III. Hot Cocoa

Miracles in December

Baekhyun eyed Joonmyeon, Jongin, and Yixing all sitting at the table near the Christmas tree, sipping hot cocoa while chatting with one another. It took two weeks for him to get over his cold (well four days to be exact. Baekhyun tried milking it out for as long as he could but Yixing was tipped off he was faking being sick and gave him a good spanking for lying). It was finally his first day back at work and they were about to close for the day. Baekhyun was pleased when he saw Yixing walk into the cafe and located him immediately. They were going to go home together (Yixing was finally coming home at a normal time), and Baekhyun couldn’t wait to leave this place for the night.

That was 45 minutes ago.

Now he was stuck waiting for his boyfriend to finish up talking to their friends while he waited behind the counter, pouting because Yixing’s attention was on Joonmyeon and Jongin at the moment.

He couldn’t help the pout on his face when he saw Yixing laugh openly at the joke Joonmyeon made while Jongin groaned and shoved his cousin in the shoulder while shaking his head at him. How can Yixing laugh like that? Joonmyeon’s jokes weren’t even good, let alone funny.

“You may think you look cute, sitting over here with that scowl on your face, but you don’t.” came Kyungsoo’s voice from behind him, “So stop trying and just go over there and yank your boyfriend away from them if it's making you feel left out.”

“I don’t want to be rude,” mumbled Baekhyun, shooting a glare at Kyungsoo who laughed loudly at what he said, “Don’t laugh at me!”

“Maybe you should be over there,” laughed Kyungsoo, stirring his cup with a spoon, “You got some good jokes.”

Kyungsoo continued to laugh as he walked away, going over to where the other three were and placed the cup he had been holding in front of Joonmyeon who accepted it with a grateful smile.

“Thank you for making me tea again Kyungsoo,” smiled Joonmyeon

“No problem,” said Kyungsoo, nodding to Joonmyeon, “Well, I think I will get going then. See you tomorrow, hyung.”

Kyungsoo gave Yixing a polite smile and wave before turning away, completely ignoring Jongin who was staring after him like a lost dejected puppy that wanted to say something to Kyungsoo but, Kyungsoo didn’t give him so much as a look.

Baekhyun raised an eyebrow to Kyungsoo who came back around the corner, tugging his apron off, ignoring the look Baekhyun was giving him, and folding it neatly as he disappeared behind the kitchen door. Giving Yixing one last look, Baekhyun followed after his friend.

“That was a little harsh,” commented Baekhyun, following Kyungsoo to the back where he was tucking his apron away in his locker,

“What was?” asked Kyungsoo nonchalantly, as he his white uniform, taking it off, and hung it in his locker, closing it.

“Uh, you not even acknowledging Jongin in there,” replied Baekhyun dryly, “Have you even tried to, you know, speak to him.”

“I have nothing to say to him,” chipped Kyungsoo, throwing his scarf around his neck

“Not to nag on you or anything, but, it’s been 5 months,” started Baekhyun, “And he’s here all the time. Shouldn’t you try and I don’t know, be nice to him?”

“I don’t do nice.” replied Kyungsoo cooly, shoving his hat on his head, “And Jongin can get bent.”

“Sheesh you can hold a grudge.” muttered Baekhyun rolling his eyes, “So he forgot your anniversary and crashed your car on accident. That’s no reason to treat him like he’s invisible!”

“No, he’s immature, brainless, and can’t take a hint.” retorted Kyungsoo as he shoved his coat on, “And he knew when our anniversary was!  Except he decided he would rather go off with his brother, get drunk, try to drive my car in neutral and drive into a canal at 13 miles an hour and still somehow try and make the whole ordeal my fault because I WAS going to be late coming home that night! Did I leave anything out?”

Baekhyun sputtered to think of something to say; well this was all entirely new to him.

“Oh right,” continued Kyungsoo with a light smile that was anything but, “And he kissed someone else and went home with them. So excuse me Baekhyun for not ‘trying’ to be nice to him and giving him the ing time of day!”

Kyungsoo turned around on his heel and stormed out of the kitchen through the side door into the cold. After a minute or two Baekhyun finally found his voice.

“Boy’s got issues.” Shaking his head and walking out of the kitchen.


 

Baekhyun was helping Yixing put on his scarf and hat when Joonmyeon came walking up to them, holding a large thermos in his hands. Baekhyun gave Joonmyeon an inquisitive glance as he pulled his coat over his shoulders. What was Joonmyeon giving them?

“Kyungsoo forgot this,” explained Joonmyeon as he handed it over to Yixing who took the thermos without a second thought, “I doubt he would miss it. It’s hot cocoa I made earlier, you guys enjoy it.”

Yixing smiled broadly and thanked Joonmyeon for his generosity which Joonmyeon brushed off and said it was his typical hot chocolate that he made at the cafe.

“I wouldn’t want it to go to waste so,” sighed Joonmyeon, “you guys go on and take it and enjoy your night.”

Baekhyun waved his boss good-bye and walked out of the cafe, dragging his boyfriend along.


 

Baekhyun sighed as he wiggled out of his shoes and scampered off into the livingroom. They barely made it time for him to enjoy the latest drama he had got currently addicted to. Baekhyun plopped himself onto the couch and started fiddling with the remote as Yixing wandered into the kitchen to make dinner. Yixing shouted from the kitchen, asking what Baekhyun was interested in dinner, Baekhyun shouted back and said he was hungry for whatever as he changed the channel to the drama.

Five minutes into the episode, Yixing came wandering into the kitchen with a tray of cookies and a cup of cocoa for Baekhyun. Baekhyun smiled warmly at his boyfriend for the snacks and turned his attention back to the tv. Yixing softly replied he was going to bring their food over after he was done and Baekhyun merely waved him off and said ‘okay’ as he stared at the screen.

When the episode was halfway through, Yixing came back holding two plates with rice and sauted beef with vegetables. Baekhyun got up from where he was sitting and slid down to the floor to where the coffee table was. He smiled at Yixing before he started eating.

“Did you drink your hot cocoa yet?” asked Yixing casually as he fiddled with his chopsticks.

“No,” answered Baekhyun honestly, as he nibbled on a strip of beet, “I ate the cookies though. I wasn’t in the mood to drink anything.”

“Oh” was all Yixing said as he gulped down a large portion of rice

They ate in silence, Baekhyun’s attention on the television while Yixing wolfed down his dinner. Yixing ended up downing the cocoa he poured Baekhyun and leaned against the couch as he stared blankly at the tv, not paying attention to what was going on in the show. Baekhyun didn’t even bother to look to his boyfriend as he lazily got to his feet and staggered off into the kitchen with their empty plates, saying he was going to have some more cocoa and offered to make another cup for Baekhyun which he half-heartedly declined as he focused on the drama.

When the drama ended, Baekhyun was slowly getting to his feet, stretching his arms and back, he yawned loudly as he checked the time and saw it was after 10. He concluded that it was time for bed, he had to open the cafe at 6 and Yixing had to be on his way to work by 7 Turning off the tv, Baekhyun walked down the hallway, turning off the lights as he went.

He opened the door to their bedroom and saw that it was empty, he blinked in confusion. Where was Yixing? Stepping out of the bedroom, Baekhyun decided to go to the home office Yixing had across their bedroom. He pushed the door open and his eyes widen when he saw his boyfriend was lounging on the loveseat, singing to himself, staring up at the ceiling while waving his hand in the air.

Baekhyun slowly stepped to his boyfriend who had not even notice his presence. Yixing paused halfway through the chorus and took a large gulp from his mug he brought with him. He made a face when he took a gulp but shook it off and kept singing along like nothing happened.

“Yixing,” said Baekhyun cautiously as he stepped closer to his boyfriend.

“Baekkie!” slurred Yixing, a drunken smile on his face, “Where did you come from? You wanna sing with me? Let's sing together!”

Baekhyun didn’t have time to reply when Yixing reached out and pulled him down by his wrist. Baekhyun stumbled forward and landed on his boyfriend’s lap. He gasped when his face came in contact with Yixing’s chest, Baekhyun rested the side of his face on the firm chest, making a hum content when he felt Yixing’s chest verberate as he chuckled at Baekhyun’s hair tickling his nose. Baekhyun wiggled around on top of Yixing, getting more comfortable wedged in the corner between the cushion and Yixing’s body. Baekhyun threw an arm across his boyfriend’s chest and closed his eyes. He opened an eye when he heard Yixing talking out loud again.

“My Byunnie is so sweet and funny,” said Yixing in a sing song voice, “He likes to call me honey~!”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and reached around at the bottom of the couch where Yixing put his mug, a smile tugging on his lips. Yixing was never like this unless he was-

“My Baekkie loves me,” sang Yixing, running his fingers through Baekhyun’s hair, “He loves me a bunch. He puts Skippy in my lunch.”

“How much of the cocoa did you drink ‘Xing?” asked Baekhyun as he sat up slightly, inspecting the empty coffee mug and sniffing it

“I, had three cups,” answered Yixing trying to count on his fingers, he ended up holding four fingers up instead of three, “And also I drank your cup too.”

Oh dear lord, my boyfriend is drunk’ thought Baekhyun as he put the cup back on the floor and Yixing started singing “Jingle Bells”. Baekhyun couldn’t help but laugh quietly at Yixing trying to sing but also sing about him too. Taking out his phone from his pocket, Baekhyun dialed the stupid bugger who would have the answer to why his boyfriend was drunk off four cups of hot cocoa.

It wasn’t till the fourth ring did Kyungsoo finally answer, sounding very sleepy and irritated for being woken up.

“I am going to kill you, collect all the dragon balls, use my one and only wish to bring your ASS back to life, and then kill you again for waking me up,” growled Kyungsoo.

“Not before I kill you first,” retorted Baekhyun, raising to his feet, ignoring Yixing’s whining for leaving, “But before I kill you; what did you put in that hot cocoa that Joonmyeon made for you?”

“Why?” asked Kyungsoo bluntly

“Because my baby is drunk and singing to me-AH! WHAT THE-YIXING!” shouted Baekhyun, pulling the phone away and turning around to glare at his boyfriend who was standing right behind him, his hands squeezing his cheeks

“Why you ignoring me?” pouted Yixing, “I wasn’t done singing to you.”

“Not now Yixing,” sighed Baekhyun, pushing his boyfriend’s hands away from his bottom, returning the phone back to his ear, internally wishing he kept Yixing’s hands on him (he always liked it when Yixing got handsy when he was drunk), “Now fess up and tell me what you put in that hot cocoa you had Joonmyeon make for you.”

“It’s just some harmless peppermint liqueur,” insisted Kyungsoo sighing. “Why do you guys have it anyway?”

“Where did you get peppermint liqueur anyway?” asked Baekhyun bewildered, “Joonmyeon thought it was innocent hot chocolate and gave it to us! Now that I think about it, I should have known better to take it from Joonmyeon, considering you were the one who it was suppose to be for.”

“Never take someone else's schnapps dude,” reprimed Kyungsoo, “Especially if it’s MY schnapps. You should know this by now.”

“I should,” concurred Baekhyun with a groan, “I really should.”

“If that’s all, I’m hanging up.” retorted Kyungsoo, “Have fun with your drunk boyfriend.”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and hung up. Baekhyun rolled his eyes again (but for a different reason) when he felt Yixing wrap one arm his waist and his other hand start to massage the curve of his with his palm.

Well Kyungsoo did say to have with his drunk boyfriend.

Baekhyun smirked before he turned around and pulled Yixing down slightly, his lips crashing on his drunk boyfriend's lips.


 

Baekhyun sighed as he sat up on his side of the bed. He blinked slowly as he silenced his alarm on his phone. It was time to get up and get ready for work. Baekhyun slowly got up from the bed, wincing when he stood up straight, his lower half was aching. Baekhyun looked over his shoulder to Yixing’s side of the bed, his boyfriend was fast asleep, snoring quietly. Smiling to himself, Baekhyun left the bedroom for the bathroom. Time to get ready.

After Baekhyun showered, dressed and made him and Yixing breakfast, Baekhyun slipped back into the bedroom, holding a cup of water and aspirin. Yixing was still fast asleep. Baekhyun put the items on the bedside table and gently pulled the sheets off his boyfriend’s sleeping form. Baekhyun’s eyes roamed over Yixing’s back and landed on his where it lingered a little longer before trailing down his thighs and legs. Memories of what happened in the study, hallway and bedroom flashed through Baekhyun’s mind. Smiling to himself, Baekhyun shook his head and raised his hand up in the air. Time to wake up his beloved.

Yixing jolted from his sleep, when he felt a sharp slap land on his . He knew Baekhyun had slapped him (probably to get back at him for last night), and he was about to get after him when he felt a pulsing sharp pain in his temple and a twist in his gut.

“Wakey wakey sleepy head,” said Baekhyun in a sing song voice, ruffling his boyfriend’s hair,

“Don’t yell at me, I’m right here,” moaned Yixing holding his head

“I came in to wake you, I’m off to work,” Baekhyun told Yixing, taking his boyfriend’s face gently in his hands and kissing him on the forehead, “See you tonight baby.”

“Be safe,” mumbled Yixing, “I’ll see you later.”

“Want me to get more hot cocoa?” asked Baekhyun with a teasing smile

“No more cocoa,” groaned Yixing shaking his eyes

“I think I like you better when you drink cocoa,” grinned Baekhyun

“Go to work Baekhyun,” said Yixing firmly, falling back onto the pillows with a groan

“Love you!”

“Love you too!”



Ta-dah!

Chapter 3 is done and done.

A lot of things happened here, eh?

We got a mad Kyungsoo and a lost puppy Jongin.

Yes I intended for this to happen. I wanted to include KaiSoo but also not make them a main couple.

But yeah, they are broken up and Kyungsoo isn't exactly over it, but, instead being sad and having a pity party (Kyungsoo is above all that) Kyungsoo has this "I don't with you" no more attitude toward Jongin while Jongin wants Kyungsoo no notice him again XD

Poor thing.

Anyway!

See you guys for the Ugly Sweater Party in Chapter 4.

Maybe we will see more of Kaisoo. Or more importantly, BaekXing.

*le sigh* BaekXing is kinda my thing right now. But I don't think I'm ready to write for them yet (still faithful to my Krisyeol)

Talk to me in the comments.

yaminom out~!