my last month to be with the man I love.

“Really?” I laid my head onto his wide shoulder, closing my eyes and felt tears dripping down to my chin.

“Dandelions are like shooting stars, they grant people wishes.” Suddenly, I felt a sharp pain in my stomach as I covered my mouth.

Please give me more time

With my eyes tightly closed, I felt JaeJoong hand squeezing my shoulder. “Ru, why aren’t you talking?” I quickly buried my face onto his hard chest and cried, hoping he wouldn’t notice my moan of pains. My hands tightly squeeze his hospital shirt until the pain was disappearing slowly. I took a breath of the cold air, sulking them all in as if I haven’t breathe for ages. With my head down, staring at the wooden bench; I found myself having tears dripping onto the wooden bench constantly.

“Ru?” His soft soothing voice called my name. “Are you alright?”

“I am very thankful of this life time to have met you; you’re very special to me…” With my head still down, I could feel his intense. I can’t continue any longer and I have to tell my true feelings toward him or it would never be say.

The dandelion where he had been holding were long gone, the dust of the dandelion were blown away like an instant.

“What are you talking about?” JaeJoong grabbed a hold of my hands and smiled widely. “You sound like you’re going to leave me forever and never come back.” With pain, I move closer to him as my ear touches his chest.
“You promise me that you’ll stay by my side forever.” He patted my head.

Closing my eyes, I remember every single word what I said to him.

“I’ll stay by your side forever; you’re like a shiny star that I could be with forever, the lights that never die.”

The truth, I never wanted to be by his side because I’ll give him pain when I’m gone yet I know that I was already going to give him pain. Can I be so cruel?

~In the room~

The curtain was shifted to the corner as I watch the nurse feeding him; he was crossing his legs with a smile on. I silently giggled and kept watching him; I tilt my head with envy, wishing I was the one who was feeding him.

“Nurse Shim, do you think Taru likes me as much as I like her?” My eyes became wide, why is he asking such a silly question?

Nurse Shim turned her head towards me with a bright smiled. I blushed, connecting my hands together and nodded my head like a child who was embarrassed.

“Of course she does, she likes you-no, I mean she loves you.” Nurse Shim giggled.

JaeJoong stops smiling and took a deep breath. “I wish she could feed me right now.” He pouted while nurse Shim quietly went to my side and dragged me to his side, demanding me to feed him.
“Fine,” I mouthed her and took the spoon.

“Nurse Shim, can you describe Taru to me?” My cheeks were burning as I feed him the hot soup.

She claps her hands and smiled. “Well, Taru is a very sweet girl, she has long wavy black hair up to her then she has this very suspicious look that everyone wanted to know more about her. Her almond eyes are glamorous and she has these cute cherry lips that are just adorable.” Nurse Shim eyes sparkled; she was having fun describing me.

“Really? I really want to see her now.” He crosses his arms with a sad pout as I slowly patted his head.

“It’s alright, you’ll soon, don’t give up hopes yet Mr. Kim.” She said.

“You’re right nurse Shim, I shouldn’t give up hope, I could still see her but I’ll just have to wait for someone who is kind enough to give me their eyes and then it would be all perfect.” He bounces on his small bed.

I sadden, relaxing my muscle; I stared at him sadly. “It wouldn’t be perfect.” My mouth was moving but the sound of my throat wouldn’t come out. I silently giggled with my head shaking.

I stared at his clear face. He was such a prince charming, having huge almonds eyes that you will get lost into and his small pinkish lips were just so perfect.

Why does it felt like today, I miss him so much when I’m right by his side the whole day? Maybe, I know that today was my last day being with him. My mouth shivered, holding my hand high, wanting to touch his soft face but I deny it and suddenly I collapse on the floor, hearing the sound of my ring that JaeJoong had purpose to me on top of the roof top last 3 months slid off from my left finger and rolled down to the corner as hot tears sliding down to the cold ground. Hearing the fading voice of JaeJoong in worried. The vision was blurry and I could only see him only, looking around the even though he cannot see.

“I got to leave you behind JaeJoong.” I whispered softly with a great pain torturing inside me, coughing uncontrollably and had felt like the star inside me has been slowly faded away.

I love you

I started to breathe hardly and everything has become bright as I saw a hand stretching out, waiting for me to reach it. I stared at the hand; with a wide smiled, I took the hand and went to the bright home I’ve been waiting.

Once Taru reach out, she instantly dropped her arm and stop breathing. Everything was now gone.

“What’s going on?!” JaeJoong shouted as Nurse Shim cried silently, bending down, touching her face. Not wanting to said that the one who he love has just passed away right in front of him instead, she said it was nothing.

3 weeks later

Doctor Jung slowly unwrap the white cloth from his eyes and soon revealed his pure eyes.”Open your eyes slowly.” He did as Dr. Jung has command and slowly sees the nurse and doctor.

“Can you see us?” Dr. Jung asked.
He nodded his head. The nurse smiled as Dr. Jung told him of couple of things to do and left the room while nurse Shim came toward him, handing a video and a maroon scarf.
~JaeJoong p.o.v~
“What’s this nurse Shim?” She just smiled sadly and just nods her head, telling me to just watch the video. I don’t like this; I have a feeling that this is a bad idea.

I stared at the video confusedly, putting the cassette in the VCR as I pressed play. The T.V made a scratching noise then suddenly a beautiful woman appeared; she has on a cream nice cotton dress on with her hair curled with a flower slide on her right ear. She smiled cheesy with a nervous laughed while playing her long fingers.

She looked at the camera with her big round eyes. “Hel-hello JaeJoong, this is Taru.” She waved. My mind went blank she was indeed beautiful, thank god I purpose to her before any other guys could stole her away from me. “Well, if you’re wondering why I made this video for you is… because…” She fiddles her fingers. “Don’t be upset but I’m not here with you forever, I mean, I will be in heaven once you can see because I donate my eyes to you.” She pointed to her eyes with a giggled while I felt tears were streaming down.

“Now-now, don’t cry and I know you will but be happy for me okay? If you ever want to wish for something, go see my favorite dandelions hmm?” Her hair slide down as she moved them away. She claps her hands together. “I love you and will always will but I wish you happiness, find the one you love… “She stared at the camera for a couple of minutes. It was silence until she put the scarf she gives me around her neck and kissed it. “I guess this is a farewell JaeJoong…” She looked at the camera again with a bright smiled and stood up, turning it off.

The T.V made a noise again as I just sat there numbly with tears forming constantly. “I love you too.” I tighten the scarf, seeing the knuckles turning white. As everything turn to slow motion, nurse Shim moves the curtain, revealing a big photo of Taru who was beautifully smiling to the camera, holding dandelion near her cheek as her eyes sparkles with happiness. Next to her photo were her ashes, stunning, I saw her name printed big on the wall of the bed then it hit me all at once, she was my roommate for all this time.

“Taru, how could you?” I cry in pain, seeing everything as a blur, her eyes, I have her eyes.

A couple of days, I was release from the hospital, standing in front of the land of her dandelions, it was winter but dandelions were still blooming. I had on my white gloves and dip in my hand into her ashes as I let out my hand, letting go of my fingers slowly; her ashes flew away with the winds and there my tears started to form. I stared at my own hand that has let her ashes flying away and wonder why my wish never came true, wishing like an idiot, hoping the dandelions has grant my 20th simple request but that simple request never came true.

Dipping my hand in her ash again, I felt like I was letting her go… somewhere far away from me where I could not reach for her and keep her forever with me. I squeeze her with my tight palm, letting out a small squeak. I hated everything around me, I hated the dandelions and I hate seeing everything now; I want go back to where I use to be… blind.

Letting go of my fingers again, she flew away from me. “I guess this is goodbye Taru.” I lowered my head down where my lips touched her maroon scarf and felt the cold wind brushed passed me where I thought I have seen her waiting by the tree, smiling at me like a goddess.

please comment, thank you