Prolouge

My sunshine (exo fanfic)

"Mina just forget it! Move on! He's gone, he's not coming back! Get that through your head!", Minas friend screamed at her.

" I can't forget him. I've tried so many times but he keeps crawling back to my head", Mina said with tears streaming out of her eyes like a river.

" It's been six lengthy months. How much more time do you need!", her friend screamed.

" I just dont know, believe me, I wish I knew. So please just leave me alone!", Mina cried to her friend's deaf ears as she hurried into her room and locked herself in.

Let me introduce you to Lee mina. Mina is eighteen years old, she does well in school and is a responsible daughter to her parents, always listens to them. She even has the perfect partner, Do kyngsoo. kyungsoo is that typical nice guy in school that everyone likes. Good looks, good grades you name it, and because of that Mina considers herself lucky to have someone like kyungsoo in her life. They both seem to care for each other, dare I say love each other dearly. They've been a couple for two years now and they both couldn't be happier, however blue skies were suddenly clouded when tradgedy struck.

On his way back from his part-time job at the local pizzeria, kyungsoo was making his way towards Mina's place to hang out with her for a little while. Just as he turned towards a street he saw a driver swerving and coming towards him and before kyungsoo realized that the other driver was under the influence it was too late. The other driver collided with kyungsoos car and totaled it. The ensuing devastation took away kyungsoos life instantly.

When Mina found out about kyungsoos death she was reasonably devastated and heart broken. She secluded herself from anyone around her. Refusing to talk and eat. For almost a week she trapped herself in that hole. When she finally got out and her parents checked inside her room it was as if a storm had gone in there. Rain-like tears must have stained her pillows. The nightmare she experienced every night frightened her parents. She later confessed to her family and friends that she hoped everything was a dream, but she herself knew that was not true and for months longer she was stuck in a limbo that she could not get out of.

Six months later she was still the same. She started eating properly again, but still will not go out with her friends or family as often as she used to. Krystal, Minas friend is the only one of her friends that still care about her. She knows that one day krystal will snap and leave her just like the rest of her friends did and that day just happened to be today.

" I know that nothing that I do is working right now", Krystal said, " and honestly I feel like I'm just about another one of your tears away from giving up on you Mina". Her breathing got faster and deeper as she clenched her fists. Her anger was intimidating at that point yet she managed to transfer the energy coming from anger into one powerful final plea to her friend. " I don't care anymore about how long you'll continue mourning for. I don't care that I sometimes skip class for you, or that I even stay over with you when I have an essay due the next morning. I care about you Mina. You're my friend and I'm yours. So take as long as you need. Ask whatever of me. Depend on me and your family and when you're ready to step out of the darkness just know that I'll be waiting for you in the light Mina", she finally let out a breath. After her little speech to Mina she left the house. Mina was just shocked after what she had heard, when she came back to her sences she realized she had just lost her best friend.

Weeks passed by fast but for mina it felt painfully slow. She hoped for her bestfriend to return by her side but she never came around. That's when mina decided to try and get over her sadness and lighten up a bit. 'After all kyungsoo wouldn't want to see me like this right? He wants me to be happy and smiling just like I always do right?' Mina thought to herself as she got out of bed and went to her bathroom. When she was in her bathroom she looked at her self in the mirror, she gasped ' do I really look this horrible' she thought to herself. She crept her fingers to her face and looked at herself more closely. She had dark circles under her eyes, her hair looked like a birds nest, her lips and face were to dry, her light brown eyes didn't have that spark in them anymore they were just dead. She sniffed her hair and cringed ' when was the last time I took a shower' she said to herself. Disgusted at her appearance she jumped in to the shower fast. Once she was done and changed she found herself standing in front of her bedroom door. She was battling with herself deciding if she should go downstairs or not. She in a deep breath finally deciding to go down.

As she went downstairs she saw her parents sitting on the coach drinking coffee and watching reruns of old dramas They both looked up at the same time they were shocked at first but then both their expressions changed into happiness. They walked to their daughter and hugged her tightly like they haven't seen her in years. Mina broke down in tears once again " I-I-Im so-orry, I-I-Im sor-ry umma and appa" she cired. "shhhh its okay just shhhhh okay you did nothing wrong to apologize for" her mother said. "what do you mean I have nothing to apologize for I shut you guys out I ignored you guys oh my god I'm so sorry" mina sobbed. " No we are the ones that should be apologizing to you we werent there for you when you needed us the most but we weren't and we should have been and we are sorry" her dad said camly.

Two months have passed and Mina is slowly getting back to her old self. She started hanging out with her friends and talked more now, she even got her best friend back. Shes not dating anyone right now and isn't planning to at the moment. She slowly started to accept the fact that kyungsoo won't come back and is now dead. She wonders to her self that what if she never accepted change, would she still be copped up in her room missing out on everything right now. She learned that no matter how hard something is, hiding won't solve anything you'll just be even more depressed and not care about life. Everyone around her was happy they noticed that spark in her eyes is back and hope it doesnt go away again. Mina is truly happy right now she likes the way things are now and hopes it won't change.

She sometimes thinks to herself and hopes that kyungsoo will come back.......

* 2 years later

Mina just got out of her college classes and was walking back home but as she was walking she bumped into someone and dropped her things.

"oh sh**t sorry, oh sh**t sorry I just cursed in front of you and I don't even know, I'm sorry let me help you with your things" the man said.

Mina giggled and said "Its okay we all make mistakes and thank you for helping".

As she and the man got up she looked up on him and noticed how tall he was and the first thing that captivated her was his wide smile.

"im sorry I wasn't looking and bumped into you" the man said.

"its okay I wasn't looking as well" mina told the man.

" I feel like I should introduce my self to you because I have a feeling were gonna meet again somewhere" the Man said.

Mina found that awkward but still smiled anyways.

"I'm park chanyeol and your are?"
.
.
This is where all it started yet who knew some of her most painful moments would also be with him

*My Sunshine*
.
.
.
*this was actually an essay I originally wrote with different names obviously and I just felt like I had to continue it so here it is. More will be published later one*