Bonus: Spray Cans

Miracles in December

Dedicated to blackluna

Thank you for being a loyal reader! I hope you enjoy this special chapter explaining why Jongdae is banned from spray cans


 

Jongdae woke up with a start. He groaned when he realized his head was pounding. He reached out and grabbed onto an arm, he opened his eyes and saw he was lying next to Tao who was laying face down in the blankets, snoring loudly. Jongdae slowly sat up from his place on the floor. He could feel his head pulsing as he tried to scoot around, knocking over several empty glass bottles and cans.

It was the day after winter break started. Jongdae, Minseok, Luhan, and Kris had just finished their 2 year of the first semester and decided to throw a party to celebrate surviving another round of finals. They even invited Joonmyeon, Tao and Jongin (who was still in high school at the time) to tag along in their quest to binge drink the night away.

Jongin even invited his friends Chanyeol and Baekhyun to take part in the festivities.

Jongdae clumsily located his phone on the bookshelf in the living room (he never made it to his bedroom), knocking over more bottles. He his phone and went straight to the photo gallery (you never know what kind of embarrassing pictures or videos you take when your intoxicated and feel like you must document everything) to refresh his memory of the night before.

He cringed when he saw he had several pictures of him and Tao taking selfies together, making weird faces at the camera. There was a clip of them trying to help Jongin who was throwing up over the rose bushes while laughing their asses off and in the far background they could hear Baekhyun and Chanyeol arguing loudly. Jongdae flipped through most of the pictures, smiling and wincing in pain. Luhan and Minseok were making out after a round of the pepero game, Kris laughing his off while Joonmyeon tried drinking from a large cup, looking completely disgusted. Tao blindfolded while tossing coins into a cup. There nice decent pictures like Minseok holding Luhan (who were dating), Tao and Joonmyeon (crushing on each other as Tao later admitted), Jongin Baekhyun and Chanyeol together before they got smashed, there was even one of Kris and Chanyeol together when they were partners for beer pong.

Jongdae smiled when he saw four drunken pictures of all of them together, trying to take a group photo.

After going through the photos, Jongdae exited the gallery and was about to log onto his Facebook account when his eyes widen in horror at the time: 2:27 PM

“!” Shouted Jongdae, jumping to his feet and running up the stairs.

His parents were going to be home in 30 minutes.

He opened the first door and saw Jongin and Joonmyeon were still fast asleep on the floor. Clearly they never made it to the bed either. Jongin was laying on a stack of clean clothes while Joonmyeon was lying practically under the bed.

“Nini!” Shouted Jongdae, hitting the wall loudly with his fist, “Wake up it's 2:30!”

Jongin groaned and rolled off the pile of clothes, going back to sleep.

Jongdae scoffed and decided to go to the other two bedrooms before he tried waking his brother again.

Jongdae opened the second door (his room) and shrieked in horror, covering his eyes. Minseok and Luhan were and in bed together.

“HEY!  WAKE UP!” shouted Jongdae, picking up Luhan’s shoe by the door and throwing it squarely at Minseok’s sleeping face

“WHAT THE ‘DAE!” yelled Minseok, sitting up and glaring at his cousin by the door

“It's 2:30,” reported Jongdae, picking up someone's pants (they looked like Luhan’s) and tossing them on the bed “we have to clean the house!”

“,” hissed Minseok, getting out of bed (his briefs were still on thank God)

Jongdae left to go down the hall to the last room, his parents bedroom.

“Please let them have their clothes on,” prayed Jongdae as he opened the door and sighed with relief.

Kris was still fully clothed and was laying on the bed, over the covers. The bedside next to him were disrupted, covers were turned over like someone had slept in the bed. Who did Kris go upstairs with? Shaking his head, Jongdae stepped into the room and grabbed a pillow, lightly smacking his tall friend.

“Yo wake up.” Said Jongdae when he saw Kris opened his eyes looking lost, “it's 2:30 and we have to clean the house before my parents come back.”

“I'm up,” said Kris in a low voice, lying on his back and stretching his hands reaching out to bedside as if searching for something or someone

“Meet me downstairs,” informed Jongdae, turning to leave

“Did you see where-” started Kris but stopped, “never mind. I'll see you downstairs in a bit.”

Nodding his head, Jongdae left his friend to wake up, running down the hall shouting for everyone to wake up and for someone to call a priest to purify his room of Minseok and Luhan defiling it with their erted love.


 

Jongdae was helping Tao pick up all the empty bottles (‘Did we go get more?’ Wondered Jongdae) when Jongin sprinted into the room holding his phone.

“Mom said they are 10 minutes away!” He cried looking frantic “and there's still the mess in the backyard and the trash bags we need to get rid of!”

“Ah my life” groaned Jongdae, running his hand through his hair, “here help Tao pick up all the cans and bottles.”

Jongin took the bag and started throwing random stuff inside. Jongdae jogged down the hall to the kitchen where Joonmyeon was trying to clean the mess they made. Apparently baking cookies sounded like a great idea at the time. Jongdae left the kitchen and ran upstairs. He poked his head in his room and saw Minseok had just finished putting clean linen and comforter on the bed.

“Be sure to burn those,” said Jongdae, pointing at his former sheets and blanket, “and come down stairs and help me!”

Jongdae quickly inspected all the rooms and ran down stairs. He spotted Kris and Luhan outside carrying large trash bags. Jongdae poked his head outside and shouted for them to put the bags in his car, he will dump them later. Jongdae was making his way to the back when he heard his brother yell “Five minutes!”

Sprinting to the backyard Jongdae scooped up all the plastic cups they used to play beer pong with and threw them into the dumpster. He ran back and loudly folded the table they used and dragged it over to the garage. Throwing it in a corner, he ran back to the house. When inside he say Joonmyeon was putting away the cleaning supplies and Jongin was standing by the counter panicking. From the kitchen, Jongdae saw Minseok was helping Tao arrange the couches. Just then Kris and Luhan walked back in.

“It still smells like beer in here dude,” informed Luhan

“Oh no,” moaned Jongin

“I got this bro, don't worry,” insisted Jongdae as he dove under the sink and pulled out an aerosol can and ran upstairs with it.

Jongdae got to the end of the hallway, turned his back and held up the can over his head. He started to run as he pressed finger down on the button, spraying the hallway as he went. He kept his finger on the lever as he ran down the stairs and made his round around the kitchen, living room, and entrance. Jongdae ran back to the kitchen and by the time he made it back to the sink, the can was empty.

Jongdae let out the breath he was holding and immediately regretted it. The air smelt too sweet and it was making his stomach churn from the cleaning chemicals Joonmyeon used to clean the kitchen.

Everyone else was not faring any better. Tao had both hands over his mouth as did everyone else. Luhan pushed Minseok aside and yanked the window open and vomited loudly.

It caused a chain of reaction. Tao vomited all over his hands, Minseok threw up on Luhan’s hair not making it in time to the window, Kris ran out the door and threw up on the yard. Jongin ran to the sink and spewed his guts all over the clean sink. Joonmyeon ran to the bathroom and locked himself inside. Jongdae didn't even have time to turn to the sink and threw up all over the counter, stove top, and floor.

Jongdae fell to his knees when another wave happened and by then his parents had entered the house.

“Jongin? Jongdae? Is everything oka-OH MY GOD MY LIVING ROOM!” shrieked his mother when she saw the state of the room and two boys hanging out the window and Tao crying

“JONGDAE!!” bellowed his father


And that kids, is why Jongdae is banned from spray cans.

Note: Jongdae, Minseok, Luhan, and Kris are the same age in this chapter (elder line).

Joonmyeon and Tao are the same age (middle line).

Jongin, Baekhyun and Chanyeol are the same age (youngest line)